The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rk2k14
How the **** is a 14yr old able to build and bring a fully functional bomb to school?

Those saying he couldn't even make a clock; acting as if a bomb is something easy to make. Got the equipment from next door right?

****ing idiots.

Well actually a bomb is fairly easy to make, they're just unstable and unreliable.
Original post by Rk2k14
Because they've not had a terrorist group telling them what to do.

Also, the fact that an engineer teacher as well as police failed to realise it wasn't a bomb in the end worries me.

If they failed to realise it wasn't a bomb then why was he released without charge?
Original post by napkinsquirrel
Well actually a bomb is fairly easy to make, they're just unstable and unreliable.

Might be the case but don't see how a kid can have access to the resources required.

Especially in one of the biggest counties combating terrorism.
America is one of - if not the most - Islamophobic countries in the world
Original post by DiddyDec
If they failed to realise it wasn't a bomb then why was he released without charge?

Suspended from school.

In front of the whole school.

This had to happen before it was confirmed it wasn't a bomb.
Because children have never been used to carry out terrorist attacks, right?

What are you trying to prove here? He's been released because it wasn't a bomb. What're you still on about defending their stupidity?
Original post by queen-bee
That's the only argument you seem to have

Yes, oh my goodness 😂😂
What kind of engineering teacher can decide if something is a bomb or clock? If she had the proper qualifications then she would have obviously known. But what made them think it was a bomb. What, everything that beeps is a bomb or everything that beeps on a Muslim kid could be a bomb. If this happened in the UK, the government and police would be so screwed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rk2k14
Might be the case but don't see how a kid can have access to the resources required.

You can get the materials off the internet easily; if he made a digital clock in his room he can sure as hell get the parts necessary for a controlled timed detonator. As for the explosive components, they're not hard to come by on their own either. The bomb in the Columbine High School massacre didn't go off but it could have; they managed to procure the explosives just fine.
Original post by chloearchibald
America is one of - if not the most - Islamophobic countries in the world

It's one of but it's not the most! Try other countries that have less human rights or a less developed constitution and hate Muslims. US has to play these tricks because of the enriched legal system. Other countries just straight go for brutality.
Original post by Ahlam_Abdi
What kind of engineering teacher can decide if something is a bomb or clock? If she had the proper qualifications then she would have obviously known. But what made them think it was a bomb. What, everything that beeps is a bomb or everything that beeps on a Muslim kid could be a bomb. If this happened in the UK, the government and police would be so screwed

Posted from TSR Mobile

But it wasn't the engineering teacher that called the police though was it? As an engineering teacher, are you really going to look in a bag to check if the potential bomb threat is indeed a bomb? Hell no; you're going to do everything you can to stay away from it.
in for the crapstorm
Original post by Rk2k14

People who justify the arrest are saying if it were a bomb his parents or an adult probably told him to carry it. Not that someone is going to go through all of that just to blow up some small school in the middle of nowhere. Also the boy is an American citizen I presume and they probably knew him his whole life so the moment something looks a teensy bit "suspicious" all hell breaks loose. They can't even spare a child :s-smilie: I can assure if it was the case that someone made him carry it, he would've been freaked and his behaviour would have been suspicious instead, and he wouldn't have revealed it like that anyway. 😒
Original post by Sweet n Sour
What are you trying to prove here? He's been released because it wasn't a bomb. What're you still on about defending their stupidity?

Original post by Sweet n Sour
Yes, oh my goodness 😂😂

They could not have taken the risk if it had been a bomb. Sure they went over the top with the level of severity of their actions, but they did the right thing getting the police involved because there was still a chance it could have been.

Would you have been condemning their actions if was a bomb?

Original post by Ahlam_Abdi

Posted from TSR Mobile

The engineering teacher was not the one who flagged it. He actually said that he should not show anyone else because of the implications it may have. He was right. It was actually the English teacher who flagged it after finding it beeping in his bag.
Original post by MaseratiJay
I'm not going to say whether it was right or wrong.

What I will say is although it can seem as if it was racially motivated, I'd rather this happen and everyone is safe than have them ignore it and a whole classroom of kids get blown to pieces (whether the person is muslim; christian; hindu; sikh; black; white; asian or other).

America is pretty tight on security and maybe he should (like any other kid regardless of race etc) have warned someone, like oh I'm going to make a clock could you check it out. Rather than randomly bringing these things to school. If it will cause this type of reaction they should let their teachers know first - Again regardless of race etc - because I don't want any excitable people on this site jumping down my throat.

That's really not the point though, so don't let kids bring toys or stuff to school because it might be mistaken for a weapon?
I just want to hug this little kid,I feel so bad for him
how can people justify this is beyond me

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel nauseous knowing an innocent boy got arrested over a clock, while white people strut around holding guns #IStandWithAhmed
Original post by queen-bee
I feel nauseous knowing an innocent boy got arrested over a clock, while white people strut around holding guns #IStandWithAhmed

You do realise that 19% of African American Households have firearms in the US.
You do realise that 19% of African American Households have firearms in the US.

Let them try and carry it freely in supermarket like white people do,they'd get shot before the gun drops to the floor

Latest

Trending

Trending