The Student Room Group

Spliced and diced - perhaps one day, a little shredded!

Scroll to see replies

So anyway I'm taking away from Cucumbers blog so I'll give the confrontational talk a rest :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Squirb
What is this **** storm

Someone give me a tl;dr plz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dazzzzzzzzzla called out my t bar row form, cause I commented on his blog saying he got rekt by Rollerball. He couldn't call out Rollerball, so he did me instead

We are now 100posts later. Dazzzla has called just about everyone and everything out. Cause personal trainer
Original post by Slipandsquirm
So anyway I'm taking away from Cucumbers blog so I'll give the confrontational talk a rest :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Keep going, this is the most entertainment in fitness in yonks
Original post by stochasticking
I thought alternate grip is meant to help in this regard? But chalk it is! Thanks. The stupid gym never have some when I need it! :angry:
A powerlifter in my gym uses the hook grip, along the line I might start.

Yeah it does help - it's probably the strongest grip - but (arguably) in can cause asymmetry in muscle development. Just notice that with your upper arms in the same position (i.e. vertically down), the hand with the pronated grip will be in line with your elbow but the hand with the supinated grip won't be - it'll be further out. I wouldn't worry about it too much though.

You're lucky your gym provides chalk, I've never been to one that does! Luckily chalk blocks and chalk bags are dirt cheap so you should buy your own :smile:
Original post by Angry cucumber
A tight chest and poor rhomboids... are you even serious... that makes me out of shape? Ok. Thanks for the lesson. So so so bitter. You're still rekt

I haven't seen your quads; nor do I want to. I feel slightly uneasy that you're checking me out to the level of saying I have a tight chest and I have tight rhomboids. I know I'm sexy as hell, but from a dude... not sure what I'm feeling :sexface:

Still don't have no answer to why you think I have a bad lumbar spine which you so eloquantly fired shots at.

No - you just look out of shape - just an observation. Put a photo up now of yourself to prove me wrong? Didn't think so, son.

You can have a bad lumbar vertebrae for a million different reasons. My bet would be that someone had their way with you and it was a long time, and their hands were pushing your lower back down too hard? Hence the "Angry cucumber" name? It all goes hand in hand, right? (not the only think in your hand) :wink:
Original post by Squirb
What is this **** storm

Someone give me a tl;dr plz

Posted from TSR Mobile

basically everyone is being an ass because it's an internet argument so we're out of touch with the humanity of our opponents and so we are needlessly rude and insensitive when disagreeing about trivial issues
Dazzzzzzzzzla called out my t bar row form, cause I commented on his blog saying he got rekt by Rollerball. He couldn't call out Rollerball, so he did me instead

We are now 100posts later. Dazzzla has called just about everyone and everything out. Cause personal trainer

I called out rollerball and he is yet to respond? haha.

I called you out on your poor ROM on your Rows - and everyone defended it for some reason haha.

Dick ridersssssss
Original post by Implication
basically everyone is being an ass because it's an internet argument so we're out of touch with the humanity of our opponents and so we are needlessly rude and insensitive when disagreeing about trivial issues

C'mon :frown: I was sensitive!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gloves will do nothing. Buy liquid chalk from myprotein, it costs barely anything and last forever

He's on dat dere celltech just so you know

Yup, took a long long time to get everything sorted, but back functioning to full strength. Still swells up on occassion, but nothing like it used to to

Thanks I'll check it out! No way I thought he was clean! I'm so naive!:sad:
Glad you're back is better.
I have not read the previous couple pages, but I think this is getting out of hand. It's important to critique form to help out or give advice but we shouldn't start slating each other and saying you have a poor back and weak quads or whatever. Instead, we should encourage each other. From the immortal words of zyzz, " we all gonna make it bro".:dumbells::dumbells:
Original post by Dazzzzzla

I called you out on your poor ROM on your Rows - and everyone defended it for some reason haha.

Dick ridersssssss

I would just like to clarify that I defended him because (a) I thought you were just trying to embarrass/upset him for being unpleasant to you on a different threat and (b) I thought what you said was wrong. Also I like cucumber.

Sorry if I was rude.
I have not read the previous couple pages, but I think this is getting out of hand. It's important to critique form to help out or give advice but we shouldn't start slating each other and saying you have a poor back and weak quads or whatever. Instead, we should encourage each other. From the immortal words of zyzz, " we all gonna make it bro".:dumbells::dumbells:

we need more people like you on the internet

and in life actually

You are actually spot on.

So, I apologies to all I have offended - I was merely helping out.

Be safe, be real and lift safe.

Cucumber - it was good, for me :wink:

If ya'll want to "beef" or have a healthy debate. Come to my Blog.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3578443

Peace yo. Be safe x
I would just like to clarify that I defended him because (a) I thought you were just trying to embarrass/upset him for being unpleasant to you on a different threat and (b) I thought what you said was wrong. Also I like cucumber.

Sorry if I was rude.

You weren't rude, dude.

What I said about ROM isn't wrong though mate.

Keep being real yo x
Well that died down with a sizzle

Posted from TSR Mobile
No - you just look out of shape - just an observation. Put a photo up now of yourself to prove me wrong? Didn't think so, son.

You can have a bad lumbar vertebrae for a million different reasons. My bet would be that someone had their way with you and it was a long time, and their hands were pushing your lower back down too hard? Hence the "Angry cucumber" name? It all goes hand in hand, right? (not the only think in your hand) :wink:

I'm not comfortable with you checking me out further. Plus I'm chilling in bed

I run a sub 7 minute mile. I can put out over 19mph on a road bike for more than an hour. My resting HR is less than 60. My lung function is above average.
But I'm a fat ****, indeed

This is the second time you've directing homophobic ad homs at me in the space of 24 hours... have a think about that

Considering you're completely clueless about why I have a history with my lumbar spine, I suggest you stop any line of inquiry along that. Your qualification in back pain, won't even touch the cause of it, I hate to tell you.

Basically this

Dick ridersssssss

No you claimed I was going to snap my **** up and that I was 100% doing it wrong.
I can have my blog back? Awesome. Cardio tomorrow
I'm not comfortable with you checking me out further. Plus I'm chilling in bed

I run a sub 7 minute mile. I can put out over 19mph on a road bike for more than an hour. My resting HR is less than 60. My lung function is above average.
But I'm a fat ****, indeed

This is the second time you've directing homophobic ad homs at me in the space of 24 hours... have a think about that

Considering you're completely clueless about why I have a history with my lumbar spine, I suggest you stop any line of inquiry along that. Your qualification in back pain, won't even touch the cause of it, I hate to tell you.

Basically this

No you claimed I was going to snap my **** up and that I was 100% doing it wrong.

Just for clarity;

I didn't say you were fat.

It is a joke, lighten up :wink:

Well whatever problem it is - I hope it gets better.

I didn't say you would snap anything and you are 100% doing it wrong. I said (along the lines of) "You have terrible ROM and this can cause imbalances"' Which someone replied to me stating "Why does form even matter if it don't land you in snap city" to which I responded "It can cause imbalances - to which can lead to an accident" - this isn't me saying any of what you stated.

Thus,

Maybe you have been interpreting what I am saying in a different way to which I am saying it... food for thought. Maybe you really like me :biggrin:

Good luck with your training (that isn't me being sarcastic either)

-shakes hand virtually-
I leave you guys alone for an hour and this

SMH
That was an entertaining 5 pages
Original post by redbuthotter
The tsr fitness section never fails to disappoint lmao.

I went back to like page 84 and just scrolled through it without really reading any of the posts or watching the videos. Now I'm hungry.

Quick Reply

Latest