The Student Room Group

One Man and His Dog 2015

Poll

Which team do you think will win OMAHD this year?

i love this time of year bc it is when One Man and His Dog sheepdog trials comes back on. It is being hosted by Countryfile on the BBC this year .
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Why on Gods earth is it being hosted by Towniefile?
Original post by DiddyDec

idk, but im just happy it is being shown at all bc it was going to be axed a few years ago :h:
Original post by CoolCavy
is anyone else going to vote on this poll, seriously this is like the most exciting sporting event of the year :s-smilie:

The most exciting sporting event of the year is the Boxing Day Hunt.
The most exciting sporting event of the year is the Boxing Day Hunt.

why are u even on this thead? :colonhash: how can u call torturing and killing animals a sport?
why are u even on this thead? :colonhash: how can u call torturing and killing animals a sport?

Because nobody else cares about anything rural.

It is a blood sport.
Have to root for the home dogs:biggrin:

Some very happy memories as a child in the valleys watching the dogs work.

i know right

I'll probably come with some kind of warning about none of the dogs were harmed:s-smilie: in the filming of this section
Original post by BaconandSauce
i know right

I'll probably come with some kind of warning about none of the dogs were harmed:s-smilie: in the filming of this section

It still amazes me how a programme about "Rural Affairs" can be so anti-farmer.

I recently watched a segment about Rural Crime, was it theft that came up or trespassing? No, it was speeding. The entire segment of the programme was on people speeding in the countryside.

Completely out of touch with the Rural communities that it is supposed to represent.

I recently watched a segment about Rural Crime, was it theft that came up or trespassing? No, it was speeding. The entire segment of the programme was on people speeding in the countryside.

Completely out of touch with the Rural communities that it is supposed to represent.

oh i saw that as well :s-smilie: yeah it was stupid they should have covered issues like rustling and poaching like u say
oh i saw that as well :s-smilie: yeah it was stupid they should have covered issues like rustling and poaching like u say

They could have covered a whole host of crimes that people are actually concerned by. It is just a London-centric view of the countryside filled with the "fluffy" side of rural living. It does not represent true rural communities.

And Chris Packham is a massive ****.

I did watch that and thought it would be about the rise in rustling or
diesel theft from farms

But as you say it's not made for the country folk who the BBC seem to hate but for the city dwellers who don't have a clue

and don't get me started on Chris Packham
Original post by BaconandSauce
I did watch that and thought it would be about the rise in rustling or
diesel theft from farms

But as you say it's not made for the country folk who the BBC seem to hate but for the city dwellers who don't have a clue

and don't get me started on Chris Packham

**** Chris Packham, I have actually met him and heard him speak and he is a ****.
Thought this was something completely different. Title made me think of this. </3

The feels.
OP's enthusiasm is adorable.
CONGRATULATIONS IRELAND ON A HISTORIC 3RD CONSECUTIVE WIN!

and well done to @Black Rose who was the only person to get the poll right!

Scotland's young handler won best young handler
:woo:

I thought it might have been a bad idea when I looked at the poll! :lol:
here was the result:

Winner = Ireland 146/200 :king1:

then:
England 141/200 :king2:

Scotland 136/200 :king3:

Wales 133/200

best young handler = Scotland

catch it here if u have missed it :
i will post a link when it is availible on BBC i player :h:

congratualtions to all involved :biggrin:
Original post by So Instinct
Thought this was something completely different. Title made me think of this. </3

The feels.

That bit at 4:30...

makes me so ****ing angry.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
That bit at 4:30...

makes me so ****ing angry.

Insurance companies being scummy are no surprise to anyone. But I agree it annoyed me to no end too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending