The Student Room Group

Hi! can i apply for an ABB uni?

Hi everyone I didn't revise for my AS exams much, so ive only got CDD. I am currently revising quite a lot this year already and believe I can achieve higher grades so do you think i can apply for an ABB offer uni? Do you think I would be able to get a conditional offer?
Reply 1
No you won't be able to. The highest your teachers can predict you is BCC. If they predict any higher they'll be getting phone calls, as students don't normally jump two grades each. What you could do is work hard in A2 apply to average unis and then get into an ABB uni through adjustment/clearing. That's your best bet imo.
Original post by eds7
Hi everyone I didn't revise for my AS exams much, so ive only got CDD. I am currently revising quite a lot this year already and believe I can achieve higher grades so do you think i can apply for an ABB offer uni? Do you think I would be able to get a conditional offer?

Well, you can apply but you are very unlikely to get an offer.
Original post by eds7

It might be your best bet to achieve ABB and then apply. Gap yar it.
fam jst take a gap year. save money on ucas applications too. get the ABB then apply in summer. kthxbai
I wish people would stop asking these kinda questions and read older threads instead where the same question has already been answered about 100 times...

but yeah you probably won't be able to. I'll have enough trouble asking my teachers for AAB predictions from ABC when the C was only 5 UMS off a B and the B was only 2 UMS off an A! You can always apply with lower predicted grades but it'll just be wasting one of your 5 choices :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by emiloujess
I wish people would stop asking these kinda questions and read older threads instead where the same question has already been answered about 100 times...

but yeah you probably won't be able to. I'll have enough trouble asking my teachers for AAB predictions from ABC when the C was only 5 UMS off a B and the B was only 2 UMS off an A! You can always apply with lower predicted grades but it'll just be wasting one of your 5 choices :frown:

Lol okay soz boss:rofl2: i couldnt find those threads im quite new to student room so.... Tbf i was only 1 UMS off one of my D grade subject and im getting it remarked, so will probably go up to a C. Which would be CCD. And even if they dont give me an offer there is always adjustment in August when i get better than expected grades so can try that i guess.
Original post by eds7
Lol okay soz boss:rofl2: i couldnt find those threads im quite new to student room so.... Tbf i was only 1 UMS off one of my D grade subject and im getting it remarked, so will probably go up to a C. Which would be CCD. And even if they dont give me an offer there is always adjustment in August when i get better than expected grades so can try that i guess.

Sorry, didn't realise you were new :colondollar: You could probably get a BBC prediction at best, but Adjustment would seem a good option if you get better grades. Are you retaking any exams? What subjects? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by zkrjebril
You have a few options.

Work hard and go through Adjustment to get at least ABB to AAA at A2 (bearing in mind that the realistic workload of this achievement is equivalent to an A*A*A, its just that the people who nail that work for perfect marks and genuinely seem to have earned it before their exams).

Apply to ONE university with ABB as a high option using the 1 high 1 low three normal system. The idea is that three unis that are BBB, BBC or BCC are a good idea and then maybe apply to one with CCC as a low one.

Promise to do retakes to secure the higher grade, remark deadline is three days away so may want to consider that as well. 210/300 is a B, 240/300 is an A. Just a heads up (because a couple people in my school were completely oblivious to being below a grade boundary in 3 of 4 AS'es).

But you do need to appreciate that without three pass grades at AS, a ABB would be optimistic somewhat. Listen, don't let it get you down and accept that you reallly cannot lean on your teacher AT ALL at A2. Have your own yearly plan for home study that allows you 2-3 months of revision after EMPAs. FLAT OUT WORK. Keep it steady but don't let the throttle go, and hopefully you'll see results.

For your retakes, read your notes in relevant topics in A2 from AS to help revise for AS retakes, then just work hard with them in holidays and weekend mornings. =D Take care, man, the only one you should not try to fail is yourself.

This has been SO helpful! Adjustment seems like a good idea. I will do remarks and one retake so hopefully i can get my grades this year.
Thanks
Reply 9
Sorry, didn't realise you were new :colondollar: You could probably get a BBC prediction at best, but Adjustment would seem a good option if you get better grades. Are you retaking any exams? What subjects? :smile:

Thats okay haha. True hopefully i can get my grades for adjustment. I will probably retake the D grade subject which is Economics (probably just one of the module). And just work really hard in all my other A2 subjects which are Philosophy and Government&Politics and of course again Economics.
Original post by eds7
Thats okay haha. True hopefully i can get my grades for adjustment. I will probably retake the D grade subject which is Economics (probably just one of the module). And just work really hard in all my other A2 subjects which are Philosophy and Government&Politics and of course again Economics.

Retake definitely sounds like a good idea :smile: I'm doing Psychology, Sociology and Film Studies though I am envious of you for being able to do Gov&Pol! I'm hoping to do a Politics course at uni :smile:

What subject are you planning on taking at uni?
Reply 11
Retake definitely sounds like a good idea :smile: I'm doing Psychology, Sociology and Film Studies though I am envious of you for being able to do Gov&Pol! I'm hoping to do a Politics course at uni :smile:

What subject are you planning on taking at uni?

Im planning on doing Economics and Gov&Pol joint degree.
Government&Politics is my C grade and enjoying it so much im sure you will love it at uni!!
Original post by eds7
Im planning on doing Economics and Gov&Pol joint degree.
Government&Politics is my C grade and enjoying it so much im sure you will love it at uni!!

I'm hoping for a future career in Politics so I'm sure I will :tongue:

I might be doing Politics and Sociology, International Politics and Intelligence Studies or Politics with Law depending on where I go. I only made the decision to do Politics over the summer and my Sociology teacher was so happy when I told her I might be doing it at uni! (It was my worst grade by far last year up until the exams, then by some miracle turned out to be my best grade?)

Quick Reply

Latest