The Student Room Group

Have never had sex with a woman on the pill-questions to ask

Is it much better than with a condom?

And secondly, can I trust her to be on it, can I tell anyhow, could I be trapped or make a mistake and get her pregnant? The worst thing I can think of is being lied to and then becoming a dad at the wrong time.

Scroll to see replies

it's much better. I don't even want to have sex if I have to wear a condom. Would rather have a ****
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

And secondly, can I trust her to be on it, can I tell anyhow, could I be trapped or make a mistake and get her pregnant? The worst thing I can think of is being lied to and then becoming a dad at the wrong time.

I guess you want a male's response for the first question so I'll leave that.
If you can't trust her to be on it then maybe she's not the right person to be sleeping with?
I know there are loads of stories of women who tricked their partners into getting them pregnant but I'm sure that a lot of the times it was a genuine accident. I mean the pill isn't 100% effective.
Reply 3
Original post by ChickenMadness
it's much better. I don't even want to have sex if I have to wear a condom. Would rather have a wa nk.

You see that's what I've always thought. It's so rubbish. And it always seems like I'm supposed to have this great 'sex life' and relationship based on condoms, I'm almost pressured into it, and stigmatised for singledom, and it's so annoying, because I can have a better time wanking, and it just seems so unnatural and like the whole relationship has to be official for some approval, of what I'm 'getting', even though I know inwardly it's rubbish.

Maybe it may be a bit lame, but I'd actually be flattered if a woman thought enough of me and wanted me physically enough to enter into a proper relationship and use the pill so she could feel me.
What about the risk of getting STD/Is ?????
If you're not in an exclusive relationship where you're sure if you can trust her I would recommend sticking with condoms.

You also need to make sure that both of you have gone for a sexual health screening and have had the all-clear before you start sleeping together without condoms.
If you don't trust her, for the love of God please don't sleep with her. If you really want some proof, ask her to show you the pills she takes but even then she could be lying, it's possible anyway. Wear a condom, pills are not 100% full proof. Especially if she's missed a dose by accident or taken something which inhibits its effects (again, which could be by accident). Don't rush into anything or you could end up regretting it for the rest of your life - getting her pregnant, catching an STD etc.
Do you mean is it better to use a condom with the pill?
Id say yes as it gives you control and she is super incredibly unlikely to get pregnant. The pill can be complicated when it comes to missing taking it or if she's on anti biotics so it's worth Googling about that.
You see that's what I've always thought. It's so rubbish. And it always seems like I'm supposed to have this great 'sex life' and relationship based on condoms, I'm almost pressured into it, and stigmatised for singledom, and it's so annoying, because I can have a better time wanking, and it just seems so unnatural and like the whole relationship has to be official for some approval, of what I'm 'getting', even though I know inwardly it's rubbish.

Maybe it may be a bit lame, but I'd actually be flattered if a woman thought enough of me and wanted me physically enough to enter into a proper relationship and use the pill so she could feel me.

Theres always the morning after pill though lol.
Reply 9

Well just insist on using a condom anyway. Simple.

And it doesn't matter how good if feels without you clearly haven't built any trust with this woman. It won't feel good if your fears are realised and you become a daddy.

Save unprotected for someone you trust and have good communication with and who you know is clean.
Reply 10

Only if she does take it though he can't force her to. Once he blows his load into her he has no rights over what happens next.

Have you tried using the different types of condoms? No offense but if my bf wasn't willing to wear a condom I'd think he was not a keeper.. that says that it's all about the orgasm and not the intimacy and connection :/
I have a very low libido and can't orgasm during sex or foreplay (only when masterbating) but I still have sex and enjoy it :smile:
Pregnancy shouldnt be your only concern. If you don't use a condom you're at a higher risk of contracting STIs
Original post by Hevachan
Have you tried using the different types of condoms? No offense but if my bf wasn't willing to wear a condom I'd think he was not a keeper.. that says that it's all about the orgasm and not the intimacy and connection :/
I have a very low libido and can't orgasm during sex or foreplay (only when masterbating) but I still have sex and enjoy it :smile:

you can still hug and stuff haha.
Reply 14
Original post by jazjaz
Only if she does take it though he can't force her to. Once he blows his load into her he has no rights over what happens next.

Good point.
Plus the morning after pill shouldn't be used as an excuse to take risk right?

Not really a viable alternative - it's an emergency contraception for a reason. Less reliable than the regular pill and has worse side effects. It's also really expensive.
Reply 16
Original post by hol918
Good point.
Plus the morning after pill shouldn't be used as an excuse to take risk right?

Yeah exactly it's meant to be an emergency not pre-planned contraception. Plus it only works effectively in the first 48 hours or so and most women wouldn't have a clue if they are pregnant or not.
Reply 17
Original post by jazjaz
Yeah exactly it's meant to be an emergency not pre-planned contraception. Plus it only works effectively in the first 48 hours or so and most women wouldn't have a clue if they are pregnant or not.

Plus it's not a particularly nice experience
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Not really a viable alternative - it's an emergency contraception for a reason. Less reliable than the regular pill and has worse side effects. It's also really expensive.

you can get it for free usually.
Original post by hol918
Plus it's not a particularly nice experience

well neither is sex with condoms haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending