The Student Room Group

Which subject to drop.

Im looking to do something sport related.

- Biology
- Business
- PE
- Media
Reply 1
Reply 2
Original post by trazmar

- Biology
- Business
- PE
- Media

You should drop either Media or Business as PE and Biology fit together really well. But, if between Bussiness and Media, I would drop Media. Good Luck!
Original post by trazmar

- Biology
- Business
- PE
- Media

Biology and PE are perfect for anything sports related and after that I'd drop the one that you enjoy the least - if you enjoy a subject, you are more likely to put more effort into it and are likely to get a higher grade. However if you enjoy both equally, then I'd say take business - the skills you learn can always be put into use if you want to go onto creating a sports related business and it leaves your options a little more open than if you were to take media ,☺️
Reply 4
Original post by #sarahsmith2
Biology and PE are perfect for anything sports related and after that I'd drop the one that you enjoy the least - if you enjoy a subject, you are more likely to put more effort into it and are likely to get a higher grade. However if you enjoy both equally, then I'd say take business - the skills you learn can always be put into use if you want to go onto creating a sports related business and it leaves your options a little more open than if you were to take media ,☺️

Thanks

I've looked at courses but the problem is that for sport science courses you only require either biology or PE not both and so ive been told to drop either one of them as they are both quite hard subjects, but they are the ones I most enjoy, out of media and business. Media was my highest AS grade out of all four and so much more enjoyable, is it worth dropping Biology or PE or Business.
Original post by trazmar
Thanks

I've looked at courses but the problem is that for sport science courses you only require either biology or PE not both and so ive been told to drop either one of them as they are both quite hard subjects, but they are the ones I most enjoy, out of media and business. Media was my highest AS grade out of all four and so much more enjoyable, is it worth dropping Biology or PE or Business.

I guess I see where they're coming from - once you have the entry requirements the higher the rest of your grades, the better you will look - they don't always look too closely into what subjects they are. I guess drop the one you got the lowest AS score in??
Reply 6
Original post by trazmar
Thanks

Biology is always a good subject to study and if you enjoy business the least, I guess you found your answer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest