The Student Room Group

Labour MP demands unlimited immigration & says she doesn't care if Brits suffer

Scroll to see replies

Somebody forgot to lock the doors to the Sanitorium.
Original post by Bornblue
'Saturation point' would imply there is a limit. As in , not unlimited.

Next.

To be fair, according to you, anyone who doesn't lick Corbyn's bum hole clean from top to bottom is an evil, nasty Tory who is smearing him because they are retarded and brainwashed by the Tory media.

He could stab someone and you'd call the police arresting him a Tory smear tactic.
Original post by KimKallstrom
To be fair, according to you, anyone who doesn't lick Corbyn's bum hole clean from top to bottom is an evil, nasty Tory who is smearing him because they are retarded and brainwashed by the Tory media.

He could stab someone and you'd call the police arresting him a Tory smear tactic.

And that has nothing whatsoever to do with my post which had nothing whatsoever to do with Corbyn.

You've resorted to personal Jibes and straw man attacks which quite frankly on a student forum are embarrassing.

Cheers :smile:.
Reply 23
Original post by Ace123
Labour MP demands more immigration until Britain is at 'saturation point' and says she doesn't care if more immigration makes the NHS or schools worse for Brits and even suggest taxes should rise to pay for them

“We need to shout so much more and say 20,000 is not enough, 30,000 is not enough. We will keep going until we hit our saturation point because what does it matter if we have to wait another week for a hospital visit? Or if our class sizes are slightly bigger? Or if our city is slightly fuller? What does it matter if things are slightly more challenging? If we have to pay a little bit more into the system? Surely it is worth it to see those lives being restored again.”

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/09/14/labour-mp-20000-migrants-not-enough-who-cares-if-we-wait-longer-for-hospitals-or-if-our-schools-are-full/

This statement that you seem to find so offensive is called being human and having some care for fellow man - something unfamiliar under our government where refugees and people costing a bit more are seen as debilitating economic factors.

If that is the direct quote then yes it would be unrealistic and somewhat damaging if that WORD FOR WORD was carried out - but that won't happen.

You are first and foremost human, everything else is secondary. If you cannot look after your fellow man then something has gone terribly wrong - probably why this world has gone to hell.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Nmys
This statement that you seem to find so offensive is called being human and having some care for fellow man - something unfamiliar under our government where refugees and people costing a bit more are seen as debilitating economic factors.

If that is the direct quote then yes it would be unrealistic and somewhat damaging if that WORD FOR WORD was carried out - but that won't happen.

You are first and foremost human, everything else is secondary. If you cannot look after your fellow man then something has gone terribly wrong - probably why this world has gone to hell.

And where's all hers and your humanity towards the homeless?

What about the humanity towards the people that will die as a direct result of a surge in immigration because of an nhs pushed fair beyond its breaking point.

Where's the humanity for the inevitable cretins that will bring drugs, violence, gangs, rape and everything else that is accompanied by immigration.

If you truly cared about all of humanity, how about starting at the people directly at your doorstep, before offering handouts to people who have crossed almost a dozen wealthy countries before picking the one that suits them best.
Reply 25
Original post by tim_123
And where's all hers and your humanity towards the homeless?

What about the humanity towards the people that will die as a direct result of a surge in immigration because of an nhs pushed fair beyond its breaking point.

Where's the humanity for the inevitable cretins that will bring drugs, violence, gangs, rape and everything else that is accompanied by immigration.

If you truly cared about all of humanity, how about starting at the people directly at your doorstep, before offering handouts to people who have crossed almost a dozen wealthy countries before picking the one that suits them best.

If I had the money and the means I would help the homeless - however as a teenager with no money or status to my name what can I do? And you're saying it as if the homeless are just left to rot - there are so many organisations out there to help but due to a lack of funding can't, that people are still on the streets.

The NHS is being pushed past its breaking point due to cuts under the current Conservative government, and increasing privatisation of the NHS again under the current government will lead to more people dying in the long and short term than a few immigrants seeking some help.

Inevitable cretins? Do you have any idea how small-minded you sound? There are cretins on your doorstep and living next door and in your government - all immigrants are not cretins, they are people with many different skills, experiences and personalities.

Imagine for a second the situation they are in - they do NOT want to leave their homes and live, but have to if they want to live. The situation in their countries is a result of intervention from the West - that is undeniable. They are not picking and choosing like one would from a box of chocolates - they are limited to their language and personal barriers, and where is safe.

Most immigrants and refugees do NOT - and I cannot stress this enough - want to come to our country to scrounge off the government. They want to make enough money to be able to live a comfortable life back home or make a new one. Furthermore IT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR AN IMMIGRANT, REFUGEE OR ASYLUM SEEKER TO RECEIVE GOVERNMENT HANDOUTS - under the law they are simply not entitled to it, so contrary to popular belief they are not here to live free off the state.

What if you were in that situation?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Nmys
If I had the money and the means I would help the homeless - however as a teenager with no money or status to my name what can I do? And you're saying it as if the homeless are just left to rot - there are so many organisations out there to help but due to a lack of funding can't, that people are still on the streets.The NHS is being pushed past its breaking point due to cuts under the current Conservative government, and increasing privatisation of the NHS again under the current government will lead to more people dying in the long and short term than a few immigrants seeking some help.Inevitable cretins? Do you have any idea how small-minded you sound? There are cretins on your doorstep and living next door and in your government - all immigrants are not cretins, they are people with many different skills, experiences and personalities.Imagine for a second the situation they are in - they do NOT want to leave their homes and live, but have to if they want to live. The situation in their countries is a result of intervention from the West - that is undeniable. They are not picking and choosing like one would from a box of chocolates - they are limited to their language and personal barriers, and where is safe.Most immigrants and refugees do NOT - and I cannot stress this enough - want to come to our country to scrounge off the government. They want to make enough money to be able to live a comfortable life back home or make a new one. Furthermore IT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR AN IMMIGRANT, REFUGEE OR ASYLUM SEEKER TO RECEIVE GOVERNMENT HANDOUTS - under the law they are simply not entitled to it, so contrary to popular belief they are not here to live free off the state.What if you were in that situation?

If you noticed in my post, I said the inevitable crime that follows. That means that gangs will use this opportunity to expand here, which is quite obvious.

Why, all of a sudden, do we have money for immigrants and refugees when at the same time, are unable to provide a decent amount of money for flood defences, have you ever seen what happens to people's lives when year after year they get flooded out.

If they weren't picking and choosing, then why the hell would you cross the entire continent to get to the uk, when you have Arab states on your border?? Funny that isn't it.

lastly, if you remember correctly, the last government decided not to put boots on the ground to fight Assad. And that put a stop to us helping in the regions nearby. In Syria for example, if we had got stuck in, less fighting age males would have joined Isis out of desperation. But obviously, that's not before our armed forces had spent years "killing women and children" as I have been told so many times

Lastly. I would have fought for my home, rather than run away
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 27
I agree with her. We need to take in more refugees. We need to follow the lead of Germany and take in as many as we can. These are desperate people, who through no fault of their own find themselves unable to stay in their own country. We have a moral obligation to take in these people, and support them.

I don't care if this is unpopular, we have a responsibility to aid every other person on the planet to the best o our ability. We need to help the people in refugee camps, create safe zones in Syria, and fight both the Assad regime and ISIS. Then we will need to help to rebuild Syria.

We took in refugee children just before the second world war, and we need to take in refugee children now. My great grandfather fought so that children would not have to grow up in fear, and to create a world that serves the interests of the many not the few, and where the most vulnerable are cared for, supported, protected and loved.
UKIP is the answer, they are the only party who actually cares about the UK
Original post by Katty3
I agree with her. We need to take in more refugees. We need to follow the lead of Germany and take in as many as we can. These are desperate people, who through no fault of their own find themselves unable to stay in their own country. We have a moral obligation to take in these people, and support them.

I don't care if this is unpopular, we have a responsibility to aid every other person on the planet to the best o our ability. We need to help the people in refugee camps, create safe zones in Syria, and fight both the Assad regime and ISIS. Then we will need to help to rebuild Syria.

We took in refugee children just before the second world war, and we need to take in refugee children now. My great grandfather fought so that children would not have to grow up in fear, and to create a world that serves the interests of the many not the few, and where the most vulnerable are cared for, supported, protected and loved.

Germany have just closed their borders and introduced controls on incoming migrants.

lol awkward, have you not read the news?
Reply 30
Original post by Gears265
Germany have just closed their borders and introduced controls on incoming migrants.

lol awkward, have you not read the news?

Have you not read the news? They are doing this in order to get more support from the rest of the EU. They are still taking in any refugees who make it to Germany.
Original post by Katty3
Have you not read the news? They are doing this in order to get more support from the rest of the EU. They are still taking in any refugees who make it to Germany.

Have you not read the news? They have already turned a large number of people down who arrived by train, refusing to let them get off. Look again.
Reply 32
Original post by Gears265
Have you not read the news? They have already turned a large number of people down who arrived by train, refusing to let them get off. Look again.

Still doesn't detract from my overall argument that we can and should do more.
Original post by Katty3
Still doesn't detract from my overall argument that we can and should do more.

