The Student Room Group

What can I do with a biological sciences degree?

This is my first post so yh, hello everyone :smile:

So, I'm quite keen on studying Biological studies at university and I was just wondering what I could do after a degree with it. I've seen what the uni sites have to say about what their alumni are doing now but I wanted to have a real account of some and what you thought about your time during uni.

Thank you!
Pretty much anything that uses your transferable skills. Uni grad destinations is your best bet for finding out what people do.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Pretty much anything that uses your transferable skills. Uni grad destinations is your best bet for finding out what people do.

Thanks, hope you don't mind me asking but have you done a biological sciences degree, and if so, how did you find it?
As my sig says I did biochem. If you're interested in the subject you will find the degree interesting. Biological science degrees tend to have lots of options so you can explore your interests. Be prepared to work hard though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
As my sig says I did biochem. If you're interested in the subject you will find the degree interesting. Biological science degrees tend to have lots of options so you can explore your interests. Be prepared to work hard though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes, of course. Thank you.
Reply 6
Reply 7

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi im going to be starting biochem at westminster uni, do u think the job prospects any good for biochem grads. I wont be doing a placement year but want to work in the scientific sector not just any grad scheme. Thanx.
Depends on what kind of career in the science sector you want. If you want to be in research you'll need a masters if not a PhD. Otherwise have a look at what you'd like to do to get an idea of whether you'll need any additional qualifications and what they may be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending