The Student Room Group

What Is Black?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leroythelost
Well I am of Nigerian heritage and believe people have this one drop mentally with especially blacks cus they don't care enough to think deeply about one's ethnic background. This is really due to America and how the mixed are considered black like obama, so the common "lighty" in america with golden skin smooth, wavey hair and green eyes is still considered black when they are actually very mixed with white. This doesn't mean I don't think "full" blacks have variation in skin colour or slightly in eye colour but when someone has long flowing natural hair and someone causes them black thats just bs. NO full african has that hair texture that is NOT an African phenotype. Having blue eyes also doesnt naturally occur in full blacks, thats bs too.

Anyway, I would refer too East Africans by whatever country their from but not really black cus they are heavily mixed with arabs which is why they look the way they do. However if they really wanna be called black I guess I will call them that especially if they have a lot of black phenotypes but I still wouldnt agree with it.

SOMALIS ARE NOT MIXED WITH ARAB.

(some outsider tribes may have significant blood from Arabs particularly Yemenis ) but NO.

Somalis are the most homogeneous people.

Somalis are black, they are not negroid however.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sweet n Sour
I looked him up and can't find his parents; show me his parents.
But as I said, if he's white and claiming black, it's racial dysphoria and irrelevant. Thanks.

His family confirmed his being white
Original post by leroythelost
Well I am of Nigerian heritage and believe people have this one drop mentally with especially blacks cus they don't care enough to think deeply about one's ethnic background. This is really due to America and how the mixed are considered black like obama, so the common "lighty" in america with golden skin smooth, wavey hair and green eyes is still considered black when they are actually very mixed with white. This doesn't mean I don't think "full" blacks have variation in skin colour or slightly in eye colour but when someone has long flowing natural hair and someone calls them black thats just bs. NO full african has that hair texture that is NOT an African phenotype. Having blue eyes also doesnt naturally occur in full blacks, thats bs too.

Anyway, I would refer too East Africans by whatever country their from but not really black cus they are heavily mixed with arabs which is why they look the way they do. However if they really wanna be called black I guess I will call them that especially if they have a lot of black phenotypes but I still wouldnt agree with it.

Thoughts?
Posting again because she's refusing to answer and admit she's wrong.
race2rās/nounnoun: race; plural noun: races

each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics."people of all races, colors, and creeds"synonyms:ethnic group, racial type, origin, ethnic origin, color"students of many different races"

a group of people sharing the same culture, history, language, etc.; an ethnic group.

Using your own definition:

Japanese and Iraqis don't have the same culture.
Japanese and Iraqis don't have the same history.
Japanese and Iraqis don't have the same language.

That's 0/3. Well done.

Now ignore this post because you don't have an answer :rofl:
Yes to being Caucasian and not being white. Caucasoid does not equal white and this is why whites do not want to be seen as Caucasian.

Nice generalise fam. I don't mind being called caucasian. In fact it makes things harder for SJWs so all the better. I love arabs, I almost had a child with one
Original post by Saint-Saens
Look pretty negroid to me fam

good for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 106
if you had shorten the post, you would have got more comments
Original post by missfats
technically Somali people are Caucasian in terms of scientific and genomic classification.

white (social construct) does not = Caucasian (race)

Somali people are black (social construct)

Somalis cannot be classified as negroid race due to them not meeting the negroid classification status whereas they fit more into the Caucasian classification.

Also Somalis are NOT related to Arabs, the closest people to Arabs Somalis have any affiliation with is the Berbers in North Africa.

so much ignorance here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Somali is mixed between caucasian (arab) and negroid ancestry apparently.

What is with your hatred of 'negroids'

Any source on that because I've seen several referencing the fact that they're closely genetically related with arabs as well as more southern south african neighbours.

(some outsider tribes may have significant blood from Arabs particularly Yemenis ) but NO.

Posted from TSR Mobile

"HLA antigens of the Somali population are not categorised as well as those of other international ethnic groups. We analysed the HLA antigens of 76 unrelated Somalis who lived in the west of England. HLA -A, -B, -C and DRB1 typing was performed by polymerase chain reaction using sequence-specific oligonucleotide probes (PCR-SSOP) at a low-intermediate resolution level. Phenotype frequency, gene frequency and haplotype frequency were used to study the relationship between Somalis and other relevant populations. The antigens with highest frequencies were HLA -A1, A2, and A30; B7, B51 and B39; Cw7, Cw16, Cw17, Cw15 and Cw18; DR 13, DR17, DR8 and DR1. HLA haplotypes with high significance and characteristics of the Somali population are B7-Cw7, B39-Cw12, B51-Cw16, B57-Cw18. The result of HLA class I and class II antigen frequencies show that the Somali population appear more similar to Arab or Caucasoid than to African populations. The results are consistent with hypothesis, supported by cultural and historical evidence, of common origin of the Somali population."How can you be black and not negroid? Thats like saying a group is "white" but not Caucasian
(edited 8 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please do not turn this into a screaming match, calm down.
Secondly, you just contradicted yourself when you mentioned that tribes have Arab blood. They are also of the "haplogroup M" which has "origins in and outside of Africa, from Asia." This can imply that they have some form of Asian or Arab blood. Now the bloodtype is the "E-V68 haplogroup" which is blood shared between Afroasiatic groups and Western Asia and Europe. Hence North Africans being seen as Europid or Aethiopid. I get it's frustrating but calm down because clearly there is a difference in common traits between some East Africans and Sub saharan Africans for a reason.
Original post by glo420
if you had shorten the post, you would have got more comments

The ever-flowing reps are enough, and I am thoroughly enjoying the conversation I am having now :h:
Original post by Docjones1
Somali is mixed between caucasian (arab) and negroid ancestry apparently.

no.

Somalis are not Arab.

Again, Somalis have 90+ e1b1, which is most common in Somalia (and Morocco 80+%) and originated in N.East Africa

Somalis are not a mix of Arab /negroid.

stop lying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posting again after op is refusing to admit she's wrong.
race2rās/nounnoun: race; plural noun: races

each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics."people of all races, colors, and creeds"synonyms:ethnic group, racial type, origin, ethnic origin, color"students of many different races"

a group of people sharing the same culture, history, language, etc.; an ethnic group.

Using your own definition:

Japanese and Iraqis don't have the same culture.
Japanese and Iraqis don't have the same history.
Japanese and Iraqis don't have the same language.

That's 0/3. Well done.

Now ignore this post because you don't have an answer :rofl:
Original post by Saint-Saens
What is with your hatred of 'negroids'

You need reading glasses.

geneticists must hate Negroids, if they classified Somalis as not negroid.

I can't change the facts.

sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 116
If there are any black chicks who need some appreciation get in contact. :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

You obviously detest the idea of being a negroid
You are half educated, friend. Mariah Carey was seen as black once she accepted herself to be. Tommy Motola who produced her earlier 90s records (which made her a star) dropped her for trying to pass as Jewish white I believe. She then had a horrible breakdown. Then when Jermaine Dupri picked her up she embraced R&B and then she married a black man. Then you have other people who deny it completely or try to create fancy politically correct ethnic terms to circumvent their denial of having a nonwhite parent.

And are you black because I know very well fully black people do not accept light skinned people as black at all. Hence why I started the thread as I was waved off (as I said in the post) for input in a discussion about black women being single mothers. You get some sympathisers who want everyone to stand together, and you get others who are afrocentrist or something who say because someone is light skinned they can't say the n-word, is a big one. I get into arguments about it aaaall the time.

What are you? Half white half black?

Also are there issues between dark skin black girls and light skinned black girls?

sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

What kind of somali are you? The fair soft haired kind, the medium toned curly haired kind, or the Negroid looking kind?
You strike me as the negroid looking kind that uses internet anonymity to purport as a fairer and holier Somali, hence your outrage that Somalis are dark skinned and confused for Negroid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending