The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
P.s. the OP should be thankful that the UK aint a muslim country because look what would happen to her if they found out about her avatar

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/08/islamic-state-stones-five-women-to-death-for-not-wearing-the-veil
Original post by queen-bee
See you're already butthurt over nothing. Calm yourself boy

What other lives do you know are at the hands of police brutality? Is it white lives?

What exactly are you trying to argue? White and black people alike are shot by police in America. I'm pretty tired of the assertion that any time a black person is shot by a white police officer, it's because he was black and for no other reason, which is one reason to oppose the #BlackLivesMatter thing. The other, of course, is that it preaches tribalism on the basis of skin colour, turning it into black vs white as opposed to everyone vs police brutality.

Oh, I'm calm. :tongue: You're the one who started with the guttersnipe abuse.
Original post by gijops
P.s. the OP should be thankful that the UK aint a muslim country because look what would happen to her if they found out about her avatar

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/08/islamic-state-stones-five-women-to-death-for-not-wearing-the-veil

Hhahahaha im an Arab and in some Arab countries our women don't even wear the veil and nobody bats an eye. Please educate yourself and stop relying on false information
The way I see it:

Kid brings odd-looking device to school that is mistaken for an explosive by somebody. Police get called and they follow protocol. Social media then explodes with rage because the kid turned out to be Muslim. "This wouldn't have happened to a white Christian kid!" comments ensue, despite non-Muslim kids being detained and disciplined for questionable reasons in the past.

That 14-year-old dork doesn't even look like your stereotypical terrorist, anyway.
Original post by gijops

You need to shut up. You couldn't even respond to my last point (where I proved you were incorrect). Do you enjoy trying to antagonise people? And that's ISIS - Not an Islamic country. There are plenty of countries that are 'islamic' and have women not sporting a hijab. The only person that ought to wear a veil is you to cover your **** ugly face. :smile:
See you're already butthurt over nothing. Calm yourself boy

What other lives do you know are at the hands of police brutality? Is it white lives?

Yes it is white lives.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/21/police-kill-more-whites-than-blacks-but-minority-d/?page=all
Original post by Hydeman
What exactly are you trying to argue? White and black people alike are shot by police in America. I'm pretty tired of the assertion that any time a black person is shot by a white police officer, it's because he was black and for no other reason, which is one reason to oppose the #BlackLivesMatter thing. The other, of course, is that it preaches tribalism on the basis of skin colour, turning it into black vs white as opposed to everyone vs police brutality.

Oh, I'm calm. :tongue: You're the one who started with the guttersnipe abuse.

You're arguing with someone who can't even comprehend that her preconceived notion on someone's race is prejudice and will keep arguing regardless. Save your time and energy on those who aren't made of brick and don't have agendas.

I trust you know and understand why that is though. 'That' being the article title.
Original post by gijops
yea you proved I was incorrect now go have a glorious **** over it

Spoiler

:smile: Sore kid detected.
Original post by gijops
yea you proved I was incorrect now go have a glorious **** over it

Spoiler

Cringe.
Original post by So Instinct
I trust you know and understand why that is though. 'That' being the article title.

Read the article. It explains more than the sensationalist headline.
shouldn't go around being Muslim then should he?
You're arguing with someone who can't even comprehend that her preconceived notion on someone's race is prejudice and will keep arguing regardless. Save your time and energy on those who aren't made of brick and don't have agendas.

Hurt kid. Then complains he's being stereotyped not that you seem to care about it. You seem to be accepting
Original post by Dandaman1
The way I see it:

Kid brings odd-looking device to school that is mistaken for an explosive by somebody. Police get called and they follow protocol. Social media then explodes with rage because the kid turned out to be Muslim. "This wouldn't have happened to a white Christian kid!" comments ensue, despite non-Muslim kids being detained and disciplined for questionable reasons in the past.

That 14-year-old dork doesn't even look like your stereotypical terrorist, anyway.

I agree that its better to be safe then sorry but you know that these kind of things would never happen to a white christian kid.
Original post by ChickenMadness
shouldn't go around being Muslim then should he?

Muslim+black
Hurt kid. Then complains he's being stereotyped not that you seem to care about it. You seem to be accepting

But the point is, who cares? It's a non-issue and the fact that you put a narrative of perceived prejudice before the fact that there could have been a credible bomb threat shows that you're unwilling to see this situation for what it is; a run of the mill false alarm. Nobody was harmed and nobody's any the worse for it. The state will never be able to press charges for a bomb hoax and afterwards everyone will just go about their business. So what is your problem?
Original post by Mentally
I agree that its better to be safe then sorry but you know that these kind of things would never happen to a white christian kid.

When white Christians start blowing up more places, then they will. Till then, they'll just be the school shooters.
When white Christians start blowing up more places, then they will. Till then, they'll just be the school shooters.

Talks about other people discriminating yet does it himself.
Be the change you want to see in the world
Original post by napkinsquirrel
But the point is, who cares? It's a non-issue and the fact that you put a narrative of perceived prejudice before the fact that there could have been a credible bomb threat shows that you're unwilling to see this situation for what it is; a run of the mill false alarm. Nobody was harmed and nobody's any the worse for it. The state will never be able to press charges for a bomb hoax and afterwards everyone will just go about their business. So what is your problem?

Her problem is the need to be outraged and supplement her agenda mixed with a nice dose of wilful ignorance. Y'know, the normal social justice crusade malarkey.
I'm growing tired of this discussion now. It's clear that people will hold two views - either it was justified or it wasn't. It is unlikely that we'll progress to one answer as neither parties are going to challenge their own preconceptions. There are a few reasonable people here who argued it was justified to an extent - Although I still maintain that the situation should have never escalated to such a height and that this situation was a result of the child's background, I'll admit that this is a very grey area.

I guess it's just a sobering reminder of the world we live in. Terrorism exists and it's going to indirectly affect the innocent.

Latest

Trending

Trending