The Student Room Group

How to get rid of acne scars?

I used to have a lot of acne and I kept scratching my face which is why I have acne scars now
I regret it so much
Does anyone know of any home remedies?
Every time someone talks to me I can't help but notice that they stare at my acne and I have the worst self confidence because of it :frown:
facial scrubs can help, especially glycolic scrubs. chemical peels at private clinics
fresh lemon juice, honey and sugar. mix it together and then rub it into your face - it'll gently exfoliate your face for you and therefore reduce the appearance of scarring.
Original post by Anonymous
I used to have a lot of acne and I kept scratching my face which is why I have acne scars now
I regret it so much
Every time someone talks to me I can't help but notice that they stare at my acne and I have the worst self confidence because of it :frown:

Hi don't worry there are many solutions available for your acne scars!
I find sudocrem works amazingly also at reducing acne and as it an an antiseptic it prevents the acne from forming overnight. Apply a small layer overnight but don't apply a thick layer because it is comodogenic and will clog pores but a very thin layer will help it dramatically and help heal the scars. Also apply lemon juice which will help heal them and drink plenty of water with vitamins especially vitamin A and E to replenish skin and eat almonds high in these and you will notice a difference hopefully within a few weeks
Reply 4
You can use fresh lemon juice diluted with water. Clean your face at night and using a cotton pad, lightly cover all the area of your face with scars with the mixture.

I use it and it helps a lot because lemon is a natural bleach :smile:
Alternatively, you can use tea tree oil but only if you don't have acne anymore - it can cause a breakout (some peopel say). (I still use it and it doesn't cause any more acne than usual lol.)

Hope it helps :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I regret it so much

Is it hyper pigmentation? which is treatable easily at home with patience or actual physical damage like holes in skin.
Original post by LegatusShadow
Is it hyper pigmentation? which is treatable easily at home with patience or actual physical damage like holes in skin.

How do you get rid of hyper pigmentation?
Original post by hihihihihi
How do you get rid of hyper pigmentation?

Lemon/Lime juice/Baking powder etc... just search on internet. BTW don't expect any miracles overnight takes time.
Reply 8
Using Lemon juice on skin helps to get rid of scars, I have tried it and it works all I can say. But if your skin is sensitive then it can go opposite and cause bad to your skin.
Do a quick search and get some natural remedies to heal it.
I found one: http://thefacialfitness.com/how-to-get-rid-of-acne-scars-overnight/

Quick Reply

Latest