The Student Room Group

9 month fat loss pics, should i keep cutting?

people are making comments saying that ive lost too much weight. Im not even lean atm (15% or so bf). Should i keep cutting to 10% and therefore become very skinny and THEN bulk, or should i bulk now? current stats: 5'8, 144lbs.

My goal is to become normal: lean face and body, not skinny (and not a bodybuilder either).

Scroll to see replies

Personally I think you look about the right weight in the left hand image. I'd suggest that if you want to bulk up, start now, before you become unhealthily light. I would suggest that being able to see your individual ribs when relaxed is generally not a good sign.
Reply 2
LOOOOL
Mate you need to start lifting... You look pretty awful :|
Reply 4
I don't think you have to lose weight, Just tone up.
I swear i have seen pics of you before, trolls
That face expression tells me you are trolling?

Anyway looking good imo. Keep up the good work :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Fair play to you for posting these pics

Don't listen to 90% of the comments in this thread as they'll just be trolls

This whole nonsense about bulking and cutting is ridiculous. The fact people think you can't gain muscle and lose weight or stay at the same weight

Start lifting, do supersets and do cardio on non-lifting days.
Looooooooooooooool
Erm
Am I missing something? What's with all the piss-taking?

As I said, unless I'm missing something and I'm just feeding a troll here, then well done mate, can clearly see you've lost a lot of fat around your torso. 9 months is slow not gonna lie, but you're there and that's all that counts. If you want to start leaning bulking now then go for it, if you want to get a bit leaner before you start lean bulking then do it. Entirely up to you mate. Wouldn't worry about being temporarily underweight, it won't last for too long once you build some muscle. I was underweight on the BMI scale for several years before I started lifting and I was fine, as are many people.
You look a little bit like the kid off Jumanji.
Reply 12
This has to be a troll post.

But lets assume it isnt for a moment. If you want a proper comparison could you please have the same pose in both photos.
here is a few good tips:

1)get rid of ur side burns
2)open your eyes
3)hit the gym
Original post by WoodyMKC
Am I missing something? What's with all the piss-taking?

As I said, unless I'm missing something and I'm just feeding a troll here, then well done mate, can clearly see you've lost a lot of fat around your torso. 9 months is slow not gonna lie, but you're there and that's all that counts. If you want to start leaning bulking now then go for it, if you want to get a bit leaner before you start lean bulking then do it. Entirely up to you mate. Wouldn't worry about being temporarily underweight, it won't last for too long once you build some muscle. I was underweight on the BMI scale for several years before I started lifting and I was fine, as are many people.

It's TSR.... I always assume posts like this will come with 90% troll comments
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
It's TSR.... I always assume posts like this will come with 90% troll comments

I do hope the person who said "you look better in the first picture" was a troll :rofl:
Please ignore all the above negative comments.

The body is in its best state to grow when below 15% body fat so perhaps cut down a little further and since your goal is to look normal you really don't need to reach a low level of body fat.

After that I'd go on a really gradual bulk and maybe look to gain 3-6 pounds over the course of the following year.

Any more questions then let me know, I'm happy to help.
Reply 17
Original post by gijops
my thoughts exactly... the pictures are identical.

Also note to the OP: clearly your last plan did nothing. I recomend you take winstrol tablets

I had to replace my wardrobe, used to waer size L and now im a size S. And the before pic wasnt me at my fattest.

Saying its identical is offensive.
you just flexed your chubby stomach. I see no difference!
Reply 19
Original post by exObese
I had to replace my wardrobe, used to waer size L and now im a size S. And the before pic wasnt me at my fattest.

Saying its identical is offensive.

U know what, ur right... now go get that modelling job and tell me how it goes

Quick Reply

Latest