The Student Room Group

Did she get in?

A former friend had an offer to study Pharmacy at Uclan this year. Uclan's site gives ABB as the A-Level requirements for that course, and I've recently learnt that she got a BCC. We're not on the best of terms so I can't ask her directly, hence why I'm asking here - based on those grades, is she likely to have got in, or will she be considering other options this year?
Original post by Hashim123
A former friend had an offer to study Pharmacy at Uclan this year. Uclan's site gives ABB as the A-Level requirements for that course, and I've recently learnt that she got a BCC. We're not on the best of terms so I can't ask her directly, hence why I'm asking here - based on those grades, is she likely to have got in, or will she be considering other options this year?

She probably would have been let in. If she got the B in chemistry then all the more reason to think she got in at Uclan. Pharmacy schools want to see a B minimum in chemistry and if so, then they're pretty lenient on the individual.

she might have not.. or she might have? call up the uni and ask, LOL.
Gettttt innnnnnnnn :woo:
Sorry, what was your question again?
Reply 4
Original post by James A
She probably would have been let in. If she got the B in chemistry then all the more reason to think she got in at Uclan. Pharmacy schools want to see a B minimum in chemistry and if so, then they're pretty lenient on the individual.

Just checked, she got a C in Chemistry.

Original post by samina_ay
she might have not.. or she might have? call up the uni and ask, LOL.

Anyone ever told you how helpful you are, Samina?
Reply 5
Original post by Mpagtches
Gettttt innnnnnnnn :woo:
Sorry, what was your question again?

You alright there? :colonhash:
Stalk her facebook/linkedin to see if they accepted her?
Just checked, she got a C in Chemistry.

Anyone ever told you how helpful you are, Samina?

I'm very helpful. on a serious note.. she will not have gotten in with those grades - too low, if it was ABC then maybe.
I'm very helpful. on a serious note.. she will not have gotten in with those grades - too low, if it was ABC then maybe.

depends where actually. its possible but on those grades its hard to know
Original post by trustmeimlying1

i agree.
Reply 10
Original post by trustmeimlying1

i agree.

Uclan?

She got a BCC when Uclan's official requirement for the course is ABB.
Uclan?

She got a BCC when Uclan's official requirement for the course is ABB.

Don't think they'd be that lenient. Bare competition uno
Reply 12
Don't think they'd be that lenient. Bare competition uno

Fair enough, thanks. What's the usual procedure when you don't get the grades you want at A2?
Fair enough, thanks. What's the usual procedure when you don't get the grades you want at A2?

if you miss your offer, you can through clearing or resit your a levels, as an external student. or decide not to go to uni at all. or take a gap year and apply again.
Reply 14
if you miss your offer, you can through clearing or resit your a levels, as an external student. or decide not to go to uni at all. or take a gap year and apply again.

Exactly what I wanted to know, thanks for the help.
Reply 15

A friend of mine got in with CCC through clearing so it is entirely possible that your friend got in aswell
Reply 16
Original post by Shadez
A friend of mine got in with CCC through clearing so it is entirely possible that your friend got in aswell

Into UCLAN?
Reply 17
Into UCLAN?

Yes, I did read the thread you know :tongue:
Reply 18
Original post by Shadez
Yes, I did read the thread you know :tongue:

Makes for a change, you'd be surprised how many don't. :wink:

That's interesting, thanks.
Reply 19
Why do you care so much if she got in or not?

It's a former friend after all.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending