The Student Room Group

Pets in halls

Ok I know that pets are NOT allowed in halls but it dose happen I had a hall mate that had a little hamster and that got me thinking how would you feel if one of your housemates managed to smuggl in something a bit more uh....exotic for arguments sake lates say a small Annconda or something would you. Be cool with it what if it got out
Reply 1
If it was something like a rat, snake or a spider, I'd report them. They will inevitably escape for a day and I don't want to the the first to discover that ****.
Reply 2
Original post by New- Emperor
Ok I know that pets are NOT allowed in halls but it dose happen I had a hall mate that had a little hamster and that got me thinking how would you feel if one of your housemates managed to smuggl in something a bit more uh....exotic for arguments sake lates say a small Annconda or something would you. Be cool with it what if it got out

I found this really funny for some reason :lol:

If you were studying maths an adder might be a more appropriate pet.

Seriously now though, when I lived in halls, back in the dark ages, someone in our building had some exotic pets, can't remember if they were tarantulas or snakes. Either way, I couldn't care less, but some people are a lot less relaxed than I am about those sorts of pets and could end up reporting you to accommodation.
If you're set on the idea but unsure of the consequences, probably best to ask the housemates first. Don't leave yourself in a position to be grassed up by one of them.

1. You don't want to be grassed up and punished for having a pet you're not allowed.
2. They don't want to be that dickhead who has to grass you up.
Original post by Ndella
If it was something like a rat, snake or a spider, I'd report them. They will inevitably escape for a day and I don't want to the the first to discover that ****.

Exactly how I would be. Every single one of those would terrify me and you would be looking around making sure it wasn't there on a wall or in a corner. I wouldn't be as bothered about a lizard though.

On the other hand, if it was a traditional pet then I wouldn't say anything, unless it was an aggressive dog.
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
Exactly how I would be. Every single one of those would terrify me and you would be looking around making sure it wasn't there on a wall or in a corner. I wouldn't be as bothered about a lizard though.

On the other hand, if it was a traditional pet then I wouldn't say anything, unless it was an aggressive dog.

So you would be ok with a Moniter lizerd for exampel? But not a known man eater like a reticulate do Python or Annconda?
How do you feel about crocks? ( if you have a DWA licence you can get one)like a small one I mean not one big enough to.kill but one that can take off your foot without a problem.
If you had a snake or a lizard, I'd be reporting that **** straight away. If they escaped... :eek:
Original post by bumblebee342
If you had a snake or a lizard, I'd be reporting that **** straight away. If they escaped... :eek:

Ibherdcaboutvone guy that lost his snake he had a dinner part he went to the loo afterwards looked down and found his biloved pet happily coiled round the radiator pipe just imagen if a gust had seen it.
One other guy lost his snake one summer winter came and he had all but given up on finding him he assumed that he would die that winter anyway one morning he opened his door and found it. Could upnpnhis doorstep cold and hungry but very much alive so a happy ending there
(edited 7 years ago)
If you're planning on keeping pets the best thing to do is to go on private rented accommodation with a landlord that accepts pets. It's not fair on the animal to have to be gone in 24 hours if caught, if you can't be responsible don't keep pets.

I'm bringing mine with me so I'm staying in a 1 bed apartment with my landlord's blessing.
Ibherdcaboutvone guy that lost his snake he had a dinner part he went to the loo afterwards looked down and found his biloved pet happily coiled round the radiator pipe just imagen if a gust had seen it.

:puke:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending