The Student Room Group

I earn £70,000 a year and no one loves me.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DeadGirlsDance
I never said me, you idiot.

will pay, hm?

is there discount code?
Money cannot buy happiness. Check your personality, demeanor, how you carry yourself etc. Maybe these are the culprits?
Original post by Anonymous
I just feel like money can't buy happiness

Well that's because it cannot. It can buy many, many things but those most important to us such as happiness, good health and peace it cannot buy.
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Well that's because it cannot. It can buy many, many things but those most important to us such as happiness, good health and peace it cannot buy.

Er yes it can. It's pretty well known that up to a certain point (well above average earnings) that financial security to the point you no longer have to worry about it does make people feel happier with life. It really does buy good health in countries like America and if we head towards a more tiered society in this regard it will here as well. There are actually example of children dieing in this country due to certain drugs not being available on the NHS as it is not economically viable. If they had the cash they could buy them.

To be frankly honest all this "you don't need money to be happy" is exactly like how the Church would tell the peasants it is harder for a rich man to go to heaven so you shouldn't be cross that you toil away for nothing and give it all to those at the top. It's a load of *******s and the sentiment serves those who have everything.
Reply 44
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Er yes it can. It's pretty well known that up to a certain point (well above average earnings) that financial security to the point you no longer have to worry about it does make people feel happier with life. It really does buy good health in countries like America and if we head towards a more tiered society in this regard it will here as well. There are actually example of children dieing in this country due to certain drugs not being available on the NHS as it is not economically viable. If they had the cash they could buy them.

To be frankly honest all this "you don't need money to be happy" is exactly like how the Church would tell the peasants it is harder for a rich man to go to heaven so you shouldn't be cross that you toil away for nothing and give it all to those at the top. It's a load of *******s and the sentiment serves those who have everything.

It makes life easier, but that's not the same as being happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
You don't earn 70k a year at all.
It's about 47 by the time you've paid the government off.
Original post by JC.

You've completely missed the point of this post. And what if you're wrong and OP is talking about his net income?
Original post by JC.

Rubbish. They still earn 70k. They may not take home all of it, but they still earn it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's freedom mate, appreciate that. What you're basically saying is you are not happy with one nighters, or flings, or women who only want you when they find out about your ample earnings.
Loads of women are calculated and when poor you can rue that they don't want you cos of the money, but if you are sensitive, or indeed just human, it can and will bother you when better off that they are calculating and would only want you for that. You just haven't found thr giht women. Security and happiness of not being poor is good, but if you are trying to attract them with your money inevitably that's sad and will attract the wrong people.
What do you work as?
Reply 50
Original post by LiquidGold
Rubbish. They still earn 70k. They may not take home all of it, but they still earn it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh dear. You've been indoctrinated into the wage slave mentality.
Reply 51
Original post by zzFishstick
You've completely missed the point of this post. And what if you're wrong and OP is talking about his net income?

Doubt it. I've never met anyone that has quoted their net. Folk quote pretax to make themselves look like big shots.
Reply 52

Give me half of that money and I'll take you out with my mate and I'll show you how to live life to the fullest

it can't buy love either!
it can't buy love either!

That's because you don't have enough.
buy shares
Reply 56

curious as to what you do?
Reply 57
Unpopular opinion: Maybe your first fault is by mentioning how much you make and then saying nobody loves me - people should love you regardless of you much you make a year?
Original post by Life_peer
Earn more.

Stone cold truth LP :laugh:
Reply 59

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending