The Student Room Group

What can i do in this situation, i cant offend her and tell her:/

I was on a works training day we were practicing restraint techniques for working in a medium secure unit and it meant pairing up with a partner to practice them. It meant that we had to grab hold of the partners hand and arm for prolonged periods for hours to practice different holds. The woman i was with i noticed had warts on her hand and fingers rough circular lumps (i saw about 4 at least). I know that you can catch them by skin to skin contact i saw the warts make contact with my skin deveral times
I have to work with her all week as she is my training partner and I dont know what im supposed to do. I cant avoid working with her but i dont want to catch them either.

What would you do? Just carry on and forget the concern, are they even that contagious in adulthood?

Scroll to see replies

Just don't workout that week...
Call in sick. :smile:
wear gloves
Reply 4
Original post by BobbyFlay
Just don't workout that week...

It is a mandatory training week for work i have to do it.
Reply 5
Original post by halal kebab5
wear gloves

Its inside id have to explain myself, good idea though.
Secure unit of what?
Original post by Anonymous
Its inside id have to explain myself, good idea though.

say you have low blood pressure making your hands really cold
Reply 8
Original post by Little Popcorns
Secure unit of what?

humans
humans
Warts for you
Warts for you

Thats what i mean i need to avoid the ****er lol
Thats what i mean i need to avoid the ****er lol
is it a mental health secure unit or prison?
maybe its part of the test?
i'm in tears, hopefully the warts aren't contagious x
High or low security unit?

Just grin and bear it I'm afraid. It'll be unprofessional to refuse to touch her hand because she has warts.
Original post by Twinpeaks
High or low security unit?

Just grin and bear it I'm afraid. It'll be unprofessional to refuse to touch her hand because she has warts.

Medium secure. Its unprofessional to leave them exposed though and risk spreading. I will be studying physio soon so dont really want warts on my hand people/other students wont want me touching them :tongue:
is it a mental health secure unit or prison?

Its a private forensic MH unit basically a lot of the patients are from prison.
Oh dear, talk to your supervisor? I know people say warts are contagious but I have never known anyone spreading them.. plus they normally go in their own time... could you use anti wart cream? XD
Original post by vis break
maybe its part of the test?

Could well be :tongue:.
Why don't you just tell whoever is running the course? The person going around spreading warts should feel uncomfortable, not you. There are readily available treatments in supermarkets and pharmacys. Ask for a different partner. Or y'know just do nothing and catch warts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending