The Student Room Group

Admissions changed point of entry

Hello,

New to this forum, I hope you are all keeping well. I was hoping to see others opinions & was looking for a bit of advice on how to deal with this situation.

I studied a HND in business management, and applied for a 'prestigious' business course, with the A level grades being AAB.

On my UCAS, I stated my point of entry being - year 2. Of course if I achieved the desired HND qualifications to get into the course. I was accepted as I did achieve the desired criteria etc etc.

Therefore, I was accepted into this course at year 2. I firmly accepted the offer, sent them my grades and it was all good.

Today when I called the university to find out information as to when I started the course. They informed me that I was due to start the year one induction. I was slightly taken back as i was adamant that I am starting year 2. Furthermore I have went onto my UCAS track and looked back on letters & it appears they have only changed this on the 7th September, (8 days before I'm due to start).

I said to the secretary - 'why was I not informed' & she stated that it was their mistake for not noticing & that HND would not cover the modules in this 'prestigious' course. (Their words, not mine) As it is a marketing degree & I studied the majority of my HND in marketing I assumed I did cover it.

I am 22 years of age, it has took me long enough getting here, I just wanted to do my course and be over with studying.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to approach this as I have my induction tomorrow and my worrying head does not like confrontation - especially with the director of the course that she told me to take it up with.

Thank you for your time!!
Reply 1
Original post by Ngrace
Hello,

New to this forum, I hope you are all keeping well. I was hoping to see others opinions & was looking for a bit of advice on how to deal with this situation.

I studied a HND in business management, and applied for a 'prestigious' business course, with the A level grades being AAB.

On my UCAS, I stated my point of entry being - year 2. Of course if I achieved the desired HND qualifications to get into the course. I was accepted as I did achieve the desired criteria etc etc.

Therefore, I was accepted into this course at year 2. I firmly accepted the offer, sent them my grades and it was all good.

Today when I called the university to find out information as to when I started the course. They informed me that I was due to start the year one induction. I was slightly taken back as i was adamant that I am starting year 2. Furthermore I have went onto my UCAS track and looked back on letters & it appears they have only changed this on the 7th September, (8 days before I'm due to start).

I said to the secretary - 'why was I not informed' & she stated that it was their mistake for not noticing & that HND would not cover the modules in this 'prestigious' course. (Their words, not mine) As it is a marketing degree & I studied the majority of my HND in marketing I assumed I did cover it.

I am 22 years of age, it has took me long enough getting here, I just wanted to do my course and be over with studying.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to approach this as I have my induction tomorrow and my worrying head does not like confrontation - especially with the director of the course that she told me to take it up with.

Thank you for your time!!

Did you ask them at any point if they would accept you for year 2, or did you just assume that you would be eligible?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending