The Student Room Group

Will I need my Passport when starting Uni?

Hi everyone! I wanted to ask, am I going to need my (UK citizen) passport for the first month or so of University?

It's just that I'm not going to be able to use it again for another 6 weeks or so, and I wanted to ask in case its necessary for anything to do with starting.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zamzar7
Hi everyone! I wanted to ask, am I going to need my (UK citizen) passport for the first month or so of University?

It's just that I'm not going to be able to use it again for another 6 weeks or so, and I wanted to ask in case its necessary for anything to do with starting.

they might want to see id when you enrol but driving licenses would generally be accepted for anything like that.
Original post by claireestelle
they might want to see id when you enrol but driving licenses would generally be accepted for anything like that.

Would a provisional license be ok for enrolment or does it have to be a full license?
Original post by Pollonandosyeah
Would a provisional license be ok for enrolment or does it have to be a full license?

provisionals are generally treated the same so you should be fine:smile:
Original post by Zamzar7

Hello,

When I went I took my provisional/driving license and my passport and I believe my passport was either a day from going out of date or just gone out of date and they took a copy of it anyway, at the end of the day it's just for ID purposes and they are multiple forms such as a birth certificate etc.

I'd take it just in case but you'd only need it at first. Not after that!
Reply 5
I'll be fine, I've got a provisional drivers licence which should cover all bases. :wink:

Thanks for the replies people!
Original post by Zamzar7
I'll be fine, I've got a provisional drivers licence which should cover all bases. :wink:

Thanks for the replies people!

If you've got your photo ID and the paper counterpart a provisional license should be fine :h:
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
If you've got your photo ID and the paper counterpart a provisional license should be fine :h:

Driving licenses don't have a paper counterpart anymore! :eek3:

Quick Reply

Latest