The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
LOL. There's already a thread about this.

Why is it disgusting that it was mistaken for a bomb?

USA doesn't mess around with security. That is common knowledge.

Once they suspect something could be a threat, they act accordingly.

Even if it is something as small as a pencil case or in this case, a handmade clock, they act accordingly.

Are they paranoid? Perhaps

Would they rather be paranoid than have parents mourning the lives of their children? Definitely
Reply 2
Making a clock itself should receive praise not this bs. Sigh America #IStandWithAhmed
Reply 3
Original post by Namandi
LOL. There's already a thread about this.

Why is it disgusting that it was mistaken for a bomb?

USA doesn't mess around with security. That is common knowledge.

Once they suspect something could be a threat, they act accordingly.

Even if it is something as small as a pencil case or in this case, a handmade clock, they act accordingly.

Are they paranoid? Perhaps

Would they rather be paranoid than have parents mourning the lives of their children? Definitely

Interesting.
This is so sad, he's only 14 ffs
Have you seen the look on his face when he's being arrested? So heartbreaking
I remember making one in year 7.
Reply 6
Original post by Dilsz
Making a clock itself should receive praise not this bs. Sigh America #IStandWithAhmed

Coz he's a Muslim. Who knows what his intentions could be. Quick,let's arrest him. This kid deserves a hug
Reply 7
Original post by jedanselemyia
This is so sad, he's only 14 ffs
Have you seen the look on his face when he's being arrested? So heartbreaking

It's sickening
Typical retarded America, they're a joke.
Reply 9
This is stupidity on another level.
Original post by queen-bee
Social media says #IStandWithAhmed after the schoolboy was arrested for bringing homemade clock to school

Apparently the clock was mistaken for a bomb. This is just disgusting.
Islamophobia worsening every day.Arresting a 14-year-old Muslim boy who under any other name would be considered a genius.#IStandWithAhmed

Thank god action was taken considering the threat ISIS pose on the world, well done to the authorities. Safety of locals is paramount and must always be addressed.
It's sickening

Ikr!!
Meanwhile in Texas people allow their kids to play and shoot with guns? Okay
Reply 12
Original post by Gears265
Thank god action was taken considering the threat ISIS pose on the world, well done to the authorities. Safety of locals is paramount and must always be addressed.

Get a life. He's a little boy,he looks so innocent
I'm not going to say whether it was right or wrong.

What I will say is although it can seem as if it was racially motivated, I'd rather this happen and everyone is safe than have them ignore it and a whole classroom of kids get blown to pieces (whether the person is muslim; christian; hindu; sikh; black; white; asian or other).

America is pretty tight on security and maybe he should (like any other kid regardless of race etc) have warned someone, like oh I'm going to make a clock could you check it out. Rather than randomly bringing these things to school. If it will cause this type of reaction they should let their teachers know first - Again regardless of race etc - because I don't want any excitable people on this site jumping down my throat.
Anyone got a picture of the clock?

And how exactly did this happen? Was it for a project or something?
If it was a glock pistol they would've opened the door.
Get a life. He's a little boy,he looks so innocent

ISIS and other terror groups have released footage of them using kids as young as him and even younger to carry out terror attacks.

You do realise Islamic terrorists are sickening right? They use children to carry bombs so it is required that we take action against this both for the safety of the locals and the kids. ISIS want you to think they look innocent, it is how they think.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by jedanselemyia
Ikr!!
Meanwhile in Texas people allow their kids to play and shoot with guns? Okay

This little boy said he enjoys inventing things,he deserves to get a donation to send him to the best college. Little Einstein in the making.

Stupid American nonsense
Original post by Wilfred Little
Anyone got a picture of the clock?

And how exactly did this happen? Was it for a project or something?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ahmed-mohamed-14-year-old-muslim-student-arrested-bringing-homemade-clock-school-1519950

this article has a pic of something similar
guys he did the clock to impress his teacher :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending