The Student Room Group

Spliced and diced - perhaps one day, a little shredded!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by monsterzero
**** me lol

Did you really get that burnt ?

Using 45s
using momentum
He's not parallel to the ground

He'll never grow

http://youtu.be/xhuCUZmHylc

Seriously putting Ronnie Coleman in here?

Steroids made him grow - you only have to lift a pencil to grow on steroids.
:rofl:

Oh my days looool

Posted from TSR Mobile
you know Dazzzzzla,

at first I thought you were ok, velocity diet isn't to everyone's taste but if it works for you, good for you

However, you seem to have a chip on your shoulder that prevents you from discussing anything without resorting to what is tantamount to you saying "youtube stars are right, who are you to refute youtube? do you even lift bro?"

However now, I think you're a bit of a ****
Original post by Angry cucumber
:rofl:

Oh my days looool

Posted from TSR Mobile

:wink: all in jest.

Defo take some advice on the form though. Other than that - good work :wink:
Original post by Dazzzzzla
:wink: all in jest.

Defo take some advice on the form though. Other than that - good work :wink:

Strong everything

Strong callouts
Strong insults
Strong back track

Stronk AF

Posted from TSR Mobile
you know Dazzzzzla,

at first I thought you were ok, velocity diet isn't to everyone's taste but if it works for you, good for you

However, you seem to have a chip on your shoulder that prevents you from discussing anything without resorting to what is tantamount to you saying "youtube stars are right, who are you to refute youtube? do you even lift bro?"

However now, I think you're a bit of a ****

Haha I am simply stating my opinion. We all have different views. I don't have a chip on my shoulder. I am just opinionated. I worked in a gym for 4 years, I have knowledge. I am honest - cucumbers form isn't great, he is upright and his arm is moving 10cm. No one has told him that - why? He is hindering his own gains because of this.

Velocity diet is there to help people make a decision if they think it is a good way to go - it is merely an experiment. I have had someone say, "in to see you fail" (joke maybe) "Mcdonalds diet is better" "Are you even doing the V-diet" etc - why would I be like yooooooooo. haha.

Who said youtube stars are right? Go check athlean-x out - he is a sports coach with degrees out of his arse.

You can think I'm a dick all you like Monster, I am not saying anything other than the truth.
Original post by Angry cucumber
Strong everything

Strong callouts
Strong insults
Strong back track

Stronk AF

Posted from TSR Mobile

Always room for improvement :wink:
Haha I am simply stating my opinion. We all have different views. I don't have a chip on my shoulder. I am just opinionated. I worked in a gym for 4 years, I have knowledge. I am honest - cucumbers form isn't great, he is upright and his arm is moving 10cm. No one has told him that - why? He is hindering his own gains because of this.

Velocity diet is there to help people make a decision if they think it is a good way to go - it is merely an experiment. I have had someone say, "in to see you fail" (joke maybe) "Mcdonalds diet is better" "Are you even doing the V-diet" etc - why would I be like yooooooooo. haha.

Who said youtube stars are right? Go check athlean-x out - he is a sports coach with degrees out of his arse.

You can think I'm a dick all you like Monster, I am not saying anything other than the truth.

Always good to shut a **** up :wink:
Always good to shut a **** up :wink:

you clearly know more than us all combined :smile:
you clearly know more than us all combined :smile:

Tell me one thing I have been wrong on? :wink:

Theres **** all monster. Keep posted on the V-diet though :wink: May come in handy one day
Tell me one thing I have been wrong on? :wink:

Theres **** all monster. Keep posted on the V-diet though :wink: May come in handy one day

I can't bro

You're the hive mind all in your own
I can't bro

You're the hive mind all in your own

:colondollar: Keep it real brah

na night xxx
WOW. "Who really gives a **** about T-Bar form?" Do you care about your form for any exercise?

Let me ask one simple question sunshine - if I am benching with a barbell, and I start the rep, and on the eccentric phase of the movement, stop at a bend of 90 degrees (elbow aligned with shoulder). Am I working my muscle to it's full potential? I will help you out - no you are not. So what happens to the fibres that aren't getting fired up and used? They become isolated and stay the same density, whilst the other portions of the chest get more dense. Thus, creating an imbalance - leading to injury, which could, god forbid - lead to a serious accident because the muscles aren't balanced and there is a lack of stability within the core structure. So when you decide to use proper form, BAM, pulled muscles, torn muscles, damaged muscles due to lack of a balance, because of range of motion. So, this is why we give a **** about proper form and using the muscle in a proper range of motion. I.e (Rows), stretching the lats, rhomboids, trapezius out, and using their muscle fibres to pull them back in, tightening them up - getting stronger. You are selling yourself out if you can't be arsed to train properly.

The main point - working the muscles to their full capacity through a long range of motion?

If someone "cheats" with one exercise - they do it with all. You can't have "ass to the grass" squats if you are close to being upright when you're rowing.

From your opening line - it is likely you don't actually understand the body's anatomy and the way a muscle is worked? Thats cool. Just ask.

Or, go on youtube and watch Athlean-X for some science in your training.

http://breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/does-range-of-motion-matter-when-building-strength - this article explains that there a benefits of partial reps - but tells you how you are selling yourself short in the end.

Leave your ego at the door - it isn't about how much you lift, if your lifts are ****.

-walks away, shaking his head at the mere stupidity of the opening line.

But surely with the bench press it can be good for people to stop their elbows roughly around the level of the bench, especially if they have long arms and a small chest.

Intense anterior glenohumeral glide can destabilise the shoulder joint for example.

Posted from TSR Mobile
See kids this is what happens when you do cardio and bodybuild. Acquire all sorts of aids even before taking it up the arse to pay for GH. Shoulda stuck to powerlifting :smile:.
Also cucumber if you needed validation from someone who matters, those rows were fine. Altho why the fk are you uploading them in the first place.
Original post by redbuthotter
Also cucumber if you needed validation from someone who matters, those rows were fine. Altho why the fk are you uploading them in the first place.

I was checking that I wasn't rounding my back,that was the sole and only reason lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Slipandsquirm
But surely with the bench press it can be good for people to stop their elbows roughly around the level of the bench, especially if they have long arms and a small chest.

Intense anterior glenohumeral glide can destabilise the shoulder joint for example.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by redbuthotter

Partial reps have their advantage when said person is rehabilitating . I am merely suggesting that Cucumber has really bad range of motion. As I said - working a muscle 30% of its full range of motion is not going to benefit your "normal" type of joe down the gym. No no no, at no way is it a good idea or acceptable to do a partial compound rep just because said person has "long arms and a small chest" - put less weight on to do a full range of motion repetition.

How are these rows fine? Cucumber is virtually standing, with a movement of 10cm - it is like a partial bicep curl. If you can't be honest and let someone know "Look Cuco, I think you would benefit if you leant forward (enough to feel a small pull on the hammies and allow the core to be fully engaged), kept your spine aligned, allowed full eccentric and concentric ROM and paused at the top for 1-2 seconds) then why are you sugar coating the lift? If he uploaded a poor pull-up or squat - would you still say it was fine? & by poor - I mean half pull ups and a 100 degree squat?

Each to their own. Definitely need to sort out your views on form if you are lifting though.

Just an opinion, brush it under the carpet at your own discretion. :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Form is fine
Row to grow :biggrin:
What is everyone training today? I'm doing legs
Original post by stochasticking
form is fine
row to grow :d
what is everyone training today? I'm doing legs

what planet are you all on thinking this row is in any way "fine"

hahahaa

Quick Reply