The Student Room Group

is anyone here not attracted to white girls/guys?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Okay PM me
I don't know what more I can offer, do you care about height? because I am 6 feet tall.

Spoiler

Yeah I know the saying about "big egos",That they also have big egos in the lower regions?

6 feet you say. 6 feet. that's actually quite attractive. :colondollar:

Spoiler

haha that's what they want to believe? good try. Got big feet maybe? :wink:
Original post by Blue_Mason
That is a red flag, as there is no valid reason into why she would only choose to be with white men, as she can attracted to white men but to prefer white men over black men is just plain wrong on so many levels.
Same could be said to white women who only go for black,Asian etc.
It is not a genuine attraction, and is one of the reasons in why I cannot support interracial relationships during this time period

what are your other reasons
Original post by Iwouldliketoknow
Espcially to black girls and guys. Do any of you have an attraction to your own. I mean considering the type thread many prefer their own so why is it hard for you?

Ok, so I'm mixed race (half black, half white) so I'm hoping this is kind of relevant to me. My cousin (who is female) is black. I personally, prefer caucasians ALTHOUGH if I like someone I don't care what race they are. My cousin prefers black boys, but again, she won't limit herself to just one race (rightfully so).

Your quote "many prefer their own, so why is it hard for you?" I'm assuming you're talking about black individuals "finding it hard" to like their own race? As a mixed race individual this irks me ... A LOT. No one should be criticised or scorned (which is the tone I've received from this quote) for having a racial preference. It is also a generalisation. Many black men and women date their race -- the same could be said for all races. Many however, don't due to having other preferences. So what? As long as those individuals treat all with equality then what's the problem? (Assuming you have one with this issue).

Also the quote "your own" irked me. It suggested that you prefer people to date within their own race and that you like the idea of segregation which is highly offensive to a lot of people -- including me. (That's just how it sounded). Of course, I am considered a "sensitive" individual and get p*ssed off quite easily when it comes to things like this, so I will assume you didn't mean to come across this way? I apologise in advance if that is so.

I would be curious to know your stance on interracial relationships indeed.:h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 183
Original post by TheReader
:hmmm: olive skinned:

No thanks. Black olives are much better, imo.

hahahaha love it. although the aliens are quite cute lol.

so true so true :wink:
I had some really awesome pizza today

It was double pepperoni

And now I'm cruising through life

AMA

Lol joke don't

Ok bye lovelys

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZuluK
Haha you could attend it's only london and its open to all :smile:

really ! where and when??
Reply 186
https://www.tremr.com/amadeus-redha/first-ever-ginger-pride-festival-in-england-to-happen-in-2016

That's the website lol gingerfest haha

Original post by stressedfordays
really ! where and when??
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by alicia_x
Ok, wow. WOW. Who are you to decide what genuine attraction is? How do you know if someone is genuinely attracted to someone else or not? To have a racial preference is not wrong at all -- it's no different from someone having an age preference (unless it's perverted, which is wrong) or a hair colour preference. Interracial relationships are no different from non-interracial relationships -- the same things apply e.g. feelings of attraction. Who are you to say that only non-interracial relationships should be "supported"? How about we're all human and so to date someone of a different race isn't a bad thing? :colonhash:

Firstly, I have never said for it to be a bad thing, but I have my reasons to protest.You see there is a list of things that I have noticed such as a race fetish and projecting self hatred.
You have people who only inter mix to have "exotic" children or to get a sense of privilege.
You simply cannot just pick withwho you fall in love with, so you cannot say yeah I am in love with her because she is white.
And please do use obtuse examples such as hair colour as it is much deeper than that.
what are your other reasons

Look up the term swirling on instagram.
Its like a pc trend, that should not be a trend, as it is not cool to have mixed children.
Also race fetish, in which people are just seen as objects.
Firstly, I have never said for it to be a bad thing, but I have my reasons to protest.You see there is a list of things that I have noticed such as a race fetish and projecting self hatred.
You have people who only inter mix to have "exotic" children or to get a sense of privilege.
You simply cannot just pick withwho you fall in love with, so you cannot say yeah I am in love with her because she is white.
And please do use obtuse examples such as hair colour as it is much deeper than that.

Racial preference/ interracial relationships are not a bad thing, yet you protest? Please, tell me how that works. I wonder how many smart people object to things that aren't bad or wrong...Hmmm...

You are right, it isn't entirely possible to chose who you fall in love with (maybe it is for some??). Therefore, you shouldn't "protest" against interracial relationships -- afterall, why "protest" against something that can't be helped?

As for the whole "I love her because she is white" quote -- that is not what I was talking about. I said people have racial PREFERENCES -- meaning, they can be attracted to other races as well as their preference. Also, just because they have a preference for a certain race doesn't mean that they will solely love a person for their race (e.g. "for being white," as you put it). Your examples are getting stupid, because it is so much more than *that.*

As for race fetishes -- wtf?! I can give you an example that will contradict you straight off the bat.

Fetish definition: an object or thing that helps one achieve full sexual satisfaction/ a strange fixation.

Hmm..

So for a person to have a race preference (and consequently a race fetish as you say) they can only achieve full sexual satisfaction from dating someone from that preferred race? Not true at all.

I know someone *very* close to me who has a preference for black men. That did not limit who she dated in any way, nor can I tell you did (or, 'does') she ONLY date black men. It is a preference; not an only option, and therefore she does NOT have a "race fetish" (if such a thing even exists) as she can achieve satisfaction elsewhere. She also evidently does not have a "fixation" on her racial preference if she is able to have long term relationships with men from other races.

As for saying that some people only want mixed race children because of them being "exotic" -- while that may be true for some (sadly), you CANNOT "protest" against interracial relationships or against people for having a racial preference for such a stupid reason. I myself am mixed race. I can very much so assure you that my mother did not have me and my siblings because of how "exotic" we are -- rather, she had a relationship with my father, was attracted to him and decided to have children with him.

If you want me to be as stupid as the points that you're making, I could say:

I protest against same-race relationships and against people for having a preference for their own race, because those individuals are bigoted; racist and have a fetish for people of the same race -- a very stupid, ignorant and unfair statement/generalisation, don't you think? This, my friend, is how stupid you look.

Why isn't race type any different to hair colour etc? Isn't it merely a physical characteristic of a person like hair colour? Why does it have to be much deeper than that, hmm?

Accidently sent my message anonymously. Had to copy and paste. Please read the attaced file for my response.:colonhash:
if it makes you sleep at night
are you white?

No
Accidently sent my message anonymously. Had to copy and paste. Please read the attaced file for my response.:colonhash:

Gives me an invalid kink
Gives me an invalid kink

I wrote it all out, just for you... :h:

Racial preferences/ interracial relationships are not a bad thing yet you protest? Please tell me how that works. I wonder how many smart people "protest" at things they don't consider bad or wrong. Hmmm...

You're right, it isn't perhaps possible to decide who you fall in love with. Therefore you shouldn't protest against interracial relationships -- afterall, why protest against things that can't be helped?

As for the whole, "I love her because she is white" quote -- that is not what I was talking about. I said people have racial PREFERENCES -- meaning, they can be attracted to other races as well as their racial preference. Also, just because they have a preference for a certain race doesn't mean they will love a person solely for their race (e.g. "for being white" as you so eloquently put it). Where did that assumption even come from may I ask? *Your* examples are getting stupid, because it is so much more than *that.*

As for the race fetishes -- wtf?! I can give you an example that will contradict this point straight off the bat.

Fetish: A strange fixation/ an object which one must have to achieve full sexual satisfaction.

Hmm..

So for a person to have a racial preference (and consequently a racial fetish as you say), they can only achieve full sexual satisfaction from dating a person from that specific race? Not true at all.

I know someone very close to me who has a preference for black men. That did not limit who she dated in any way, nor can I tell you did (or 'does') she ONLY date black men. It is a preference; not an only option, and therefore she does not have a "race fetish" (if such a thing exists) as she can achieve full satisfaction elsewhere. She also evidently does not have a "fixation" on her racial preference if she is able to have long term relationships with men from other races, now does it? Please think about whay you say.

As for the point that some people only want mixed race children for being "exotic" -- while that, sadly, may be the case for some you CANNOT protest against interracial relationships or against people having a racial preference for such a stupid; obviously generalised and greatly exaggerated reason. It's simply madness to think otherwise.

I myself am mixed race. I can very much assure you that my mother did not have myself and my siblings because we were considered "exotic" (in fact, we were probably considered the opposite); -- rather, she had a relationship with my father, was attracted to him, and decided to have children with him.

If you want me to become as stupid as the point you're trying to make, I could flip what you're saying and announce the following:

(N/B: Seeing as we're talking about interracial relationships and I'm assumming you're "protesting" against anyone having a DIFFERENT racial preference other than towards their own race)...

' I "protest" against those who have a racial preference towards their own race and against those who only date within their own race, because they are seeing their own kind as "objects" and are bigoted and racist idiots.'

This is a very stupid, ignorant and unfair statement/generalisation to make, wouldn't you agree?

That, my friend, is how foolish you look.

Furthermore, *why* is skin colour any different to hair colour in terms of one having a preference towards a certain one? Are they not both merely physical characteristics that only partly define an individual? Why does it have to be much deeper than that, as you said? (Unless you're trying to make an issue when there is none).

---

What I will say now may deeply offend you (it may not, depending on how thick your skin is), but...

I call bullsh*t, plain and simple.

I think you're an individual with very narrow-minded and bigoted ideas, and this "race fetish" thing..? Merely an excuse for you to bash (sorry, "protest") against the idea of interracial relationships and outer racial preferences, because YOU DON'T LIKE THE IDEA OF IT.

Please prove me wrong and I will happily apologise. Go ahead.

Oh, and yes, some people may experience self-hatred towards their own race for whatever reason (perhaps oppression?) But you "protesting" against outer race preferences and interracial relationships?

...How is that making those individuals feel any better or even solving the problem? In my eyes, you're just making it worse.
Reply 194
Original post by Anonymous
Since I moved to England, another thing I have noticed is the large number of White women with small half-Black kids, and the father is never anywhere to be seen. I wonder how that happened? :h:

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

:rofl3:
I'm a white girl who is generally attracted to white guys and oriental guys
Black female who has never been attracted to white guys. Or asian guys.

In reply to your recent post or essay, you're indeed young so I do not expect you to fully understand as much.But you see, I was just pointing out the negative side of interracial relationships.you simply must see that there is something wrong in only wanting to only date a certain race.
Maybe your parents didn't see race, but with this generation you have people who only get a sense of satisfaction from being with somebody of another race.I have seen examples if interracial couples in London and could tell it was just based off of sexual or media driven.
Let me educate you, as you can fetishize almost anything that you desire.
I do not agree in having a sole preference to just date a certain race.
Your hair colour and texture can be changed, but your race cannot be changed.
Original post by Anonymous
I am an Indian girl and I don't find White men attractive at all. Pasty white skin with blotchy red patches and visible blue veins, teeth that are yellow in comparison to skin, ugly freckles and moles, non-existent lips, thin hair, chubby cheeks with no cheekbone definition, nose so thin it looks like they have no nostrils, often invisible eyebrows and eyelashes (the lighter haired ones), etc. What's there to like?

Brown men only, thanks. :tongue:

The word that fits them imo is 'highly overrated'
Ok, so I'm mixed race (half black, half white) so I'm hoping this is kind of relevant to me. My cousin (who is female) is black. I personally, prefer caucasians ALTHOUGH if I like someone I don't care what race they are. My cousin prefers black boys, but again, she won't limit herself to just one race (rightfully so).

Your quote "many prefer their own, so why is it hard for you?" I'm assuming you're talking about black individuals "finding it hard" to like their own race? As a mixed race individual this irks me ... A LOT. No one should be criticised or scorned (which is the tone I've received from this quote) for having a racial preference. It is also a generalisation. Many black men and women date their race -- the same could be said for all races. Many however, don't due to having other preferences. So what? As long as those individuals treat all with equality then what's the problem? (Assuming you have one with this issue).

Also the quote "your own" irked me. It suggested that you prefer people to date within their own race and that you like the idea of segregation which is highly offensive to a lot of people -- including me. (That's just how it sounded). Of course, I am considered a "sensitive" individual and get p*ssed off quite easily when it comes to things like this, so I will assume you didn't mean to come across this way? I apologise in advance if that is so.

I would be curious to know your stance on interracial relationships indeed.:h:

My stance. Well i am not against. But i believe black people should be cautious when entering interracial relationship and procreating. Just becase someone has sex with a black person doesnt mean they respect such people. I see this all the tine with white women and black men, they live them but have absolutely no respect for black woman which is worrying for the mixed race kids the raise. That is one of many reasons. Other things is that marriage is a financial insitution, if you interracially marry who does the money go to? Which community? Because racism wont stop but one can shield themsleves better with economic power e.g. jews/ asians. Lastly it just boggles me how one can stay married to someone outside of their race esp white when they are so disconnected. Like how do get initimate, love cannot bridge up such differences and ignorance, espcially if the other person is not bothering to be invested in the racial realities but instead be 'colour blind'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending