The Student Room Group

How do Universities feel if i redo my first year?

Essentially, I did OK in my AS.

I got ABCCD. I just feel I could do better if I resat the year. I didn't do so well in my AS because I go to a really bad college which is in the bottom 40 percent for a level results so I'm moving to a private school to redo my year and get at least As and Bs for AS so I can do biomed. How problematic for university admissions will redoing the year be ?
Original post by RandomStudent420
Essentially, I did OK in my AS.

I got ABCCD. I just feel I could do better if I resat the year. I didn't do so well in my AS because I go to a really bad college which is in the bottom 40 percent for a level results so I'm moving to a private school to redo my year and get at least As and Bs for AS so I can do biomed. How problematic for university admissions will redoing the year be ?

Don't worry, I repeated year 12 last year as well. I've also asked several universities if this would be a problem (including Cardiff, Sheffield and QUB) and they said it wouldn't.

That said, I do think that with your grades retaking the year would be a bit of a waste. You could get predicted grades of up to A*AB which is really good. I got ABC the SECOND time I did year 12 and was ecstatic, given that it was only 7UMS overall off AAB, and got EEUU the first time. These were different subjects as well. I'm getting predicted grades of up to A*AB.
Original post by emiloujess
Don't worry, I repeated year 12 last year as well. I've also asked several universities if this would be a problem (including Cardiff, Sheffield and QUB) and they said it wouldn't.

That said, I do think that with your grades retaking the year would be a bit of a waste. You could get predicted grades of up to A*AB which is really good. I got ABC the SECOND time I did year 12 and was ecstatic, given that it was only 7UMS overall off AAB, and got EEUU the first time. These were different subjects as well. I'm getting predicted grades of up to A*AB.

My a was in epq
Reply 3
As above, I really don't think that Resitting is your best option unless you want to completely change your courses
My a was in epq

Ah, ok. I still think predicted grades of ABB are good but if you want to repeat the year it's your decision. I would have loved those grades last year, haha :smile:

Good Luck!
Ah, ok. I still think predicted grades of ABB are good but if you want to repeat the year it's your decision. I would have loved those grades last year, haha :smile:

Good Luck!

I have really low predicted grades :/ I think its BCC or BBB.My problem is that I'm continuing my D and that would require me to do chemistry a level in one year which is becoming ridiculously stressful.
Original post by Aph
As above, I really don't think that Resitting is your best option unless you want to completely change your courses

I only want to resit because I have to do a chemistry A level in one year which is becoming ridiculously stressful.
Reply 7
I only want to resit because I have to do a chemistry A level in one year which is becoming ridiculously stressful.

Why not re-sit AS chem this year and then sit A2 next year part time? Although you will generally find that doing them together will help improve your understanding of AS
Original post by Aph
Why not re-sit AS chem this year and then sit A2 next year part time? Although you will generally find that doing them together will help improve your understanding of AS

My college won't allow me due to funding, thats why I've decided to move. Additionally, my college is really bad( bottom 40 percent for a level results), which is another reason for moving too.

I agree, it would help my understanding.It's just becoming too much to cope with stress-wise.
I have really low predicted grades :/ I think its BCC or BBB.My problem is that I'm continuing my D and that would require me to do chemistry a level in one year which is becoming ridiculously stressful.

BBB isn't low tbh...
BBB isn't low tbh...

I know BBB isn't low. It's just my predicted grades are more likely to be BCC.
Reply 11
My college won't allow me due to funding, thats why I've decided to move. Additionally, my college is really bad( bottom 40 percent for a level results), which is another reason for moving too.

I agree, it would help my understanding.It's just becoming too much to cope with stress-wise.

Well if you move why don't you do that? What I suggested that is. And how it it worse then 4 AS & an EPQ?
Original post by Aph
Well if you move why don't you do that? What I suggested that is. And how it it worse then 4 AS & an EPQ?

Different exam boards are the main problem.
Reply 13
Different exam boards are the main problem.

Have you switched already?
They feel sads. :frown:
Original post by Aph
Have you switched already?

I'm in the process of switching, yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending