The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Saw a debate on Twitter about who would score more goals in the CL this season out of Cristiano and Messi. The former's more of the out-and-out striker, and showed tonight that he'll be tough to catch.
Original post by Mackay
Saw a debate on Twitter about who would score more goals in the CL this season out of Cristiano and Messi. The former's more of the out-and-out striker, and showed tonight that he'll be tough to catch.

I think Ronaldo will rack up more goals in the group stages but it will most likely be the player who's team goes the furthest in the competition. Muller and Lewandowski could be close with a nice group for them to rack up goals.
Griezmann was a cut above tonight.

Sevilla got a couple of questionable penalties, but every little helps. It's a really good start to their campaign.
Original post by Undisclosed 15
Ronaldo is finished at Madrid. They will sell him next Summer. Probably to PSG as few other clubs can afford him. Here is why he has no future at Madrid ... https://www.the-newshub.com/football/then-end-of-ronaldo-at-madrid

8 goals in 2 games.. I've decided I demand an apology.
Just seen Sevilla's third goal. Christ. Two penalties and that.

Still, a goal is a goal no matter which way you get it.
Ronaldo got no chill.

Next game is against Granada and I think he bagged 5 the last time around. Cant wait:biggrin:.
The goalkeepers' gaffe to gift Benzema his opener was topped only by Sevilla's third.
Original post by Manchester United
8 goals in 2 games.. I've decided I demand an apology.

Why? I never said he won't score goals. He still isn't central to Madrid's play and could easily be replaced (although a different striker would score slightly fewer goals). I guess we will see at the end of the season what happens. If he leaves I will be right. If not, I will be wrong.
Original post by Icecream1
I think Ronaldo will rack up more goals in the group stages but it will most likely be the player who's team goes the furthest in the competition. Muller and Lewandowski could be close with a nice group for them to rack up goals.

I've put a few quid on Muller at 20/1
Ronaldo's hat-trick yesterday was the least impressive hat-trick I've ever seen in my life. And the first penalty. LMAO. Only Madrid could get that. I love how Ronaldo appealed for it as well
So because it wasn't a penalty he should have missed?

But if Messi took it then. "What a penalty".

End of the day he's got 8 goals in 2 games. No one cares how the goals went in, he's already top scorer.
Original post by Rk2k14

End of the day he's got 8 goals in 2 games. No one cares how the goals went in, he's already top scorer.

You don't care it was against 2 horrendous teams?, and it doesn't annoy you that people think putting 8 past horrendous teams which shouldn't be playing Madrid, which Ronaldo fortunately got to play back to back, while being gifted free goals from the refs are more valuable than goals in a semi final against Bayern Munich to get to the final, and goals against Atletico Madrid to secure the league, and goals against Athletic Biblao to win the cup?

No all that matters is that at the end of the season Ronaldo racked up 20 goals in row against Granada, Shaktar, Espanyol and Malaga, and people like you get to claim at the end of the day he scored more so he is better?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rk2k14

No one ever says what a penalty when Messi scores a penalty.

If we are using the goals to determine his ability of course we should care how they went in. It's no exaggeration to say that all of us here would score that hat-trick, hence it isn't an achievement at all. Tbh I wish the 3rd was a penalty as well. Would have been fitting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interesting stat: Raul's Liga goals earned Madrid 54 points more than Ronaldo's. That's the differencebetween 6 titles and 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
What a goal for Hulk's second at Valencia tonight. They'll be seriously disappointed surrendering a point after fighting back to draw level from being 2-0 down to two exceptional Hulk strikes.

Zenit don't seem to be fazed by AVB's announcement that he'd be departing. Fair play to them. Valencia need to do better for sure, though. They backed off Hulk for the second, and they didn't learn their lesson when Witsel bagged what turned out to be the winner.
Interesting stat: Raul's Liga goals earned Madrid 54 points more than Ronaldo's. That's the differencebetween 6 titles and 1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or maybe that's the difference between having a team that is worse defensively than the other.

Or even better, the fact that Raul played at Real for 16 seasons and Ronaldo has played for just over 6 seasons so it is close to impossible to win 6 titles in a row against that Barcelona side.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Read Jam's post and then please close your account down.
Any word on Ramos and Bale's injuries? You'd think that Real were desperate to have them both fit in time to prepare for the meeting with Atletico on October 4.
Original post by jarjarmonkey
You don't care it was against 2 horrendous teams?, and it doesn't annoy you that people think putting 8 past horrendous teams which shouldn't be playing Madrid, which Ronaldo fortunately got to play back to back, while being gifted free goals from the refs are more valuable than goals in a semi final against Bayern Munich to get to the final, and goals against Atletico Madrid to secure the league, and goals against Athletic Biblao to win the cup?

No all that matters is that at the end of the season Ronaldo racked up 20 goals in row against Granada, Shaktar, Espanyol and Malaga, and people like you get to claim at the end of the day he scored more so he is better?

Never once said in my comments he was better.

Ronaldo also scored against Bayern Munich (twice) to get them in to the final and also scored in the final.

Also scored the goal that won the CDR against Barca.

You can only score whats in front of you.

Pretty sure Ronaldo doesn't give a **** against who he scores. He's a goal scorer and will continue to do so. Only when he does it, its against 'horrendous teams'. LOL do you want him to play bad against them on purpose?
Original post by Rk2k14
Ronaldo got no chill.

Next game is against Granada and I think he bagged 5 the last time around. Cant wait:biggrin:.

He will get a hatrick against them, probably another couple of penalties/ tap ins. Real have had a relatively comfortable start to the season because of the easy fixture list. They have played two of the promoted teams plus the team they normally pump 4/5 goals past every season and then a 10 man Shaktar team. They could be without Varane, James and Ramos. If Ramos, got injured because of that ridiculous dive in the box, that would be ironic.

Latest