The Student Room Group

Websites to use for a level help??

During GCSE's one website I referred to a lot was BBC Bitesize, I was wondering if anybody knew of any good website like that but for A level students. I'm studying the 3 main sciences so if anybody knows of anything please let me know :smile:
Reply 1
http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/
For physics there are some good revision notes on there, and collections of questions by topic. When the exams got near I found videos on youtube really helpful, there were some really good summary videos for the OCR A spec. It was also helpful for me to watch videos on specific topics which I didn't quite understand, as hearing them explained by someone else in a different way can sometimes make it 'click'. Are you doing maths as well or just the three sciences? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Alex621
http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/
For physics there are some good revision notes on there, and collections of questions by topic. When the exams got near I found videos on youtube really helpful, there were some really good summary videos for the OCR A spec. It was also helpful for me to watch videos on specific topics which I didn't quite understand, as hearing them explained by someone else in a different way can sometimes make it 'click'. Are you doing maths as well or just the three sciences? :smile:

Thank you! :smile: I used youtube videos a lot for GCSE's also and they definitely helped. But no I'm not doing maths, I know it helps with Physics but I really couldnt bring myself to take it. I've always been "ok" at maths but I do not enjoy it one bit, I find many parts of physics interesting though so thats why I took it. I feel to help me with Physics that I will need to extra maths help :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by amy1999
Thank you! :smile: I used youtube videos a lot for GCSE's also and they definitely helped. But no I'm not doing maths, I know it helps with Physics but I really couldnt bring myself to take it. I've always been "ok" at maths but I do not enjoy it one bit, I find many parts of physics interesting though so thats why I took it. I feel to help me with Physics that I will need to extra maths help :smile:

Fair enough aha, I think you'll be fine without it, I was just wondering as the mechanics modules in maths have a lot of crossover with physics so it's kind of like half the work for 2 exams lol. I'm the other way round and enjoyed the maths part of physics a lot more than the questions where you just have to memorise essays. :biggrin:

Having an interest in the subject is a huge help anyway so i'm sure you'll do great, good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by Alex621
Fair enough aha, I think you'll be fine without it, I was just wondering as the mechanics modules in maths have a lot of crossover with physics so it's kind of like half the work for 2 exams lol. I'm the other way round and enjoyed the maths part of physics a lot more than the questions where you just have to memorise essays. :biggrin:

Having an interest in the subject is a huge help anyway so i'm sure you'll do great, good luck!

Yeah our teacher did say that the maths would help A LOT. Thank you! :smile:
Take a look at Get Revising. It's ace and free!
Reply 6
Original post by Paulwyn
Take a look at Get Revising. It's ace and free!

I'll have a look at that! Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest