The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HanaGEM
Would you put in all the modules if you have already completed your degree or just the classification?

Don't think it matters but I put all my modules to be safe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The reason I'm unsure is because even though I got a 1st I've got a couple of 40s for individual modules :s-smilie:
Original post by HCAssistant93
Ye I agree with you completely, my dad just thought I should get another opinion.

I have Manchester 5 year so far (I can live at home)

Yep I'm considering Keele and Either Newcastle or Kings. Just waiting on the ukcat average.

Where are you applying? Can you recommend anywhere else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm applying to Warwick Southampton Liverpool and Swansea.

So Keele Manchester, have you looked at Norwich? I think they take a more rounded view of applications rather than solely focusing on UKCAT. I haven't checked their requirements recently though so I would double check that.
Original post by HanaGEM
The reason I'm unsure is because even though I got a 1st I've got a couple of 40s for individual modules :s-smilie:

I didn't put any of my individual module marks down. I believe at interview stage unis will ask for a copy of your transcript anyway.
Original post by EssBee_92
I didn't put any of my individual module marks down. I believe at interview stage unis will ask for a copy of your transcript anyway.

I think I'll do this, AFAIK they only look at classification when deciding whether to interview anyway.
Thanks for your help guys but I'm hoping to apply for a mix of 3 undergrad and 1 grad uni so do I click on undergrad /postgraduate??? I'm so confused
Original post by AFC_123456789
Thanks for your help guys but I'm hoping to apply for a mix of 3 undergrad and 1 grad uni so do I click on undergrad /postgraduate??? I'm so confused

Undergraduate! "Graduate" medicine is still an undergraduate degree :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EssBee_92
I'm applying to Warwick Southampton Liverpool and Swansea.

So Keele Manchester, have you looked at Norwich? I think they take a more rounded view of applications rather than solely focusing on UKCAT. I haven't checked their requirements recently though so I would double check that.

Ahh so you're GAMSAT and high ukcat. I've never heard of Norwich but I'll take a look!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apart from Bristol, does anyone know other Universities that don't require any entrance exams (UKCAT, BMAT, GAMSAT) (also apart from Birmingham because they only accept graduates at the time of application :unimpressed:)
I was wondering, how do universities find out our predicted grades in our degree if we are in our final year, and do i enter it as a qualification if I haven't finished it?
Original post by xertyl
I was wondering, how do universities find out our predicted grades in our degree if we are in our final year, and do i enter it as a qualification if I haven't finished it?

I imagine your referee would put it in your reference?
Original post by DazzleLight
Apart from Bristol, does anyone know other Universities that don't require any entrance exams (UKCAT, BMAT, GAMSAT) (also apart from Birmingham because they only accept graduates at the time of application :unimpressed:)

The graduate courses that don't require any entrance exams are Bristol, Birmingham and Cambridge.
It won't let me put my degree as pending on the education section ? Any help is appreciated thanks !
Hi, I was wondering if I could get a little advice from anyone that's been watching the UKCAT results this year or has been looking into the uni cut offs.

I did my UKCAT and am pretty disappointed I got 658 (670,770,630,560). I was wondering if this is anywhere near good enough to meet any of the UKCAT uni's cut off.
Thanks
It won't let me put my degree as pending on the education section ? Any help is appreciated thanks !

If you enter your modules, you can set them as pending?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey all, Just finished ukcat and got 710 average. I'm really hoping the cut offs are low for newcastle and kings this year. But placing my bets of warick, kings and then newcastle. I don't have A-level chemistry, have a first BSc and lots of work experience (am a physio and previously worked as HCA). Is there a final place anyone can think of worth applying to? I'm pretty limited without the chemistry I know. Cheers, Richard
Original post by Richardjamesford
Hey all, Just finished ukcat and got 710 average. I'm really hoping the cut offs are low for newcastle and kings this year. But placing my bets of warick, kings and then newcastle. I don't have A-level chemistry, have a first BSc and lots of work experience (am a physio and previously worked as HCA). Is there a final place anyone can think of worth applying to? I'm pretty limited without the chemistry I know. Cheers, Richard

Southampton? Or do they want Chem?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had this problem, try adding your university as a separate test centre, then under that centre add your degree, then enter the finish date and it should allow u to set it as pending
Original post by Clunkles
Southampton? Or do they want Chem?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeahhh they want chemistry too. :frown: Think that may be the only three!
Original post by Richardjamesford

Pretty similar situation to me, I have a first in midwifery, so plenty of experience and no chem, you could check the Bart's website they have a list of degrees that don't need Chem. I was surprised they accepted Midwifery so they may take Physio

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending