The Student Room Group

Females: Do you find pretty-boy or masculine faces more attractive? (pics)

Scroll to see replies

pretty boys for me, please :colone:
Original post by Danz123
But where does that come from? How can someone be 'too' good looking? Surely the more attractive you are the better? Is it just gender stereotypes that you think guys shouldn't be 'too groomed'?

I've heard some girls say they don't like a guy to be too good looking as it makes them insecure and they worry said guy will cheat on them because if how many girls will try it on. I hope that's not your mentality because the way it paints guys is frankly abysmal.

I don't know, I just don't find it attractive. Of course I like it when a guy puts a effort into his appearance but not too much, I feel the same way about girls tbh; the constant need to look good all the time and spending a lot of time on the way they look just screams conceited to me. I'm not trying to perpetrate any stereotypes.

I wouldn't want a guy too good looking because I would want someone on my level of attractiveness, I really can't explain this one. I just prefer the everyday handsome guys, not amazingly hot ones you would see in a perfume ad.
Original post by Cherie Amour
TSR is a lie saying I upvoted you already and therefore can't upvote this post.

Aww :redface:

:colonhash: TSR...
Original post by drowzee
I don't know, I just don't find it attractive. Of course I like it when a guy puts a effort into his appearance but not too much, I feel the same way about girls tbh; the constant need to look good all the time and spending a lot of time on the way they look just screams conceited to me. I'm not trying to perpetrate any stereotypes.

I wouldn't want a guy too good looking because I would want someone on my level of attractiveness, I really can't explain this one. I just prefer the everyday handsome guys, not amazingly hot ones you would see in a perfume ad.

I understand and somewhat agree with the first paragraph, though one also can't make assumptions. Extreme vanity isn't attractive though.

The second paragraph just seems to tie in with what I said about that bad mentality. You don't want someone who you think to be 'out of your league'. I never got the whole leagues thing, just sounds like artificial bs, but I'm assuming if you dated one of those perfume ad guys you'd feel as though they could do better, thus they may cheat. That's why some girls say they want a guy of equal or a lower level of attractiveness. They believe those guys will be 'grateful' for having an attractive girl and won't cheat. Of course I'm not ascribing such a mentality to you, just seems to be the only reason people have when they talk about why they won't date someone 'too' good looking.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by drowzee
the constant need to look good all the time and spending a lot of time on the way they look just screams conceited to me.

Your constant blows at women who dress outside of your tastes (ie; without makeup or wearing trainers) say otherwise.
Your constant blows at women who dress outside of your tastes (ie; without makeup or wearing trainers) say otherwise.

Lol okay...? I was talking specifically about Nike air forces, which I said looked hideous on both guys and girls (in my opinion). I wear Converse, Vans and Dr Martens so it's not like I only wear heels or ballet flats. Also, I agreed with what Ellie May said because I have heard girls look down upon girls that want to wear make up, what is so bad about that? I never said I don't like it when women wear makeup, I don't wear makeup a lot of the time. You keep reaching though.

Original post by Danz123
I understand and somewhat agree with the first paragraph, though one also can't make assumptions. Extreme vanity isn't attractive though.

The second paragraph just seems to tie in with what I said about that bad mentality. You don't want someone who you think to be 'out of your league'. I never got the whole leagues thing, just sounds like artificial bs, but I'm assuming if you dated one of those perfume ad guys you'd feel as though they could do better, thus they may cheat. That's why some girls say they want a guy of equal or a lower level of attractiveness. They believe those guys will be 'grateful' for having an attractive girl and won't cheat. Of course I'm not ascribing such a mentality to you, just seems to be the only reason people have when they talk about why they won't date someone 'too' good looking.

I don't like making assumptions, it's just from my experience.

Yeah I really cannot explain why I don't find them attractive, perhaps it is insecurity? I know it's not a good mentality to have, but I think that mentality could also be true for some guys too. There is a reason why Emma Stone and Emma Watson are more popular amongst men, than say Adriana Lima and Candice Swanepoel. They're both beautiful, but have a more "girl next door look". People want to feel secure around their partner, thus people tend to gravitate towards men/women that are more relatable.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by drowzee
Lol okay...? I was talking specifically about Nike air forces, which I said looked hideous on both guys and girls (in my opinion). I wear Converse, Vans and Dr Martens so it's not like I only wear heels or ballet flats. Also, I agreed with what Ellie May said because I have heard girls look down upon girls that want to wear make up, what is so bad about that? You keep reaching though.

Why do you think I'm only referring to one thread, that you posted in today?

Well I may have said in other threads that I don't like a particular style, piece of clothing etc. but they're just opinions.

You make >70 posts a day... Sheesh. Someone needs to get a hobby.
Original post by drowzee
Well I may have said in other threads that I don't like a particular style, piece of clothing etc. but they're just opinions.

And you're entitled so I was just pointing out irony about not paying money to look good whilst you said you hate women who wear knockoff clothing, as it's just my opinion. I just find some stuff unnecessarily harsh.
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
You make >70 posts a day... Sheesh. Someone needs to get a hobby.

I haven't been on here for almost a week. Let me indulge, please. I'm making the site rich.
I like em with a pretty face, great head and facial hair, and a mean body :colone:

Yes ladies. He has a black wife as well :teeth:

And nice Sade av Ellain :smile:

you've made me so happy omfg
Original post by viciousechoes
you've made me so happy omfg

You didn't know his wife is black? :biggrin: They have a kid as well, a boy I think. The wife was on the Cosby's as a teen lol
And you're entitled so I was just pointing out irony about not paying money to look good whilst you said you hate women who wear knockoff clothing, as it's just my opinion. I just find some stuff unnecessarily harsh.

I really do not see the irony in that, I only said it is off putting when someone puts too much effort into their looks all the time. I don't see how that conflicts with me disliking particular styles? Also I never said I hate the women/man that wears fake designers, I never specifically said women; I was just saying how it's bad taste when men and women wear knock offs. Please don't twist my words.
Francsico :love:
(edited 8 years ago)
Personally I find both attractive! But to me it all comes down to personality and who they are as a person because it's all good and well if they're cute but if they're a bad person their looks wouldn't matter , if I'm making sense?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by drowzee
I really do not see the irony in that, I only said it is off putting when someone puts too much effort into their looks all the time. I don't see how that conflicts with me disliking particular styles? Also I never said I hate the women/man that wears fake designers, I never specifically said women; I was just saying how it's bad taste when men and women wear knock offs. Please don't twist my words.

I'm not twisting anything, honey. If someone wears knockoff clothing it means they are too poor to get the actual thing. And you said it bothers you to see it. Yet you say in this thread that it annoys you to see people pay a lot on clothes? lol Well..last time I checked one would pay a lot to get a real designer bag...so which one is it? That's all I'm saying. It's a public forum. I read your post and am trying to get clarity is all.
You didn't know his wife is black? :biggrin: They have a kid as well, a boy I think. The wife was on the Cosby's as a teen lol

i knew he was married but i had nooo idea she was black, just had to quickly google it!
Original post by viciousechoes
i knew he was married but i had nooo idea she was black, just had to quickly google it!

She's Lisa Bonet, who is technically mixed race but...whatever :smile: That to me makes him all the more dreamy :daydreaming:
Reply 79
I find the distinction between pretty boy faces and masculine faces a bit arbitrary. One of your pretty boy faces has a full beard! Personally I love chiseled faces - I'm not sure which this falls under?!

Quick Reply

Latest