The Student Room Group

Are there girls out there who go for nerds/geeks like me?

Scroll to see replies

Depends how nerdy you are.
OP, just go to the gym, get some new outfits, get a new hairstyle, sort your grooming out, join a club or sports team, do things that make you happy and you'll be fine.

Good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by drowzee
Depends how nerdy you are.

The nerdier the better? :tongue:
awwh yes
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
The nerdier the better? :tongue:

Oh yeah definitely. He can talk to me about World of Warcraft all day. :biggrin:
Original post by drowzee
Oh yeah definitely. He can talk to me about World of Warcraft all day. :biggrin:

:lol: That sounds... Fun. :tongue:
Reply 26
Yh just have a look around reddit.
Original post by AzimH
Yh just have a look around reddit.

Reddit has girls who like "nerds/geeks"? (the concept is ill-defined anyway)
Reply 28
Original post by LeCapitalist
Reddit has girls who like "nerds/geeks"? (the concept is ill-defined anyway)

Yup! Caution though, they may be severely overweight and wear fedoras.
Original post by AzimH

Figured as much.

As far as I am concerned, if you're good looking, you can be a gamer or a "nerd/geek" (whatever that means) and nobody would care. Just look good, OP.
Reply 30
Original post by LeCapitalist
Figured as much.

As far as I am concerned, if you're good looking, you can be a gamer or a "nerd/geek" (whatever that means) and nobody would care. Just look good, OP.

Haha so true. Just cause you're a "nerd" doesn't mean you can't go to the Gym and work out.
Original post by Cherie Amour
No all women do not all go for good looking, charming, sociable, sophisticated men. I think.

Would you number yourself in the aforementioned group?

And I've always seen charming/sophisticated and sociable as mutually exclusive...
My boyfriend was ridiculously nerdy when we first met (star wars, video games, etc) but that's toned down a lot now.
So answer to your question - yes there are girls who go for nerds/geeks!
Original post by AzimH

:lolwut:

Original post by Ser Alex Toyne

And I've always seen charming/sophisticated and sociable as mutually exclusive...

Hm?
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne

I think that depends on the definition of sociable my friend :smile: I don't think (hope) sociability has to come at the cost of other traits
Original post by Smilin’ Knight
I think that depends on the definition of sociable my friend :smile: I don't think (hope) sociability has to come at the cost of other traits

Just my thoughts. I would view myself as sophisticated, charming and overly odd, but I've never been overly extroverted.
Reply 36
i would say I'm introverted and unable to do small talk.

I go to cons and dress up in my costume. I watch a lot of movies, TV, Youtube and Twitch, for most of the day on the weekends.

I do volunteer every fortnight and occassioanlly attend a social event that interests me.
maybe

Quick Reply

Latest