The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2500
Original post by TheBeardedGuy
Hi, any Physics students out there? Also anyone staying in Whitworth park? Get in touch!!

I'm in whitworth park, what house you in?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Samiashah
You should get in touch with your admissions officer IMMEDIATEY. You should have received your CAS already. Call them if you don't get a reply soon.

I've got it after I phoned them.. thanks
Original post by medicmadness
Yeah I'm living in Woolton hall. Where are you staying?

I'm staying in Hulme Hall. When are you moving?
Original post by Nina77
I'm staying in Hulme Hall. When are you moving?

I'm moving in on the 19th. Really nervous about the course looks tough.
Same here! I thought everyone was going to move in on the 17th. The nerves for the course hasn't kicked in for me yet, I'm kinda nervous about settling in. So excited about placements though.
Original post by medicmadness
I'm moving in on the 19th. Really nervous about the course looks tough.
Anyone here studying PPE? I've barely heard anything about choosing course modules nor have I heard anything about welcome events.
Reply 2506
Anyone doing Foundation Year? I'm doing Science with integrated Foundation Year..
Anyone coming on tomorrow's events ? such as mingle after hours and to watch skyfall?
Does anyone know if the university of manchester has a foundation year in physics or any science / engineering related?
Original post by SanAndreasfault
Does anyone know if the university of manchester has a foundation year in physics or any science / engineering related?

Yes, they offer 'Science with an Integrated Foundation Year' or 'Engineering with an integrated Foundation Year'. They're both taught together though so they're practically the same foundation year, you just do a particular selection of units according to which course you want to progress onto.
Reply 2509
Is it possible to get into Manchester for Economics and Politics with BBB at A-level? Also, I go to a school which is on their contextual data list, and on the website it says I live in a postcode with low progression to higher education.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ducc
Is it possible to get into Manchester for Economics and Politics with BBB at A-level? Also, I go to a school which is on their contextual data list, and on the website it says I live in a postcode with low progression to higher education.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's possible but fairly unlikely, BBB is two whole grades below their entry requirements. You could always send the department an email, then they can give you a more accurate assessment of your chances of receiving an offer.
Reply 2511
I've been having trouble choosing my modules for my course. Can anyone help me work the website, when I search a model it comes up with nearly 60 options (do I pick them all or just the top one) and then asks me to choose my instructor (this step wasn't in the instruction video I watched). Somebody please help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone doing Classics/Ancient History? :smile:
does manchester provide bins in bedrooms? Someone answer asap lol
Can someone please tell me where the postboxes are for Sheavyn house???

Thank youuuuu

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rosebuds7
Anyone doing Classics/Ancient History? :smile:

Yesss! I'm doing Ancient History wooo! What are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2516
Any places to go for non-drinkers

Seeems dry in the Uni if you dont drink....Not impressed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woo! I'm doing Classics!
Reply 2518
Hi everyone! I'm planning on applying for a postgraduate study in a business administration related topic.. what are the chances to get an offer, any idea? have you heard of any quota regarding this?
Reply 2519
Is it compulsory to go to the unismart talk?

Latest

Trending

Trending