The Student Room Group

Should women smoke weed?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Soffie
Presentation is not part of 'female nature'. It's all media influence, this influence being merely the remnants of outdated traditional views concerning the roles of women in society. But now as the developping world is becoming more advanced, and more people are being educated, these views are fading out of the picture.
(Oh, and did you happen to notice how these ridiculous views mainly exist in third world countries, where women and a lot of men are still largely uneducated?)
While it's true that cosmetics target largely a female audience, how did this manifest? Media influence, of course! And the principal motive of both the media and the cosmetics industry? Money.

Wrong!

It is all to do with nature. Men generally choose partners that they find attractive. And even in this "progressive" world we now live in, it is still the men who make the moves in a relationship. So it is up to women to make themselves attractive to the opposite sex in order to get the attention. This can be witnessed throughout the animal kingdom, sometimes with roles reversed.

Cosmetics have been around for roughly 6000 years, although some would argue that they actually date back around 100,000 years to the stone age. So it is not the media it is in fact much deeper rooted than that.
Original post by Cherie Amour
Do you fall over when you carry it? :tongue:

Haha no I do not :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cherie Amour
Is the first bit to me because I mentioned video game dangers lol? It sounds silly, but it's true.

And yes that is why tobacco is legal, and alcohol tax, yes. Far smarter than Prohibition to charge people extra for their guilty pleasures :laugh:

Misread, nevermind, or you quickly edited.

It wasn't aimed at you, no. I hope I'm not coming across as rude towards you on here. Not what I intend to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blue_Mason
On average, yes, they are.
Just accept the facts and learn to not get worked up

Can you explain the correlation between strength and being allowed to smoke weed? (not that I have a problem with either gender doing so)
I never said I was right, but it is much worse if a woman smokes weed or drinks beer or vodka.
No as society has rules for both genders, and such rules are not mea t to broken.

So what does that mean then? That women shouldn't have the vote? That they shouldn't be able to enter employment with equal rights? That they are there for the sole purpose of raising children and domesticity?
If rules are not meant to be broken in society, then women, ethnic minorities, and the LGBT community would have no rights, because that's what society was like a little while ago.
Presentation is a part of female nature.
Also cosmetics was invented for a reason.

Yeah, cosmetics were originally for use by men.
Reply 166
Original post by DiddyDec
Wrong!

It is all to do with nature. Men generally choose partners that they find attractive. And even in this "progressive" world we now live in, it is still the men who make the moves in a relationship. So it is up to women to make themselves attractive to the opposite sex in order to get the attention. This can be witnessed throughout the animal kingdom, sometimes with roles reversed.

Cosmetics have been around for roughly 6000 years, although some would argue that they actually date back around 100,000 years to the stone age. So it is not the media it is in fact much deeper rooted than that.

Finally someone who will provide a coherent and sensible arguement to what I am saying. I won't refute any of the points you've made as they are clearly valid points.
I feel though that nowadays it is less important, as women are more educated. For example, I come from an educated background and don't have much interest in wearing make up/making myself attractive to men, whilst I participate heavily in sport and am even studying a course which is still male-dominated. (perhaps I am an outlier, I couldn't tell) But do you agree that once this gender gap has been filled and the proportion of educated women to men is the same, this 'gender role' ideology will cease to exist?
Original post by Soffie
Finally someone who will provide a coherent and sensible arguement to what I am saying. I won't refute any of the points you've made as they are clearly valid points.
I feel though that nowadays it is less important, as women are more educated. For example, I come from an educated background and don't have much interest in wearing make up/making myself attractive to men, whilst I participate heavily in sport and am even studying a course which is still male-dominated. (perhaps I am an outlier, I couldn't tell) But do you agree that once this gender gap has been filled and the proportion of educated women to men is the same, this 'gender role' ideology will cease to exist?

The Gender Gap in education is already favouring women.with 55% of university applicants being female. However, Gender Roles are deep rooted once again within nature, so when women have a free choice of what they want to do they choose to go for the more nurturing jobs and courses such as veterinary science, medicine and education.

Gender Roles are not an ideology. It is rooted in the very make up of humans. There will always be those who buck the trend, but it is a trend which can be observed throughout all humans. Women are carers and men are providers. I don't think this will ever change no matter how "progressive" a nation is. Somethings in nature you cannot unwrite and I believe this is one of them.

Below I can attached a very interesting documentary from Norway one of the most Gender Equal nations on Earth.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheTruthTeller
*roadman *roadman

haha thanks :lol:
Reply 169
Original post by elliemayxo
I drink 6L of water a day, it's done me nothing but good. :smile:

:eek:

research shows drinking when not thirsty can impair concentration

chemicals used for disinfection found in bottled water could be bad for your health

Drinking excessive amounts can also lead to loss of sleep

it can even cause kidney damage, instead of preventing it.

too much water can lead to a rare but potentially fatal condition called hyponatraemia, which sees the body’s salt levels drop and can lead to swelling of the brain

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2014112/Drinking-water-bad-health-Benefits-myth.html
As Shisha seems to be almost halal I don't see why light cannabis use shouldn't be either. As long as it isn't replacing and detracting from ones faith in Allah then I dont see why not. But Im sure many interpretations of the Quran would advocate absolutely no weed in either sex and probably no Shisha either.
Weed yuck

Its all the rage to look cool these days
Original post by S-man10
Weed yuck

Its all the rage to look cool these days

It has been "all the rage" for about 40 years.
It has been "all the rage" for about 40 years.

And so it has let whoever take it and face the consequences
Original post by S-man10
And so it has let whoever take it and face the consequences

Which consequences?

The plethora of medical benefits?
Should men smoke weed?

What if I was to say I'm strongly against the idea of men smoking weed and wondered if tsr agreed with me?

I'm not, by the way. Just putting the opposite out there.
Which consequences?

The plethora of medical benefits?

Go ahead and enjoy the pleathora of benefits
Original post by S-man10
Go ahead and enjoy the pleathora of benefits

I can't it is illegal.
Original post by carrotstar
Should men smoke weed?

What if I was to say I'm strongly against the idea of men smoking weed and wondered if tsr agreed with me?

I'm not, by the way. Just putting the opposite out there.

I would agree with you
Now I am strongly against women smoking weed for many reasons and was wondering if tsr agrees with me?

What is it with you and women? That's two threads I've read from you today where you're telling women what they should and shouldn't do.

I just looked at your post history, I went back about 50 posts and every one of them is about women, with comments like "men cannot be feminists", "wives should be submissive" and "fat girls should lose weight".

Do you know the term "sexist"?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest