The Student Room Group

Guys, do you ever ask a girl out face to face any more?

Seems to be a dying tradition. I'm a 20 year old woman and have NEVER been asked out face to face... always by text or Facebook message. Do you just not do it that way anymore or have I been dating chickens?

Scroll to see replies

Yup you've been dating chickens.

I ask a girl out face to face. Unless you've never met the person or you are tremendously shy, I think asking someone out by text/facebook etc. is just silly.
I never ask girls out.
It's better than dealing with the shame and humiliation if (when in my case) the girl says no.
Original post by Anonymous
Seems to be a dying tradition. I'm a 20 year old woman and have NEVER been asked out face to face... always by text or Facebook message. Do you just not do it that way anymore or have I been dating chickens?

According to Urban Dictionary, the word 'chicken' means a kilogram of cocaine. I never knew that.
If they don't have the confidence to ask you out in person, then how would they be comfortable around you irl?
Or if they aren't bothered to ask you out in person, well I guess that says it all!

Not saying he needs to have a long romantic gesture. But at least meet up with you somewhere and say it, idk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Yes, but I feel they wouldn't want to be with me anyway :/
Reply 7
I'll arrange to meet up via Facebook, planning to make a move at the meeting. But I wuss out anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
its easier to cry in private when she rejects you
Original post by JBlad
Yes, but I feel they wouldn't want to be with me anyway :/

aww diddums :console:
I would because i old fashioned :lol:
Online seems fake to me
Reply 11
Original post by thecatwithnohat
aww diddums :console:

Pfft

Trying to fish for attention and sympathy here

:wink:
Reply 12
Original post by AlmostNotable
According to Urban Dictionary, the word 'chicken' means a kilogram of cocaine. I never knew that.

Yeah there are some very weird definitions. :lol:

It's because they compile slang words from the whole English-speaking world.
Original post by Anonymous
Yup you've been dating chickens.

I ask a girl out face to face. Unless you've never met the person or you are tremendously shy, I think asking someone out by text/facebook etc. is just silly.

Big man aren't ya, do you wear your anonymous bag over your head when you do so?
Original post by Gears265
Big man aren't ya, do you wear your anonymous bag over your head when you do so?

Yup. How did you guess? :tongue:
Men say it face-to-face. Boys do it via text or online.

It's simple.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I try to as much as possible. I don't like asking girls out via text
Original post by angelcake123
If they don't have the confidence to ask you out in person, then how would they be comfortable around you irl?
Or if they aren't bothered to ask you out in person, well I guess that says it all!

Not saying he needs to have a long romantic gesture. But at least meet up with you somewhere and say it, idk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Online dating seems very shallow to me in my personal opinion-can't you have the confidence in real life??? You'll be having sex in real life not behind a screen
Original post by stochasticking
I try to as much as possible. I don't like asking girls out via text

That's 👌👍👍👍😊
Original post by Most Competitive
Men say it face-to-face. Boys do it via text or online.

It's simple.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best response

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending