The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

PE is a pile of ****, I feel your pain.
Reply 2
Suck it up and do it if you need it to get into sixth form.

I personally just found it boring and sat around chatting with my friends - but it counted nothing towards my grades, so I guess you shouldn't be doing what I did.

If it's only for the last year you'll be fine - you survived all the previous years before this one right!
Just go to PE would be my advice. Hanging around in the toilets is not exactly fun and is clearly going to get you into trouble for skipping stuff. I didn't enjoy PE much either, but it's not going to cost you much to turn up. To be honest when I finally decided to just give it a go and make the best of it, I probably enjoyed it the most.

Besides, exercise in a general sense is a good thing to do. If you don't want to do anything involving other people, maybe ask if you can do something else, like go to the gym and run on a treadmill or something more solitary. Or you can even jog some laps around the field. I got into running in my own time and now I love it, I go running most days. There's a different exercise for everyone.
(edited 8 years ago)
oh god all those memories are coming. I was always last to get picked, actually no one ever picked me, I had to go in the team that didn't take the other 2nd to last person.

Don't worry, it will all end soon. I used to keep a fake injury note in my bag a haha :redface:
Just put the kit on and do nothing. Worked for us for 5 years in secondary school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
oh god all those memories are coming. I was always last to get picked, actually no one ever picked me, I had to go in the team that didn't take the other 2nd to last person.

Can relate.

I wouldn't stay in the toilets. As terrible as PE is, you have to take part… No excuse is valid enough to bunk it.
Reply 7
It's OK, just know you're not alone. I think practically everyone who didn't make sports their life back in high school absolutely hated PE lessons. (PE teachers are often biased towards the sporty people too ugh) You'll get through it- just take it as it comes! :wink:
Ball is life
I used to enjoy PE but as things became more competitive and over the top, I've just given up caring. I feel demoralised that pe is setted (not an option than I chose) yet other subjects which I chose aren't. The teachers are over competitive too.
Jesus stop moaning, it's your last year at school but you're not mature enough to just get on with a task for an hour? They're not going to expect you to play like a pro. "Getting into groups EWWW" mm lovely attitude for both sixth form and future workplace.
Suck it up, nothing's hurting you, an hour of exercise isn't going to kill you
Reply 11
Suck it up. Everyone hates it but you gotta do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
just ****ing get on with it. people who won't partake seriously in other sports should be forced to box.

Try standing still sulking like a child when you're being punched repeatedly in the face.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by cole-slaw
just ****ing get on with it. people who won't partake seriously in other sports should be forced to box.

Try standing still sulking like a child when you're being punched repeatedly in the face.

Or rugby

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think everybody hates PE when they are in school, I know I did. Except for that one lesson where I got picked first for rugby. I can't lie, it felt amazing and is probably the only lesson I ever took seriously. Though I still suspect the teacher probably just confused me with somebody else and called out the wrong name... :curious:
for team sport, just run around for a bit. Like for example basket ball, just run up and down the court, it looks like you a trying really hard. Also its good for health. If you get the ball just play a simple pass backwards.

Also never be the last man back or the first man forward, stay in the middle in between player, no pressure to do anything. Like the last man back always gets blamed but not really their fault becuase the whole team needs to defend.
Original post by RonnieRJ
Jesus stop moaning, it's your last year at school but you're not mature enough to just get on with a task for an hour? They're not going to expect you to play like a pro. "Getting into groups EWWW" mm lovely attitude for both sixth form and future workplace.
Suck it up, nothing's hurting you, an hour of exercise isn't going to kill you

Need to mold you into nice little drones :console:

Original post by cole-slaw

They don't punch you in the face in PE lol, hard man. :boxing:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by seaholme
Just go to PE would be my advice. Hanging around in the toilets is not exactly fun and is clearly going to get you into trouble for skipping stuff. I didn't enjoy PE much either, but it's not going to cost you much to turn up. To be honest when I finally decided to just give it a go and make the best of it, I probably enjoyed it the most.

I never got caught. My friends and I used to hide in the changing rooms and the teacher was so thick she never realised that there were only 10 students taking part, instead of 25.
I hated PE. I remember that damn Beep test, I just wanted to die.
I'm afraid you're going to have to suck it up my friend.

By the way I think PE sucks too. The teachers were generally ********s and always favoured the sporty athletic attractive types.

Latest

Trending

Trending