The Student Room Group

Change in momentum or velocity negative?

Can we write change in momentum or velocity in negative? I see in most of the places its positive though final value is lesser. Does writing negative sign in change affect anyway? What should I do?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Yes,i m new here n dont know much stuffs.Thank You!
Original post by Drishti Maharjan
Can we write change in momentum or velocity in negative? I see in most of the places its positive though final value is lesser. Does writing negative sign in change affect anyway? What should I do?

Velocity is a vector, which mean it has size and direction. The negative sign would mean it is travelling in the opposite direction. So what is happening is the particle is moving in the opposite direction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by s_ahmed2
Velocity is a vector, which mean it has size and direction. The negative sign would mean it is travelling in the opposite direction. So what is happening is the particle is moving in the opposite direction.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ya, but,writin change in momentum in negative sign doesn't affect the marking right?
Original post by Drishti Maharjan
ya, but,writin change in momentum in negative sign doesn't affect the marking right?

What do you mean? Can you give an example please.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest