The Student Room Group

Health and social care Unit HSC01 - AS Level

(Health and social care - Effective care & communication)

Hi, I'm quite new to the forums but I need your help.
I can't find any resources relating to this subject. Is this because it's partly coursework?
If you know any helpful resources, please let me know.

The main question is, what kind of client/client groups did you go for?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi, I did this coursework last year and got an A in it.

I think the lack of resources is mainly due to the fact that its a new course. Its only been running for like 3 years or so - most other a levels have been running since before I was born lol.

I did mine on people with learning disabilities, specifically a residential care.home for people with profound needs.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Original post by ChuckHades
Hi, I did this coursework last year and got an A in it.

I think the lack of resources is mainly due to the fact that its a new course. Its only been running for like 3 years or so - most other a levels have been running since before I was born lol.

I did mine on people with learning disabilities, specifically a residential care.home for people with profound needs.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Awesome, I never realized it was a new course.
Do you have any tips towards getting a good grade in the coursework.
When you researched into that client group, did you actually interview people with learning disabilities or did you watch a documentary about it?

I was thinking about doing something relating to mental health but I'm not sure, i need ideas..
Original post by proveniences
Awesome, I never realized it was a new course.
Do you have any tips towards getting a good grade in the coursework.
When you researched into that client group, did you actually interview people with learning disabilities or did you watch a documentary about it?

I was thinking about doing something relating to mental health but I'm not sure, i need ideas..

I think the biggest tip I can give for getting a good mark is to apply everything to your actual client/service. Anything generic and unrelated is probably not gonna get any marks. They're quite harsh with it. So even if there's a section where you're struggling to think of anything relevant to your setting, just try and think creatively and come up with something. One or two good, relevant ideas, is better than 10 irrelevant ones.

A technical tip as well, make sure that you do a specific setting. I started mine last year just talking about a residential care home for people with learning disabilities. Turns out that I needed to talk about a specific care home. So I had to go back through everything I'd written so far and talk about the specific one I'd researched rather than just a generic one. So if you wanted to do mental health, make sure to talk about a specific mental health hospital or service, rather than just a generic one.

I didn't interview people with learning disabilities, but there'd definitely be no harm in adding something like that to yours! I did email the specific care home to gain more information on certain sections, and original research like that is probably going to get you a better mark than just making generalisations. Interviewing people at the mental health service you'll do your coursework on sounds like a great idea.

Hope this helps!
Hi, that's really good advice i'd definitely take it on board. So I have offically chose to go with Mental unit/ward but im not sure what type of patients go there. e.g trauma patients go into A+E. i have to avoid patients that are sections though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending