The Student Room Group

Signs your friend fancies you

What are some signs?

Friends think that my friend likes me because of:

pet names calling each other cute things etc? But we do the same I think to all our friends
Going above and beyond for me (but he would do that for any bestie)
Talking all the time etc (but I do that with we do that with a lot of friends)
saying you're beautiful (but again we say this to friends all the time not a big deal)
hanging around all the time/ doing things together (aagain normal in friendships)
inviting me out all the time with his friends (normal friendship)

like he's a wonderful friend, and I think guys and girls can be friends, but them saying we're secretly in love with each other is disturbing me because I honestly don't think we are, but at the same time I would totally date my friend lmao
I think he secretly fancies you too from what I read.
If he's got a stalk on, that's a good indicator.
It seems like you've justified each point but from the outside it looks like he could fancy you or he's just really close.
Checking your Facebook profile 50 times a day.
Reply 5
Original post by callum_law
If he's got a stalk on, that's a good indicator.

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Checking your Facebook profile 50 times a day.

I know he stalks me on facebook because I went on his laptop and I was on his recent searches, but I search my friends all the time too- its not that significant
Reply 6
Original post by SeanFM
It seems like you've justified each point but from the outside it looks like he could fancy you or he's just really close.

yeah I think we're pretty close
Original post by Anonymous
I know he stalks me on facebook because I went on his laptop and I was on his recent searches, but I search my friends all the time too- its not that significant

Yeah, when I said "got a stalk on", I didn't mean he was searching you on FB.
Reply 8
Original post by callum_law
Yeah, when I said "got a stalk on", I didn't mean he was searching you on FB.

lol I don't follow- im guessing that's something sexual
My best friend is a girl and the amount of **** we took from people in our group of friends at uni was ridiculous. Everyday it was he likes you, she likes you, she thinks you're attractive, he's hung up on you, you two are perfect for each other... it got so bloody annoying I mean focus on your own lives! It reached the stage where we wouldn't take pictures together and would avoid each other on nights out cos everyone took the piss. Even her closest friends were convinced there was something going on.

To an outsider yeh it probably does look like i'm in love with her, but we're just incredibly close. There's nothing I wouldn't do for her but when you're that close to someone you just don't see them in that way.

What i'm trying to say is it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
Original post by sr90
My best friend is a girl and the amount of **** we took from people in our group of friends at uni was ridiculous. Everyday it was he likes you, she likes you, she thinks you're attractive, he's hung up on you, you two are perfect for each other... it got so bloody annoying I mean focus on your own lives! It reached the stage where we wouldn't take pictures together and would avoid each other on nights out cos everyone took the piss. Even her closest friends were convinced there was something going on.

To an outsider yeh it probably does look like i'm in love with her, but we're just incredibly close. There's nothing I wouldn't do for her but when you're that close to someone you just don't see them in that way.

What i'm trying to say is it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

That's really sad it affected your relationship that deeply-- that's ridiculous
Yeah its true that it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks
Original post by Anonymous
What are some signs?

Friends think that my friend likes me because of:

pet names calling each other cute things etc? But we do the same I think to all our friends
Going above and beyond for me (but he would do that for any bestie)
Talking all the time etc (but I do that with we do that with a lot of friends)
saying you're beautiful (but again we say this to friends all the time not a big deal)
hanging around all the time/ doing things together (aagain normal in friendships)
inviting me out all the time with his friends (normal friendship)

like he's a wonderful friend, and I think guys and girls can be friends, but them saying we're secretly in love with each other is disturbing me because I honestly don't think we are, but at the same time I would totally date my friend lmao

This sounds like I'm reading my life hahaha

I was friends with a guy who literally did all those things.
Turns out he did fancy me and had done for a few years...
We ended up going out.
But it didn't work out.

Sometimes dating friends doesn't go as planned
My experience is that he was like in love with me and I think I just went out with him because he was there and he adored me. He put more into it than me and that was the downfall.

Hope this helped :smile:
Original post by buzzbeebee
This sounds like I'm reading my life hahaha

I was friends with a guy who literally did all those things.
Turns out he did fancy me and had done for a few years...
We ended up going out.
But it didn't work out.

Sometimes dating friends doesn't go as planned
My experience is that he was like in love with me and I think I just went out with him because he was there and he adored me. He put more into it than me and that was the downfall.

Hope this helped :smile:

aww thanks for your reply really insightful. I definitely think I have a romantic attraction with said friend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending