The Student Room Group

How often should you shower/bath?

Scroll to see replies

I shower when I wake up and before I go to bed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SophieSmall
Everything is full of chemicals :tongue: YOU are full of chemicals. That line always makes me giggle because it essentially means nothing.

Though many products contain skin agitators, many also contain ingredients that can help replenish the surface epidermis. Though they do little for the layers below.

There is quite conflicting evidence on the issue, on the one hand washing your skin too often can and does damage it over time. But on the other hand some products can help alleviate that damage. To what extent is less well known.

Yes we are full of chemicals, but when you add a mountain full on every single day it aggravates your skin in the long run. The chemicals in our body are natural they are there for a reason, and although product chemicals could be natural the general mix and frequent use of them is not good.
errday errday thats what errbody say
Original post by HenryKenry
Yes we are full of chemicals, but when you add a mountain full on every single day it aggravates your skin in the long run. The chemicals in our body are natural they are there for a reason, and although product chemicals could be natural the general mix and frequent use of them is not good.

Again that really depends on the product not to mention the person, it's not a blanket statement you can safely say.
Reply 44
the people that say that they shower 2 or 3 times a day probably shower once or twice a week lol
Original post by Vanny17
Everrrrday! (American accent) :smile:

I can't go a day without not taking my shower. Water is free and soap is cheap. Except you are salt that melts when water is mixed with it/ medically exempt, I see no reason as to why one would not take his/her shower :lolwut:

Forget studies about not taking one's shower; it's simply not hygienic. Even animals wash themselves e.g. lions and felines. Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/kidspost/ever-wonder--how-animals-clean-themselves/2011/09/07/gIQAMQTt7K_story.html. If animals can bother to wash themselves, why can't humans? :redface:

Also, this article shows 11 beneficial reasons for taking a shower: http://www.thehealthsite.com/diseases-conditions/top-11-reasons-you-need-to-bathe-everyday-sh214/

i agree about showering everyday, but technically water isn't free (unless you use rainwater...:s-smilie:) and hot water use for long periods is very expensive.
Twice a day in the summer, once a day rest of the year. :smile:

I don't judge people who shower less frequently as long as they don't smell offensive.
well. personally i bath a few times a week. i have to have one at least once a week. Also if i do anything physical like gym then i bath on that day too or the morning after. But i'm not a very active person so twice a week works for me
I'd consider anything less than once a day to be unhygienic.

I shower twice a day without fail.
Twice a day, in the morning and after gym.
Twice a day in the hot weather, once a day in the colder weather
Original post by HenryKenry
You quote nourising, products are full of chemicals they can do more harm than good.

As an aspiring cosmetic chemist I am well aware that beauty products comprise of chemicals and yes, SOME of them are harmful but a handful contain preservatives and natural, organically sourced ingredients free from chemical manipulation. It's not as if I'm using sodium hydroxide (found in perms) on my skin is it? To be honest everything in this day and age is dangerous and a little bit of raw cocoa butter and vitamin e oil on my skin everyday isn't going to do any harm.
Everyday bruv
shower every day that I go out, if I was sat in for a couple of days doing little I might not bother to shower... I only wash my hair if I've worked out (3-5 times a week)... I am a sweaty person though and I think I need it
Original post by silverbolt
for me it depends, i usually shower every other day unless theres a reason for me to shower (sweaty, going out, work etc) though if im not going anywhere and im off work i might not bother with a shower for two days. Im not a big sweater so its not much of an issue.

Ive had exactly one bath in the last 18 months though

w.o.a.h:s-smilie:
Reply 55
I can manage fine with showering only 3 times a week because I usually don't smell much until after 2 or 3 days :tongue:
Reply 56
Original post by drowzee
Twice a day, in the morning and after gym.

Whoa, you must be very motivated to go to the gym everyday, no wonder you look so good :colondollar:
Shower everyday.

At uni I don't have a bath, so I have one occasionally if I'm home
Shower in the morning

Although if I'm doing absolutely nothing that particular day and I don't feel too greasy/smell too bad I skip a shower.

I would shower in the evening before bed but showers tend to wake me up and so I'd struggle to get to sleep - it's happened many times. I guess I could do it after sixth form, but I don't really need to...
I bathe the night before (I hate showers and hate mornings)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending