The Student Room Group

Charlie Hebdo in new 'Muslims fail to understand satire once again' controversy

Charlie Hebdo featured two covers attacking Aylan Kurdi; a clear attack on the West's inactivity. But fearing that their outrage klaxons were getting dusty, the left has once again misconstrued something in order to cause a fuss. See for yourself:

https://newmatilda.com/2015/09/14/christians-walk-water-muslim-kids-sink-charlie-hebdo-mocks-death-aylan-kurdi
The covers are not attacking the poor little chap; they are just CH being tasteless ...what's new ?
It's about not being a sheep and seeing beyond Charlie Hebdo's post terrorist attack elevated status
Original post by Saint-Saens
Charlie Hebdo featured two covers attacking Aylan Kurdi; a clear attack on the West's inactivity. But fearing that their outrage klaxons were getting dusty, the left has once again misconstrued something in order to cause a fuss. See for yourself:

https://newmatilda.com/2015/09/14/christians-walk-water-muslim-kids-sink-charlie-hebdo-mocks-death-aylan-kurdi

I think I get the first but as it says the message doesn't translate well

The second one is very good

But as you say those who don't understand the message will the the once crying the loudest
Reply 4
I dont get it.
That second one is really good.

People need to lighten up.
Original post by Fango_Jett
That second one is really good.

It is isn't it.
Reply 7
Original post by saeed97
I dont get it.

It's an attack on the hypocrisy of christians and the materialists west
Wow..... that is.... dark.
It's just twisted and unnecessary, what's it achieved?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
It's just twisted and unnecessary, what's it achieved?

Political commentary on the situation
Reply 11
It's an attack on the hypocrisy of christians and the materialists west

Ah ok makes sense. Thanks for clearing it up.
Original post by saeed97
Ah ok makes sense. Thanks for clearing it up.

It's shocking yes, but then you must ask yourself "what is more shocking, a cartoon that is possibly insensitive or that fact that it is actually happening"
Reply 13
It's shocking yes, but then you must ask yourself "what is more shocking, a cartoon that is possibly insensitive or that fact that it is actually happening"

Neither tbh, we're exposed to it so often ive become desensitised to it all. I think it'd probably shock me if i saw it first hand.
I did mildly giggle at the inanity of the second one lol,
The writer of the article really is a self-righteous tosser and the point seems to go over his little head.

The second cartoon is good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending