The Student Room Group

Thoughts on facial piercings?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TorpidPhil
What about tattoos?

It's like, girls get piercings. Guys get tattoos. The opposite seems... not very attractive :|

Hmm, to have piercings you'll basically be sporting a bit of body jewellery, so I don't think guys should really have that.

In terms of tattoos, both can have it. But for girls, I feel like theirs need to be small whereas the guys can go crazy with the inking needle :lol:
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Hmm, to have piercings you'll basically be sporting a bit of body jewellery, so I don't think guys should really have that.

In terms of tattoos, both can have it. But for girls, I feel like theirs need to be small whereas the guys can go crazy with the inking needle :lol:

Yeah. Agreed!

Congrats on the 8gems of rep btw, when did you get that? Was hella fast!
Yeah. Agreed!

Congrats on the 8gems of rep btw, when did you get that? Was hella fast!

Fast? It took 7 whole months and look at my number of posts! :eek3:

I got it about a week ago :smile:
When I was an emo teen i was like 'ohmaagaawwdd snake bites are so hawwwttt'
But now I'm like :/!!!
I never got any facial piercings though cause I have a big nose and big lips (okay not that big but i was self conscious) so it wouldn't have looked good XD
I don't really like it when people have holes on their face from old piercings.. Even though they're so small and I know its a really picky thing but I always stare at them o.O although thats more my problem than theirs XD
I don't like nose studs but I love septum piercings if the person suits it, especially if they don't have any other facial piercings and choose nice jewellery for it.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Fast? It took 7 whole months and look at my number of posts! :eek3:

I got it about a week ago :smile:

Buh, buh, but, you got it faster than me despite me posting nearly as much as you and starting half a year before you. So jelly :frown:

I got mine like... 3 days ago or something. :five: For 8gem-elitism.
What about flesh rings too me they look horrible I mean a lip or ear or nose can be take. Put and nononecsouldevercknow but a flesh ring is like you are permnently difigring yourself i mean even more then tattoos at least you can get them lazerd off ( exept for red ink)
Reply 27
I like them. I had my lip pierced too (on the left). One thing to consider is that you may end up with a permanent mark. Mine's been out for over a year now and there's still a piercing mark where it used to be. I don't mind it tbh, but just in case that's something that'd put you off.
Reply 28
Original post by k3ro
I like them. I had my lip pierced too (on the left). One thing to consider is that you may end up with a permanent mark. Mine's been out for over a year now and there's still a piercing mark where it used to be. I don't mind it tbh, but just in case that's something that'd put you off.

I actually bit a hole in my lip when I was 7 (accidentally of course) and there's still a kinda lump there and a small mark, I can't see piercings being any worse so I don't think I'll mind too much if I do decide to take them out.
Reply 29
Original post by Dartychu
I actually bit a hole in my lip when I was 7 (accidentally of course) and there's still a kinda lump there and a small mark, I can't see piercings being any worse so I don't think I'll mind too much if I do decide to take them out.

Yeah tbh I don't mind the mark at all and it's not really visible unless close up. Just figured I'd mention it since some people seem to think they'll disappear completely after taken out. I kinda regret taking mine out sometimes haha, but I'm a bit old for it now.
Nose studs are cute. Anything else is not going to look good.

Literally what I was going to post.

Not a fan of lip piercings. Not nice when you're kissing somebody.
The only thing I really dislike is when people have these huge stakes inside their east, like how does it fit haha
Original post by Wilfred Little
Literally what I was going to post.

Not a fan of lip piercings. Not nice when you're kissing somebody.

What do you think about the second bit of my post though :wink:
What do you think about the second bit of my post though :wink:

I don't approve.
Not my cup of tea.
Original post by Wilfred Little
I don't approve.

Haha, fair enough :P
Original post by Dartychu

Hi Ed. Remember me Ed? I found you again Ed. Get in my bed, Ed.

Thoughts on facial piercings: pointless modifications. Soz.
This has to be said: girls with septum piercings you need to stop with that bull**** because you don't look good. You're literally that type of girl on twitter who has "intersectional feminist, socio-liberal anarchist, demisexual power ranger" in her bio, posing like mo****ing cattle. C'mon now.
Reply 38
They look disgusting. I wouldn't enter a relationship with or employ someone with them either. They are not appealing in the slightest and they are the complete opposite of a professional image. I don't really care if its judgemental either as we live in a judgemental world so deal with it. Also, a lot of people with them tend to have issues of some sort or want to spout nonsense about being so cool and edgy and liberated or whatever like that ****nugget spiritualist girl banging on about such crap on the Inbetweeners Movie. We should encourage uniqueness and expression but not stupidity. You can be unique (being the only person to do so) by jumping into a fire but you're also a blithering idiot who clearly is lacking braincells.
Face piercings are almost like bindi, just more painful. It's fine.

Quick Reply

Latest