The Student Room Group

Is this normal or am I just paranoid?

Basically, I went to a job interview today and as soon as id finished being interviewed, the manager asked me to give her my passport and debit card to scan. I can understand the need to scan my passport but I don't get why my debit card was scanned? I had already previously filled out a form, where I wrote down my NI number, account details etc so I am so confused. Obviously my debit card has my bank details on it, and so if anyone gets hold of this then surely I am at risk.
Original post by dmy15
Basically, I went to a job interview today and as soon as id finished being interviewed, the manager asked me to give her my passport and debit card to scan. I can understand the need to scan my passport but I don't get why my debit card was scanned? I had already previously filled out a form, where I wrote down my NI number, account details etc so I am so confused. Obviously my debit card has my bank details on it, and so if anyone gets hold of this then surely I am at risk.

That is really weird. They should have just asked for your passport... why didn't you ask there?
Reply 2
That is really weird. They should have just asked for your passport... why didn't you ask there?

I really don't know why I didn't ask them tbh. I guess it may have been nerves as this is my first ever job interview:doh:
Original post by samina_ay

I get you.. call up and ask i guess. Especially if you don't get the job. Good luck x
passport yes, that not that unusual.

But bank cards, thats not right
Who was the interview with? Are you sure it wasn't fake interviews being used to gain bank details? Because yes I agree that is a huge risk. As now having all the details from your card, including the security number they could very easily purchase things online under your bank details.
Reply 6
Who was the interview with? Are you sure it wasn't fake interviews being used to gain bank details? Because yes I agree that is a huge risk. As now having all the details from your card, including the security number they could very easily purchase things online under your bank details.

The interview was for a catering company at a sports stadium. I doubt it was a fake interview as I already know that people work there. However, they scanned the front of my card, not the back of it with my security number, but still, it is not impossible for anyone to memorise the last 3 digits shown from my security code:hmmmm2:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending