The Student Room Group

Is Germany using the EU as a dictatorship?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by driftawaay
The scattered documents along the Serbian border will tell you otherwise. They throw away their documents (or never brought them in the first place) and pretend to be Syrian. They refuse to be registered as well. No one knows where the hell they are actually coming from.

So you suggest that we do nothing about this humanitarian crisis just because a few people, in their desperation, are trying to bend the rules?

Original post by Normies Out
How is it cooperation if only one nation actually wants the refugees?

At the moment, it clearly isn't cooperation - which is why I support economic sanctions, because at the moment it seems like only one country is actually staying true to the aims of the EU.
Original post by Gears265
But they are migrants.The people in the camps in Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan for example, now they are the refugees who need real help and funding.These swarms of people who come to Europe have firstly not been documented or analysed so we can not deduce if they are a refugee or migrant. To be a migrant you move from one place to another, to be a refugee requires confirmation and detailed evidence which is not accessible. Anyone can say they are a refugee, doesn't mean they are.Secondly a refugee seeks safety from war and circumstances beyond their control. Is their war in Turkey? in Hungary? in Greece? in Spain? in Serbia? in Jordan? In any of these many countries other than Germany, Sweden and the UK? NO THERE IS NOT. If they are migrating from a safe country to another safe country that you call a migrant. Is there a brain there, or am I speaking to a rock?

Turkey and Jordan already have millions of refugees. They've already done an incredible amount, you can't just say "Let's dump all the refugees in Turkey and Jordan" because 1) neither of those countries is particularly wealthy and 2) they've already done a lot. Greece, clearly, isn't in the greatest situation at the moment. Should other EU countries like Hungary and Spain be doing more? Of course... which is why they should be accepting more refugees. Does that remove the responsibility of Germany, Sweden and the UK to take in refugees? No, everyone should be doing what they can to help this cause. I don't understand why you seem to think that refugees should go to the nearest possible country and then stay there because in all the situations you've mentioned, the nearest possible country either already has millions of refugees or refuses to have those refugees (and for the latter point, you should be supporting quotas).
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by driftawaay
The scattered documents along the Serbian border will tell you otherwise. They throw away their documents (or never brought them in the first place) and pretend to be Syrian. They refuse to be registered as well. No one knows where the hell they are actually coming from.

The real refugees are in the camps. They deserve the funding. I find it sickening when I see the migrants in Europe with their IPhones and gadgets better than me, then say they are a refugee. It is wrong and an insult to the real refugees of ISIS.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Plagioclase

At the moment, it clearly isn't cooperation - which is why I support economic sanctions, because at the moment it seems like only one country is actually staying true to the aims of the EU.

Making Europe brown and Islamic is an EU aim?
So you suggest that we do nothing about this humanitarian crisis just because a few people, in their desperation, are trying to bend the rules?

The purpose of the EU was democratic order among the continent. You don't force members to change their policy, there has to be majority support and a vote on the matter with the freedom to abstain if necessary. There has been no vote or process. It is just dictating who should do what. That is not the purpose of the EU my friend. Read up.
(edited 8 years ago)
You do realise Lebanese ministers said there is at least 2 in 100 jihadis among the migrants. AT LEAST! I don't have to do the maths to say that is outrageous.

These people need to be documented and analysed. Who knows who is who. It is funny how 99% of migrants are men, fully fit and able. They are not victims, the women and children stuck in Syria are but hey the men have no problem leaving them to ISIS.

The journey to get to Europe is long, expensive and very dangerous. It makes sense that the men would come first while their families most likely remain behind in Turkey/Jordan. They don't want to stay long term in Turkey/Jordan even though they are 'safe countries' because a lot of the refeguees don't have the required documents and so are forced into overcrowded camps with little help from these governments. They can't work or build a life in these countries and so are stuck in no mans land barely surviving but not living. Once the men get asylum in Europe they can then have their families join them via safer routes.
Original post by littleangel9914
The journey to get to Europe is long, expensive and very dangerous.

Are you insane? Traveling across Europe is not dangerous or expensive
The real refugees are in the camps. They deserve the funding. I find it sickening when I see the migrants in Europe with their IPhones and gadgets better than me, then say they are a refugee. It wrong and an insult to the real refugees of ISIS.

You should probably stop reading the Daily Mail then if you genuinely think that most of these people are richer than you. These tabloids are using a few isolated examples to suit their political aims.

The purpose of the EU was democratic order among the continent. You don't force members to change their policy, there has to be majority support and a vote on the matter with the freedom to abstain if necessary. There has been no vote or process. It is just dictating who should do what. That is not the purpose of the EU my friend. Read up.

How can a situation where one country is forced to take in hundreds of thousands of people desperate for aid because other countries are too selfish to help be counted as "Order"?

Are you insane? Traveling across Europe is not dangerous or expensive

It is if you're escaping a war zone and have no money.
(edited 8 years ago)
For the left wingers it is perfectly ok for Germany to dictate when it supports the motives of the left but wrong for Germany to dictate to Greece like they have. Make your mind up people, do you support Germany or not?
How can a situation where one country is forced to take in hundreds of thousands of people desperate for help because other countries are too selfish to help be counted as "Order"?

Germany isn't forced to, they're already changing their mind about it

Europe is the safest continent in the world, you're just an obvious leftist shill, like everyone working for TSR
Reply 29
Yes. The German led EUSSR is basically the political and economical method of achieving dominance over Europe and pretty much Hitlers aims. Rather than use direct military intervention and cause bloodshed, they've economically crippled other countries who had no hope in hell of living up to their rigorous economic standards, such as Greece, and this has led to carnage and pandemonium on the streets. In Spain, the unemployment rate is extremely high whilst Germans live it up in little suburban heaven. When Ireland voted the wrong way, the EU dictatorship was the first to tell them to vote again, basically telling them they voted incorrectly last time and this time they must select the correct option, the only option.

The EU is the sly way of bringing German dominance over Europe.
Germany isn't forced to, they're already changing their mind about it

Because the entire of the EU is expecting them to carry the burden. If countries shared the load equally, Germany wouldn't have to take in hundreds of thousands of refugees.

Europe is the safest continent in the world, you're just an obvious leftist shill, like everyone working for TSR

I didn't say Europe wasn't safe, I said travelling is extremely expensive if you're escaping war and have no money. And I don't really see what my purple name has to do with this!
Original post by Mr JB
Yes. The German led EUSSR is basically the political and economical method of achieving dominance over Europe and pretty much Hitlers aims. Rather than use direct military intervention and cause bloodshed, they've economically crippled other countries who had no hope in hell of living up to their rigorous economic standards, such as Greece, and this has led to carnage and pandemonium on the streets. In Spain, the unemployment rate is extremely high whilst Germans live it up in little suburban heaven. When Ireland voted the wrong way, the EU dictatorship was the first to tell them to vote again, basically telling them they voted incorrectly last time and this time they must select the correct option, the only option.The EU is the sly way of bringing German dominance over Europe.
...Please tell me you feel a little bit embarrassed writing that? Comparing the EU to the USSR and Nazi Germany? Seriously? From other posts I've seen, you sound like an intelligent person so please don't insult yourself by writing nonsense like this. Even if you disagree with what the EU does, making comparisons to regimes that killed millions of people is just stupid.
(edited 8 years ago)
You should probably stop reading the Daily Mail then if you genuinely think that most of these people are richer than you. These tabloids are using a few isolated examples to suit their political aims.

How can a situation where one country is forced to take in hundreds of thousands of people desperate for aid because other countries are too selfish to help be counted as "Order"?

-I don't read the daily fail so try again. And that is rich. Much like how the Guardian and lefty papers use a picture of a child and woman to represent migrants made up of 99+% men according to all statistics. Don't be hypocritical now.

-Explain how Germany have been forced? Did the rest of us come on TV welcoming people to Germany? Are we the ones transporting them across the border? NO! Germany said they will take 1 million migrants this year alone. Their decision, not ours. So let them take 1 million migrants in the coming months like they said they would and stop making excuses for them.
-I don't read the daily fail so try again. And that is rich. Much like how the Guardian and lefty papers use a picture of a child and woman to represent migrants made up of 99+% men according to all statistics. Don't be hypocritical now.

-Explain how Germany have been forced? Did the rest of us come on TV welcoming people to Germany? Are we the ones transporting them across the border? NO! Germany said they will take 1 million migrants this year alone. Their decision, not ours. So let them take 1 million migrants in the coming months like they said they would and stop making excuses for them.

What The Guardian did is a completely different matter, because nobody is suggesting that all refugees are women and children. And regardless, it's not hypocritical because I didn't mention The Guardian once, I'm not really sure what that has to do with anything.

Because the Germans seem to be the only ones to realise that they've got a moral duty to help people in desperate need. Given that nobody else is helping, they have been forced to deal with this problem themselves because the only alternative isn't acceptable for them.
Original post by Mr JB
Yes. The German led EUSSR is basically the political and economical method of achieving dominance over Europe and pretty much Hitlers aims. Rather than use direct military intervention and cause bloodshed, they've economically crippled other countries who had no hope in hell of living up to their rigorous economic standards, such as Greece, and this has led to carnage and pandemonium on the streets. In Spain, the unemployment rate is extremely high whilst Germans live it up in little suburban heaven. When Ireland voted the wrong way, the EU dictatorship was the first to tell them to vote again, basically telling them they voted incorrectly last time and this time they must select the correct option, the only option.

The EU is the sly way of bringing German dominance over Europe.

Germany got their superstate yet no one can see it. I always said- EU benefits the richest few while the poorest suffer the consequences. Unlucky for us the politicians are mostly rich Etonians who only support to satisfy their connections.
Because the entire of the EU is expecting them to carry the burden. If countries shared the load equally, Germany wouldn't have to take in hundreds of thousands of refugees.

Nobody expects Germany to carry any burden, its up them how many they take. Same as how its up to every nation.

I didn't say Europe wasn't safe, I said travelling is extremely expensive if you're escaping war and have no money. And I don't really see what my purple name has to do with this!

No it isn't, if it was there wouldn't be so many of them, your argument is logically flawed.
Some say Germany never really lost the war because they are the head of a European Dictatorship which is ran from Angela Merkels Desk and it's called The European Union.

The sooner this idiotic European Union project falls apart the better it creates division and removes national sovereignty to unelected suits in Brussels and it's allowing the spread of Terrorism through this ''Migrant Crisis'' agreed some are genuine refugees which should be helped but nobody has a clue how many are ISIS in disguise? Will all this bleeding heart left do good nonsense end once they launch devastating attacks on European Countries?

The sooner this moronic project falls apart the better.
What The Guardian did is a completely different matter, because nobody is suggesting that all refugees are women and children. And regardless, it's not hypocritical because I didn't mention The Guardian once, I'm not really sure what that has to do with anything.

Because the Germans seem to be the only ones to realise that they've got a moral duty to help people in desperate need. Given that nobody else is helping, they have been forced to deal with this problem themselves because the only alternative isn't acceptable for them.

I'd rather give a home to the poor kids and vulnerable living in the camps surrounded by ISIS than selfish men who are not satisfied with a safe country like Greece or Poland or Hungary or Austria or Italy or Spain, no they want to milk the richest countries for everything they have got. The real victims of war deserve help, not economic migrants.
The real refugees are in the camps. They deserve the funding. I find it sickening when I see the migrants in Europe with their IPhones and gadgets better than me, then say they are a refugee. It is wrong and an insult to the real refugees of ISIS.

The ones that can afford to get out are usually better off but that doesn't stop the bombs falling or the constant danger if they chose to stay in Syria. War does not discriminate so if you can afford to get your family out, of course you would.

People like you with no common sense or empathy are the ones that truly sicken me. If you had to pack light to leave your home and everything behind I'm betting you would take your mobile phone too as contact is essential. You don't even have to be particularly rich to own one and a lot of these people had a decent lives before the civil war destroyed them hence why they are refugees.
Original post by littleangel9914
The ones that can afford to get out are usually better off but that doesn't stop the bombs falling or the constant danger if they chose to stay in Syria. War does not discriminate so if you can afford to get your family out, of course you would.

People like you with no common sense or empathy are the ones that truly sicken me. If you had to pack light to leave your home and everything behind I'm betting you would take your mobile phone too as contact is essential. You don't even have to be particularly rich to own one and a lot of these people had a decent lives before the civil war destroyed them hence why they are refugees.

Britain was bombed everyday in WW2, the people didn't pack their bags to get a free home in the USA because we aren't a nation of cowards.

The rules dictate that asylum seekers have to claim asylum in the first safe country they reach, the vast majority of migrants have not done this, so it isn't just a 'few people' that are bending the rules, it's all of them. You cannot just walk onto a different continent with no documents and travel to whatever country you wish to live in. What is happening right now is called illegal immigration and these people have committed several criminal offenses in traveling here. It isn't legal to walk on the highway in Hungary, either. Fortunately, fromtoday on, they will be jailed or deported if they try to cross the fence in Hungary. Some of them have already been caught this morning.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending