The Student Room Group

AS AQA Psychology A Unit 1 Remark?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Mo_Jo.
I need 14 ums for the next grade (A) in psychology unit 1. Felt as though the exam went alot better. Whats the chances of it going up???

Has anyone got their remark back and if so how much did it go up by

14 UMS is a lot of marks, and I personally think it's unlikely it would go up that much. You can easily make up for it in A2 if you work extra hard. It's up to you, though, but if you're not close to a grade boundary then generally it isn't worth it as you always have a chance of going down.

My Unit 1 Psychology remark went up 9 UMS, and my English Lang paper went up 8 UMS (also AQA), if that helps at all. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Dhanihk
Hey Matt,

Hm, well it's always a possibility that something could've gone wrong. But I really wouldn't jump to immediate conclusions.

I, too, worked very hard for this subject and came out thinking the Unit 1 paper was the easiest exam ever. But most of the marking seemed to be accurate when I got my paper back, so I might have just done badly for whatever reason. I did, however, get my remark back today which went up 9 UMS (so I now have a B at AS c: ) which is probably due to initial poor marking on my essay question more than anything else.

When do you have to give remark forms in by? - because at my school the deadline was yesterday. If you still can get a remark then I'd go for it if you have money to spare, as you don't think it's accurate and are quite sure that something went wrong. Hopefully it goes up! :smile:

Congrats with the remark, i've sent mine off so wish me luck..!
Reply 22
Original post by MW-19--

Thanks! Good luck to you, too! :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by MW-19--

Hey, did you ever get your remark back? Apparently AQA have so many complaints and remark submissions this year... even AQA examiners don't know what's going on :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending