The Student Room Group

Predicted grades

Hi guys,
I am predicted A*AB in my A Levels which I am quite happy about. I want to study history and politics at university and I was wondering if I would have a chance at getting into Oxford? I know the university entry requirements are AAA but will they make an exception?
Those are predictions. You can achieve higher.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by KingAuthor
Those are predictions. You can achieve higher.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course that's what I want to do but, in terms of the application process, is there a chance that I would be offered a place?
Original post by maskedobject
Of course that's what I want to do but, in terms of the application process, is there a chance that I would be offered a place?

It'd depend on the rest of your application. If it's clear to the admissions tutors that those predictions are fairly accurate then you'd probably be rejected. AAA is the minimum. For the sake of admission, A*A*B is seen as below AAA.

However, if you do well in all other aspects of your application and it's completely clear that you've been mis-predicted and you are very likely to achieve at least AAA then you may be offered a place.
Reply 4
Original post by colourtheory
It'd depend on the rest of your application. If it's clear to the admissions tutors that those predictions are fairly accurate then you'd probably be rejected. AAA is the minimum. For the sake of admission, A*A*B is seen as below AAA.

However, if you do well in all other aspects of your application and it's completely clear that you've been mis-predicted and you are very likely to achieve at least AAA then you may be offered a place.

Thanks for the advice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending