The Student Room Group

How to get girls?!

My flatmate recently started seeing 'a friend', they refuse to call it a relationship, but they've been sleeping together for the past two weeks.
This week, its moved from the bedroom into the living room, meaning whenever they are together over here, I can't even walk through the flat to the kitchen for anything incase I walk in on them like a pair of rabbits on heat.

But anyway, this is really depressing me, as girls can seem to click their fingers, and get anyone they want. Even before she got with this girl, both of them have been having regular sex with other people.
Me on the other hand, ive only had sex the once 'for free' in my entire lifetime, and have had to pay for every other time, as no girl will willingly go near me because im overweight. I can no longer afford to pay for sex due to cutbacks in work etc, so while everyone else I know is having regular sex, I am stuck to a life of celibacy!
Even two of the towns most prominant 'fun' girls shall we say who reportedly will sleep with anything were not interested in me.
Now I know to some, this would not bother them, but when I have to listen to my flatmate having sex nightly, this depresses me greatly knowing i'll never get the same, and that im basically a prisoner in my own bedroom.

So just how do I get girls to be interested in me, even for a one night stand if not anything longer?! Is it even possible? Even on nights out, noone is interested no matter how drunk they get. I must be the biggest, most disgusting failiure of a human being alive :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Instead of paying for sex, use that money to go to the gym and lose some weight. Take care of yourself better, stop feeling sorry for yourself and stop being desperate.
Does your wallet feel heavy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I already said, I can't afford to pay for it anymore, so I dont have any money to go to the gym, which is an hour away from me and I dont have time for anyway.
How exactly can you stop being desperate, for something everyone else is having and you aren't?

I used to try for relationships, but if I can't even get any 'fun' theres no chance of anything more.
Reply 4
Stop worrying about sex, its not everything. Instead make some changes, workout and change up your diet. Once you gain some confidence, things will get better :smile:
Make yourself better. Do some cardio and weight lifting (perhaps focus more on cardio first in order to lose weight and you don't need a gym for any of this). Keep a log of your progress and gain satisfaction from it. Follow the NHS diet guild-lines. Make sure you dress well and your hygiene is good. Go out and get some interests and/or hobbies. Learn an instrument. Meet new people. Practice the art of conversation with people and make more of an effort to be social; not just people you think you might like to **** at some point. No girl is going to go for you if all you think of yourself is that you are: "the biggest, most disgusting failure of a human being alive." It will become a self-fulfilling thing if you don't address it sooner or later.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
I cannot go to the gym though!! It is too far away, I do not have the time, nor would I know what to do and would be laughed out!
Noone seems to understand how lonely I am..ive never even had any kind of affection off my own family, yet something as simple as being wanted, wanting human affection, and wanting to get intimate with someone that everyone else has on a daily basis, is something so impossible for me.

Ive given up any hope of a relationship, so meaningless sex will have to be the next best thing, which everyone else can get almost on tap..
Original post by Anonymous
My flatmate recently started seeing 'a friend', they refuse to call it a relationship, but they've been sleeping together for the past two weeks.
This week, its moved from the bedroom into the living room, meaning whenever they are together over here, I can't even walk through the flat to the kitchen for anything incase I walk in on them like a pair of rabbits on heat.

But anyway, this is really depressing me, as girls can seem to click their fingers, and get anyone they want. Even before she got with this girl, both of them have been having regular sex with other people.
Me on the other hand, ive only had sex the once 'for free' in my entire lifetime, and have had to pay for every other time, as no girl will willingly go near me because im overweight. I can no longer afford to pay for sex due to cutbacks in work etc, so while everyone else I know is having regular sex, I am stuck to a life of celibacy!
Even two of the towns most prominant 'fun' girls shall we say who reportedly will sleep with anything were not interested in me.
Now I know to some, this would not bother them, but when I have to listen to my flatmate having sex nightly, this depresses me greatly knowing i'll never get the same, and that im basically a prisoner in my own bedroom.

So just how do I get girls to be interested in me, even for a one night stand if not anything longer?! Is it even possible? Even on nights out, noone is interested no matter how drunk they get. I must be the biggest, most disgusting failiure of a human being alive :frown:

You pay? Hit me up.
Reply 8
Original post by The Good Doctor
Make yourself better. Do some cardio and weight lifting (perhaps focus more on cardio first in order to lose weight and you don't need a gym for any of this). Keep a log of your progress and gain satisfaction from it, Make sure you dress well and your hygiene is good. Go out and get some interests and/or hobbies. Learn an instrument. Meet new people. Practice the art of conversation with people and make more of an effort to be social with people, not just people you think you might like to **** at some point. No girl is going to go for you if all you think of yourself is that you are: "the biggest, most disgusting failure of a human being alive."

Right regarding to the suggestions, thank you of course, but here are the problems:
Weight lifting, can't lift anything too heavy due to breaking my wrist earlier this year, so simply dont have the strength for lifting weights on that arm/wrist. As a direct result of the break too, ive not rode a bike in 6 months now.
Apparently I dress geeky. But I have nothing else, nor can I afford to buy anything new when I dont need anything else.
I have interests and hobbies. Sci fi conventions and photography. Things girls generally think are sad and pathetic, and they also cost money.
I try and meet new people and have converstions. People don't want to know me. At all. Anyone.

Basically the only way I can see of ever getting girls, is to be filthy rich. Either directly, or in directly.
Reply 9
Original post by Sweet n Sour
You pay? Hit me up.

Where in the UK are you? :tongue:
Where in the UK are you? :tongue:

That was fast. I'm behind your door.
How so are you overweight?
Original post by Sweet n Sour
That was fast. I'm behind your door.
How so are you overweight?

Damn thats what that noise behind it is!
How do you mean? As in how much do I weigh? 300lbs (dead on, no joke or exaggeration, was weighed last week). Im 6ft 1, but almost all of it is around my stomach and bum. My legs are quite toned due to constantly on my feet in work 5 days a week, and my arms/face arent very big, just my belly, like a pear.
Right regarding to the suggestions, thank you of course, but here are the problems:
Weight lifting, can't lift anything too heavy due to breaking my wrist earlier this year, so simply dont have the strength for lifting weights on that arm/wrist. As a direct result of the break too, ive not rode a bike in 6 months now.
Apparently I dress geeky. But I have nothing else, nor can I afford to buy anything new when I dont need anything else.
I have interests and hobbies. Sci fi conventions and photography. Things girls generally think are sad and pathetic, and they also cost money.
I try and meet new people and have converstions. People don't want to know me. At all. Anyone.

Basically the only way I can see of ever getting girls, is to be filthy rich. Either directly, or in directly.

Ok, so regarding your wrist: when exactly is it going to return to normal?

You would be surprised what you can do even with an injured wrist. You can change your diet to lose weight. I watched an episode of Horizon that covered physical fitness and health and it had some useful advice. There are minor adjustments you can make to your lifestyle that can help you lose weight. Not just following the NHS diet guidelines. But things like always taking the stairs instead of the lift or escalators. Always trying to stay on the move as much as you can. If you can get anywhere in reasonable time by walking then do it. Even fidgeting while you work like jigging your legs up and down while working (I am prone to this because I can be somewhat hyperactive). Together it can all add hundreds to the number of calories burned daily by your body.

Once your wrist gets better then you can get into proper exercising. Honestly, now that I take care of myself much better in the last year or two, when I began exercising regularly and eating better, I have so much more self esteem. It makes a difference.

No one is going to shun you for going to sci-fi conventions or indulging in photography. As far as I'm aware, photography is kind of an artsy hobby that a lot of girls dig. Try to set aside a small amount of money every so often so that you can get things that could help you in your predicament, like some free-weights or nicer clothes.

Where there is a will, there is a way. It just seems like you just want to wallow in your self pity. But life is hard, for some unfairly more than others. But your way of thinking will accomplish absolutely nothing and make everything worse. Do you honestly think you are going to get a girlfriend if you just keep doing what you're doing (moping around and doing nothing to help yourself)? Then stop looking for reasons not to take the advice given here and find ways to achieve your goals through any reasonable means necessary.
(edited 8 years ago)
You could just eat less also is your flatmate a lesbian?
Damn thats what that noise behind it is!
How do you mean? As in how much do I weigh? 300lbs (dead on, no joke or exaggeration, was weighed last week). Im 6ft 1, but almost all of it is around my stomach and bum. My legs are quite toned due to constantly on my feet in work 5 days a week, and my arms/face arent very big, just my belly, like a pear.

Show me a picture.
you need Project Go man, it'll prob change your life.
Jesus man you guys are savages. If this were a girl posting I'd imagine you'd be alot kinder.

OP you will find many girls who wanna **** you, trust me. Just focus on yourself right now, exude that belief and confidence, and the girls will come. Don't even lool for it right now though, act as though you could take sex or leave it, and try to stay on your work, hobbies, as well as fit and healthy. Even if your gym is far, the eventual gains you'll see will far outweigh the cost of travelling there and initial low energy.
I cannot go to the gym though!! It is too far away, I do not have the time, nor would I know what to do and would be laughed out!

Go for a run? Ride a bike? Walk. Just get active.
Make time for yourself, you seem like the kinda of person who can make time for sex so why not make time for a run.

Why does a broken wrist stop you weight lifting? Or cycling for that matter.
Weights are there to build strength. Build up the strength in your wrist using weights, there is plenty of information online.

I was unhappy with myself so got off my arse and did something about it.
This **** depresses me.
How far overweight are you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending