The Student Room Group

Can someone please correct this phrase for me?

I'm talking about programmes I dislike and I'm saying "I can't stand soaps. I hate to involve myself in the characters' problems- I have enough of my own!"

I have: Je ne supporte pas les feuilletons. Je déteste m'impliquer dans les problèmes des personnages- j'en ai assez de mes propres!"

Is this correct?
Original post by BEARichards
I'm talking about programmes I dislike and I'm saying "I can't stand soaps. I hate to involve myself in the characters' problems- I have enough of my own!"

I have: Je ne supporte pas les feuilletons. Je déteste m'impliquer dans les problèmes des personnages- j'en ai assez de mes propres!"

Is this correct?

Looks fine to me, though I think I'd changed "j'en ai assez de mes propres" to "j'en ai assez moi-même" because "I have enough of my own!" is an Anglicism and I can't imagine it translates well that way
Original post by BEARichards

Is this correct?

The bold part doesn't make sense to me. The rest is fine.

You could say "[...] les problemes des personages - j'en ai déja asser" because you're still refering to the "problemes".
Original post by BruceJender
The bold part doesn't make sense to me. The rest is fine.

You could say "[...] les problemes des personages - j'en ai déja asser" because you're still refering to the "problemes".

presume you typoed on assez
Original post by beyknowles2
presume you typoed on assez

Yes, thank you.
Original post by BruceJender
Yes, thank you.

tkt :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending