The Student Room Group

BSC Science-MSC Business Management, Will I Get REJECTED!?

Hello everyone,

I am currently in my final year studying Biomedical Science at Nottingham Trent University. I am on First Class Average and predicted to achieve first class. My aim is to hopefully do a Msc International Business Managment at Newcastle University

The university states that it accepts all degrees, 2:1 Minimum but I understand that coming from an ex-poly university with a degree not specific to business and with a high amount of applications I could possibly get rejected.

I have work experience as an R&D assistant working for a top FMCG Company for a year, Also have shadowed a pharmaceutical sales representative for a few days. My main aim is to go into Pharmaceutical sales, or even the commercial side of an FMCG company and work my way up the company to management. Which this masters will help me greatly in.

If you guys could possibly give me advice on how likely I will be to get this Msc or even enhance my chances it will be much appreciated.

Cheers!
Reply 1
If they stipulate a 2:1 they won't discriminate against you for getting it from NTU. They might, of course have other entry requirements and if the course is oversubscribed it might depend on how good your personal statement is or how well you do at interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
ahh ok thanks do you think your chances are enhanced if you send off your application quite early such as December/ January?

They havent stipulated any other entry requirements however like you said I imagine it is more down to interview, and personal statement,
Some unis may have rolling admissions so it may be worth sending your application off early.
Original post by joeroot
Hello everyone,

I am currently in my final year studying Biomedical Science at Nottingham Trent University. I am on First Class Average and predicted to achieve first class. My aim is to hopefully do a Msc International Business Managment at Newcastle University

The university states that it accepts all degrees, 2:1 Minimum but I understand that coming from an ex-poly university with a degree not specific to business and with a high amount of applications I could possibly get rejected.

I have work experience as an R&D assistant working for a top FMCG Company for a year, Also have shadowed a pharmaceutical sales representative for a few days. My main aim is to go into Pharmaceutical sales, or even the commercial side of an FMCG company and work my way up the company to management. Which this masters will help me greatly in.

If you guys could possibly give me advice on how likely I will be to get this Msc or even enhance my chances it will be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Hi Joe,

For MSc International Business Management your degree can be from any discipline. They review applications individually so you won't be discarded just because you have a non-Business degree from an ex-Polytechnic. You have clear goals, solid reasons for choosing the course, and you've taken the initiative to get work experience in the field. Make your experience and reasons for wanting to study this course clear in your application and I think you stand a good chance of getting a place :smile:

If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to pass them on to the admissions assistant for the course, just let me know!

Persephone
Reply 5
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi Joe,

For MSc International Business Management your degree can be from any discipline. They review applications individually so you won't be discarded just because you have a non-Business degree from an ex-Polytechnic. You have clear goals, solid reasons for choosing the course, and you've taken the initiative to get work experience in the field. Make your experience and reasons for wanting to study this course clear in your application and I think you stand a good chance of getting a place :smile:

If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to pass them on to the admissions assistant for the course, just let me know!

Persephone

Hello Persephone,

Sorry for the late reply but really appreciate your answer. You have cleared a lot of issues with the application process.
I was wondering if there is anything else that could possibly help my application process such as maybe find more relevent work experience, or sending in my application early.

Thanks for all your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending