The Student Room Group

How long do threads take to be 'reviewed'?

I posted a thread (I may have accidentally posted it twice) a couple of hours ago (or so) and both times they were immediately placed 'under review' - I assume this is due to a key word in the post being red flagged (although I don't know what said word or phrase is).

On average, assuming a thread is approved after being reviewed, how long does it take to show up? How long does it take to be approved?
More than two hours, clearly.
Original post by alexeiR
I posted a thread (I may have accidentally posted it twice) a couple of hours ago (or so) and both times they were immediately placed 'under review' - I assume this is due to a key word in the post being red flagged (although I don't know what said word or phrase is).

On average, assuming a thread is approved after being reviewed, how long does it take to show up? How long does it take to be approved?

It's very hard to say and really depends on when the community team are online to review threads/posts in the queue - but typically you're looking at this being during office hours for the most part, and at least a few hours. A day or so doesn't appear to be an unusual timescale at present.
Reply 3
Original post by Illusionary
It's very hard to say and really depends on when the community team are online to review threads/posts in the queue - but typically you're looking at this being during office hours for the most part, and at least a few hours. A day or so doesn't appear to be an unusual timescale at present.

Thanks. Any idea what could have triggered the review? The post was about Low Latent Inhibition (which I believe I may have).

Might have been the mention of autism, actually. With the way it's thrown around on here, it would surprise me if it's on the flag list.

But if it's on the flag list, how do so many threads which use autism as an insult get through the filter? It must have been something else then.
Original post by alexeiR
Thanks. Any idea what could have triggered the review? The post was about Low Latent Inhibition (which I believe I may have).

Might have been the mention of autism, actually. With the way it's thrown around on here, it would surprise me if it's on the flag list.

But if it's on the flag list, how do so many threads which use autism as an insult get through the filter? It must have been something else then.

I can't say for certain, but there are a few things that are typical triggers for review, most commonly applying for new users. All new threads in certain sensitive forums require approval, as well as anonymous posts and posts including links in certain situations.
Reply 5
Original post by Illusionary
I can't say for certain, but there are a few things that are typical triggers for review, most commonly applying for new users. All new threads in certain sensitive forums require approval, as well as anonymous posts and posts including links in certain situations.

Ah - it was my first post, and it did include a couple of links (one was to Wikipedia).
Original post by alexeiR

At most within 24 hours, but usually much less than that :smile:
Original post by TahP
Vague questions might take longer, but overall it takes within a day for a thread to be approved. Hope that helps! :smile:

Thanks for informing us 5 years later

Latest

Trending

Trending