No we shouldn't, we should let the Migrants overflow Germany and bring it to its knees. Then let the neo-nazi movement topple Merkel and watch slowly as her precious EU crumbles to the ground. Now that I would pay to see!
seems like british really hate immigrant
i'm getting worried as international student for some reason
please tell me you guys don't think "oh, another outsider cnt..." when you see int.student
Original post by Katty3

Well, no. They are doing it because they have belatedly realised that taking in all and sundry is unrealistic and that other countries won't join them in their folly. The rest of the EU won't conform, and Europe's borders are closing. Last week's idealistic and nonsensical bleeding heart attitude has ended.

Those in need can be better helped in ways other than bringing them all the way across Europe to an alien environment, and this is what the government proposes.
Reply 36
Original post by tim_123
If you noticed in my post, I said the inevitable crime that follows. That means that gangs will use this opportunity to expand here, which is quite obvious.

Why, all of a sudden, do we have money for immigrants and refugees when at the same time, are unable to provide a decent amount of money for flood defences, have you ever seen what happens to people's lives when year after year they get flooded out.

If they weren't picking and choosing, then why the hell would you cross the entire continent to get to the uk, when you have Arab states on your border?? Funny that isn't it.

lastly, if you remember correctly, the last government decided not to put boots on the ground to fight Assad. And that put a stop to us helping in the regions nearby. In Syria for example, if we had got stuck in, less fighting age males would have joined Isis out of desperation. But obviously, that's not before our armed forces had spent years "killing women and children" as I have been told so many times

Lastly. I would have fought for my home, rather than run away

That's very presumptuous of you - there are enough gangs here anyway tbh it won't make a very big difference. Furthermore, the UK is not some sacred country that is at risk of being tainted by immigrants, it is as corrupt and dirty as any other country.

The issue with flooding - someone needs to trace backwards and figure out why it was decided to build on flood plains anyway, when the risk of flooding was extremely obvious. And have you seen the lives of these immigrants when their homes are being shot and bombed?

The neighbouring Arab states aren't taking any in - also Lebanon, a tiny tiny country has over 1 million refugees, however neighbouring states are unsafe hence why immigrants want to go to Europe.

I don't understand your point about Assad, I think I'm just tired of politics.

You try defending your home and country when your opponent has better military equipment than you and no one is going to help you. It's not as simple as that and you know it is not.
Original post by Nmys
That's very presumptuous of you - there are enough gangs here anyway tbh it won't make a very big difference. Furthermore, the UK is not some sacred country that is at risk of being tainted by immigrants, it is as corrupt and dirty as any other country.

The issue with flooding - someone needs to trace backwards and figure out why it was decided to build on flood plains anyway, when the risk of flooding was extremely obvious. And have you seen the lives of these immigrants when their homes are being shot and bombed?

The neighbouring Arab states aren't taking any in - also Lebanon, a tiny tiny country has over 1 million refugees, however neighbouring states are unsafe hence why immigrants want to go to Europe.

I don't understand your point about Assad, I think I'm just tired of politics.

You try defending your home and country when your opponent has better military equipment than you and no one is going to help you. It's not as simple as that and you know it is not.

The afghans did a pretty good job of keeping the Russians at bay. It's just a shame the Taliban ruined it all afterwards.

The difference is the type of gangs. If you've spend any time in these countries you'd know just how barbaric they can be
Original post by Ace123
Labour MP demands more immigration until Britain is at 'saturation point' and says she doesn't care if more immigration makes the NHS or schools worse for Brits and even suggest taxes should rise to pay for them

“We need to shout so much more and say 20,000 is not enough, 30,000 is not enough. We will keep going until we hit our saturation point because what does it matter if we have to wait another week for a hospital visit? Or if our class sizes are slightly bigger? Or if our city is slightly fuller? What does it matter if things are slightly more challenging? If we have to pay a little bit more into the system? Surely it is worth it to see those lives being restored again.”

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/09/14/labour-mp-20000-migrants-not-enough-who-cares-if-we-wait-longer-for-hospitals-or-if-our-schools-are-full/

Your title is extremely misleading because she is talking about refugees, not economic migrants, and made it very clear that she is not talking about "unlimited" migration. I think what's she's saying is completely fair enough. Our problems are absolutely minute in comparison to the suffering these people are escaping. These people desperately need help and if we need to use some of our resources to help them, so be it. Any kind of dent in quality of life that we have to take (and to make it perfectly clear, it will probably incredibly small) will be negligible in comparison to how much it would help these people. We can afford to spend resources on them, we're a very wealthy country.
Reply 39
UKIP have made a video response to the Labour MP's pretty crazy comments

https://www.facebook.com/UKIP/videos/1013344418687448

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending