The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

i don't think it's unreasonable to be frustrated when you are waiting over 9 months to establish the outcome of a job application, especially if you have turned down or put other opportunities on hold.

and after that diversion - back to the main game! fingers crossed we all get an email from a department by the end of this week, failing that, could give parity a ring to chase up :smile:
Filling out the forms. I find it odd they assumed we'd remember our candidates numbers. Especially seeing as we can no longer login to our previous applications.

Thankfully I still had it saved on my phone.
Original post by Yawn11
Filling out the forms. I find it odd they assumed we'd remember our candidates numbers. Especially seeing as we can no longer login to our previous applications.

Thankfully I still had it saved on my phone.

I never filled that in as I didn't remember it. Everything's gone through ok though!
Hello! I'm also waiting to hear back from Parity. I sent all my documentation for the security checks over 3 weeks ago. They were extremely quick returning my university certificates etc. Somebody on here said we were likely to hear something by the end of this week... let's see if we get anything today! Good luck!
Original post by JHart1865
I never filled that in as I didn't remember it. Everything's gone through ok though!

Ahh good stuff. I've pretty much finished all the docs. Gonna send it off Monday.

Hopefully they don't take too long to get back to me; took about two months after I confirmed my interest for them to send me the pre-appointment forms.
Finally heard today that I'll be in Leeds in the Fraud Investigation Service! Really looking forward to it.

Hope everyone else has heard and are as happy!
Finally heard today that I'll be in Leeds in the Fraud Investigation Service! Really looking forward to it.

Hope everyone else has heard and are as happy!

Oh congrats man!! Well done! I'm glad they got you the location you wanted too :smile:)

Hope everyone else gets some good news rolling in soon.....

(PS. did they email you or randomly call you?)
Original post by robboadam31
Oh congrats man!! Well done! I'm glad they got you the location you wanted too :smile:)

Hope everyone else gets some good news rolling in soon.....

(PS. did they email you or randomly call you?)

It was through email. Just glad it's all sorted and I can sort other things out that were hanging in the air.

Just hope everyone else has finally heard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got my email too, no mention of start date yet but I've accepted the offer.
Excited to start my career in the Civil Service.
Original post by MoveTheChains
I got my email too, no mention of start date yet but I've accepted the offer.
Excited to start my career in the Civil Service.

Congrats! Was that HMRC too?
I didn't receive any e-mails today... i need to write to parity anyway... so i shall see if i can get any more info on my application... :/
Congrats! Was that HMRC too?

It was yeah
And as expected, the department said they'd be in contact by today, and no word at all.

Just more time being wasted, especially when I'm not sure I can take the position.
And as expected, the department said they'd be in contact by today, and no word at all.

Just more time being wasted, especially when I'm not sure I can take the position.

Who is it you're contacting?
Who is it you're contacting?

the Defence Equipment and Support department are supposed to be contacting me. I've chased it up with Resourcing, but they've just forwarded my email to the DE&S and said 'hopefully they'll be in contact with you soon'.

Like, that's barely helpful.
the Defence Equipment and Support department are supposed to be contacting me. I've chased it up with Resourcing, but they've just forwarded my email to the DE&S and said 'hopefully they'll be in contact with you soon'.

Like, that's barely helpful.

That's not great!

Do you not have a name you can contact directly? (Rather than them forwarding)
That's not great!

Do you not have a name you can contact directly? (Rather than them forwarding)

Nah, but I replied saying that I'm concerned I'm wasting time that could be spent looking for other departments/opportunities in London, and the person got back and said she's contacted another department for me (that would be based in London) and will let me know as soon as she's heard back.

Not getting my hopes up one bit, but at least that's a small positive to take away. Not 100% sure why it takes over two weeks to tell someone about a job they might have going though......
Nah, but I replied saying that I'm concerned I'm wasting time that could be spent looking for other departments/opportunities in London, and the person got back and said she's contacted another department for me (that would be based in London) and will let me know as soon as she's heard back.

Not getting my hopes up one bit, but at least that's a small positive to take away. Not 100% sure why it takes over two weeks to tell someone about a job they might have going though......

There's always a reason, I doubt they do these things on purpose. Hopefully you'll hear soon, waiting is terrible.
There's always a reason, I doubt they do these things on purpose. Hopefully you'll hear soon, waiting is terrible.

Yeah, you guys' wait for the HMRC makes me hopeful that things might work out eventually lol.
Yeah, you guys' wait for the HMRC makes me hopeful that things might work out eventually lol.

What we see as slow, they see as thorough! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending