The Student Room Group

Are there girls out there who go for nerds/geeks like me?

I dont think I am the kind of guy a women is looking for. All women look for guys who are exciting, sociable and funny. I prefer to stay home on Friday night than be out partying. Also, I'm a virign and never been in a relationship. As a guy who has no experience with women I have nothing but my fantasies. I suppose you could say I'm an adult man who revels in adolescent behavior (a nerd).

Scroll to see replies

You sound like my boyfriend before we started going out haha now he is similar but doesn't spend his time worrying if he'll be forever alone xD
Original post by GodAtum
I dont think I am the kind of guy a women is looking for. All women look for guys who are exciting, sociable and funny. I prefer to stay home on Friday night than be out partying. Also, I'm a virign and never been in a relationship. As a guy who has no experience with women I have nothing but my fantasies. I suppose you could say I'm an adult man who revels in adolescent behavior (a nerd).

there are tons of girls like this. I'm sure you have plenty of qualities that would make you a great partner. One thing I would say is invaluable for men (maybe wrongly so) is confidence. Maybe this is why you're missing out if you don't have the confidence to approach women.
Original post by GodAtum
I dont think I am the kind of guy a women is looking for. All women look for guys who are exciting, sociable and funny. I prefer to stay home on Friday night than be out partying. Also, I'm a virign and never been in a relationship. As a guy who has no experience with women I have nothing but my fantasies. I suppose you could say I'm an adult man who revels in adolescent behavior (a nerd).Are there girls out there who go for nerds/geeks like me?

No all women do not all go for good looking, charming, sociable, sophisticated men. I think.
I do all those things but I also go out occasionally and I do pretty well. So nerdy I became a world champion in multiple video game tournaments.
Original post by ChickenMadness
I do all those things but I also go out occasionally and I do pretty well. So nerdy I became a world champion in multiple video game tournaments.

Bet you make all the girls wet when you mention that.
Original post by TheReader
Bet you make all the girls wet when you mention that.

When I mention my APM they shudder
When I mention my APM they shudder

what's APM :colondollar:
Reply 8
Original post by GodAtum

There may very will be. However you aren't gonna bump into them on a Friday night in your own home.
Original post by picklescamp
what's APM :colondollar:

actions per minute. basically how fast you can click and do commands in games lol.
Not really
Original post by GodAtum

there will be someone out there for you, you just have to wait. and being a virgin isn't the end of the world, everyone is at some point. But I hate boxes, and you just put yourself in a 'nerd' box be strong stay to who you are, someone will like you just he way your are. wish you all the best :smile:
The first thing in life you need to learn:

All women go for the top 20% of men. ALL OF THEM. And since men aren't too fussed about looks of women (as long as they are slim and have passable faces), and women are extremely fussed about a man (ie only want the top 20%), it's very hard for you to compete with so many things going against you.

What defines a man in the top 20%? LOoks. Money. Status.

Work on gaining all three and at that point, you don't even need to go out, just open up a tinder profile and invite girls to your house who'll be all over you.

Don't delude yourself with all that confidence rubbish, a good looking man who's nervous, shy and Unconfident will still get a lot of play as long as he can pick up on basic social cues.

First of all you need to hit the gym and go on a cut. See if that makes a difference to your face, get a good haircut to compliment your face and wear clothes that compliment your body (which you'll acquire through consistent gymming )
actions per minute. basically how fast you can click and do commands in games lol.

ah. see now I know I'm impressed :lol:
Original post by what is thisMkII
The first thing in life you need to learn:

All women go for the top 20% of men. ALL OF THEM. And since men aren't too fussed about looks of women (as long as they are slim and have passable faces), and women are extremely fussed about a man (ie only want the top 20%), it's very hard for you to compete with so many things going against you.

What defines a man in the top 20%? LOoks. Money. Status.

Work on gaining all three and at that point, you don't even need to go out, just open up a tinder profile and invite girls to your house who'll be all over you.

Don't delude yourself with all that confidence rubbish, a good looking man who's nervous, shy and Unconfident will still get a lot of play as long as he can pick up on basic social cues.

First of all you need to hit the gym and go on a cut. See if that makes a difference to your face, get a good haircut to compliment your face and wear clothes that compliment your body (which you'll acquire through consistent gymming )

OP ignore all of this. It's completely wrong. If anything men expect more of women looks wise and for women personality is more important.
Yeah, I'm not much of a party person either and tbh, I like nerds anyways. I think there is other things to concentrate on to see if you guys are compatible.
Reply 16
I think I am respectable. I have a apartment, car and wear a suit to work.

I dont get the work hard/play hard mentality. I work hard/dont play as I'm too tired.
(edited 8 years ago)

Reminds me of back in the day when I was the best at Runescape in my primary school and then in high school.
Original post by picklescamp
OP ignore all of this. It's completely wrong. If anything men expect more of women looks wise and for women personality is more important.

There's countless studies which back up my argument.

Guarantee if you look at the dating and one night history of even the most plain looking nerdy girls who's slim they'll all be good looking studs.
Original post by GodAtum
I think I am respectable. I have a apartment, car and wear a suit to work.

That counts for nothing. Women nowadays don't care about your car (unless it's a very very top range one), most of them can get apartments themselves through work/hand outs, office jobs no longer impress them (they did 50 years ago).

You need either extreme amounts of money, status (say a popular guy in your local area) or looks (have to be in top 20% of good looking men). Sometimes, Although this is rare, you can make up for your average looks through a good height (6'3"+) and a good body.
Original post by SuperHuman98
Reminds me of back in the day when I was the best at Runescape in my primary school and then in high school.

haha ye. If I was born 10 years later I'd probably be an E-sports player in league of legends or dota 2. I was playing the original dota on warcraft 3. But games weren't popular back then.

Quick Reply