The Student Room Group

Am I the only one who thinks...

...relationships are completely and totally pointless?
If you want sex you can do it completely freely. Relationships are just drama and hassle. Most girls always test you and are obnoxious and narcissistic and will not be faithful.
So I ask...why get into a relationship where you have to put up with that stuff, and do stuff for her etc etc just so she can pretend to like you and give you "precious" sex, when you can just have free and unrestricted sex as much or as little as you want?
I'm not saying relationships are wrong and judging people, I am just saying there is no rational reason for it. No-one here will be able to come up with a single one.

Scroll to see replies

They're not always a hassle, and I wouldn't say most girls are like that. I love being in a relationship :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I hear humans tend to have these things called "emotions"
I'm in a relationship because I love every second with my bf. We have never had a serious argument and life is miserable without him :smile:
If most girls you go for always test you and are obnoxious and narcissistic and will not be faithful and make your relationships a hassle, I'd say you must be a pretty bad judge of character.
Reply 5
Original post by lucaf
I hear humans tend to have these things called "emotions"

Are you saying that because I think relationships are pointless I am not a human?

Original post by e aí rapaz
If most girls you go for always test you and are obnoxious and narcissistic and will not be faithful and make your relationships a hassle, I'd say you must be a pretty bad judge of character.

Almost every girl I've met has had an obnoxious attitude towards me. And this doesn't address my point, your just attacking my character.
Reply 6
Original post by alex_cs
If you want sex you can do it completely freely. Relationships are just drama and hassle. Most girls always test you and are obnoxious and narcissistic and will not be faithful.
So I ask...why get into a relationship where you have to put up with that stuff, and do stuff for her etc etc just so she can pretend to like you and give you "precious" sex, when you can just have free and unrestricted sex as much or as little as you want?
I'm not saying relationships are wrong and judging people, I am just saying there is no rational reason for it. No-one here will be able to come up with a single one.

Your entire argument tells me that you don't want to hear an opposing argument, check your last sentence.

People are individuals some are cool, some aren't it's up to you to find someone who can put up with you mate.
Reply 7
Original post by alex_cs
Are you saying that because I think relationships are pointless I am not a human?

No, I am saying that by reducing it to a mere exchange of favours for sex you are completely missing the point. People form emotional connections with each other and enjoy each others company. Your attitudes to women seem incredibly distorted and bitter, which explains why you don't seem to comprehend how somebody could want to spend time with them other than for sex. I am guessing you don't have many female friends?

Although I have to say, even if your shallow view of relationships was true it is still much simpler to get laid with a relationship than outside of one. Going out and pulling multiple times a week sounds like a lot more effort than spending a few evenings chilling with my girlfriend.
Original post by alex_cs

Wow, it's ok for some. I used to think this but now I don't. Can see the point for sure.
Reply 9
Original post by Tom78
Your entire argument tells me that you don't want to hear an opposing argument, check your last sentence.

Well, so far I haven't heard one, mate. I've just heard a bunch of personal attacks on me.Being a relationship is like being in a religion. All the people outside think you're crazy. And you are.At the end of the day people have emotions but they also respond to rational incentives. Which is why relationships and especially marriages are declining.
Because some people want to have relationships? Some people find love and want to be in a relationship?

"Most girls always test you and are obnoxious and narcissistic and will not be faithful" - start looking for different girls and stop trying to put girls in one group
in all honesty i don't see the point in having a boyfriend (or girlfriend). I don't want s** and it seems inevitable that you are going to break up anyway especially if you are going to different unis. They seem to much hassle, just have normal friends (or guinea pigs :h:).
true, you can take your guinea to uni too:u:
Original post by CoolCavy
in all honesty i don't see the point in having a boyfriend (or girlfriend). I don't want s** and it seems inevitable that you are going to break up anyway especially if you are going to different unis. They seem to much hassle, just have normal friends (or guinea pigs :h:).
No you're not: I think too! :fyi:

Spoiler

Original post by alex_cs
why get into a relationship where you have to put up with that stuff, and do stuff for her etc etc just so she can pretend to like you and give you "precious" sex,

Your a beta male begging for sex. A pussy whipped, 90's man, metro feminist male. Thats why you take that perspective. Be more chauvinistic, you be the narcissist for a change, flip the script, you'll find it much better.

None of my relationships have been that disaster that you described btw. I'm too alpha to go out like that!
Original post by alex_cs

Two lines and you've already made 2 terrible assumptions, OP plz.
Reply 16
Being in love. Caring for someone who cares for you. Intimate companionship. Three things that you have never experienced and therefore don't understand.
Reply 17
Original post by TylerClementi
Your a beta male begging for sex. A pussy whipped, 90's man, metro feminist male. Thats why you take that perspective. Be more chauvinistic, you be the narcissist for a change, flip the script, you'll find it much better.None of my relationships have been that disaster that you described btw. I'm too alpha to go out like that!

I think you're on the right lines, but if you are so alpha why bother with relationships at all? You will still be putting up with **** unnecessarily.

Original post by Retired_Messiah
Two lines and you've already made 2 terrible assumptions, OP plz.

They are observations based on data, not assumptions.

Original post by iFinity
Being in love. Caring for someone who cares for you. Intimate companionship. Three things that you have never experienced and therefore don't understand.

Those are not reasons. And you have no idea whether I have experienced them or not.
Reply 18
M8, be a cat person like me. It's a stress free life! Who needs relationships anyway? *cries in the corner*
Original post by alex_cs
They are observations based on data, not assumptions.

What data lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending