The Student Room Group

'Tea' or 'Dinner'

Scroll to see replies

Very easy to distinguish the northerners from the southerners ITT :lol:

Breakfast, lunch, dinner, meal-before-bed (optional). If I'm asked about tea, "I don't drink tea" is my usual response.
Original post by Gears265
You have it right, because we are normal people and not rich elitists who live in mansions

Because everyone who prefers to say dinner rather than tea "live:undefined: in mansions"...
Breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper :smile:
Original post by Cherie Amour
Yea I reversed the image. He's fit.

What are the rules of cricket?

11 players in a team. 2 teams. One teams bats while the other team fields and bowls. 2 batsmen bat opposite each other and they have to protect stumps. When you run the distance of the pitch from one set of stumps to the opposite end, you score a run. If you hit the ball past the boundary you score 4 runs, if it goes past the boundary without bouncing you score runs. If you hit a stump while bowling you get a wicket. Whoever scores the most runs wins.
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
Because everyone who prefers to say dinner rather than tea "live:undefined: in mansions"...

I was insinuating 'tea' was a term for those "rich elitists who live in mansions" or was that not clear?
Tea. :smile: Followed by supper before bed.
Original post by Gears265
I was insinuating 'tea' was a term for those "rich elitists who live in mansions" or was that not clear?

Well that's even stupider.
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
Well that's even stupider.

How? Majority of the people I meet from richer backgrounds refer to tea while EVERYONE else refers to dinner.
Original post by Foo.mp3
08:30 | Breaki
11:00 | 11ses
13:30 | Lunch
16:00 | Tea
18:00 | Dinner

Oh wow,very early start! And tea consists of what?
Original post by Foo.mp3
Whatever you're fixing me that day, sugar tits :wink:

This is Arabian tea:

image.jpg
'Food', 'Food', 'Cuppa', 'Food', 'Cuppa'

That's how I refer to my mealtimes :h:
Original post by queen-bee
This is Arabian tea:

image.jpg

Holy mother of Jesus you must invite me for Arabian Afters one day :eek: Guessing dinner will be small to save room for that lot :lol:
Original post by WoodyMKC
Very easy to distinguish the northerners from the southerners ITT :lol:

Breakfast, lunch, dinner, meal-before-bed (optional). If I'm asked about tea, "I don't drink tea" is my usual response.

Absolutely.
Reply 174
7:00am Breakfast
9:00am Second Breakfast
11:00am Elevenses
1:00pm Luncheon
4:00pm Afternoon Tea
6:00pm Dinner
8:00pm Supper

Hobbit meals
Original post by Foo.mp3
Heh. Apparently you haven't seen how much (little) I eat :innocent:

Common,you eat quite a lot too! Just prepare for a feast is all I'll say :mmm:
Original post by WoodyMKC
Holy mother of Jesus you must invite me for Arabian Afters one day :eek: Guessing dinner will be small to save room for that lot :lol:

Arab hospitality at its finest and the dinners are a whole other story. You wouldn't be able to stand up or walk out of the door once you're done clearing the whole table
Tea, just sounds so British. It reminds me of the days when you would play outside with your friends from down the road and quickly run up to your mum and shout 'Mum, what's for tea?' I just get this image of soggy bread in tea when I think of tea for the evening meal.

Imagine this- pasta for tea- bolognese for tea. I just can't. It gives me those feelings nails on a chalkboard do.

I'm weird.
Original post by elliemayxo
Do you call your dinner your tea, or dinner? to me, tea sounds awfully common and rough. I would never say "I'm going home to have tea" I see it like this; Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 'Tea' in my case, is having a cup of tea? does anyone else agree with me?.

Yas

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3
"Aiiii mami! ... Can I get a spoon with that?" :sexface:

Only if you ask nicely,grizzly bear :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest