The Student Room Group

What Is Black?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by missfats
no.

Somalis are not Arab.

Again, Somalis have 90+ e1b1, which is most common in Somalia (and Morocco 80+%) and originated in N.East Africa

Somalis are not a mix of Arab /negroid.

stop lying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Somalis are part black African and arab its fact...Hmm lets see you have most subsaharan africans looking not exactly the same but similiar in facial features,hair texture etc and then when we get east africans which just happen to be very close to arabs in north africa and the middle east, its like all of a sudden the people there have facial features and hair textures that look like would be a mix of the two. Its a hard one to work out isnt it?
Original post by slade p
What are you? Half white half black?

Also are there issues between dark skin black girls and light skinned black girls?

Lol at your last sentence. Yes, please leave the house. My race is irrelevant, you can see what gives me reason to be concerned about this is all.
Original post by leroythelost
"HLA antigens of the Somali population are not categorised as well as those of other international ethnic groups. We analysed the HLA antigens of 76 unrelated Somalis who lived in the west of England. HLA -A, -B, -C and DRB1 typing was performed by polymerase chain reaction using sequence-specific oligonucleotide probes (PCR-SSOP) at a low-intermediate resolution level. Phenotype frequency, gene frequency and haplotype frequency were used to study the relationship between Somalis and other relevant populations. The antigens with highest frequencies were HLA -A1, A2, and A30; B7, B51 and B39; Cw7, Cw16, Cw17, Cw15 and Cw18; DR 13, DR17, DR8 and DR1. HLA haplotypes with high significance and characteristics of the Somali population are B7-Cw7, B39-Cw12, B51-Cw16, B57-Cw18. The result of HLA class I and class II antigen frequencies show that the Somali population appear more similar to Arab or Caucasoid than to African populations. The results are consistent with hypothesis, supported by cultural and historical evidence, of common origin of the Somali population."How can you be black and not negroid? Thats like saying a group is "white" but not Caucasian

No.

Somalis are 90%+ e1b1 which is the most common in Somalia and Morocco and some in southern Europe and East Africa.

Somalis are not Arabethnically
Arabs have different hablogroups.

also no.. Somalis are more related to Berbers/negroids then Arabs.

lol. we don't even share much similar gene groups with arabs from the middle east.

Somalis are very homogeneous any way
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by caelumstar
lol, I'm from east Africa and over there it's depends on ur colour, so if ur light skinned ur not black, but ur still african. Nothing to do with hair, for example I'm dark skinned with wavy /straight hair, still black in Africa. I've noticed though some black Americans I met thought I was wearing a wig! and they thought my brother was a dark skinned Indian lool. My sister has super curly hair but she's very light skinned, she's considered light in Africa, and is thought Asian here, doesn't really matter though. Only ur own race will really understand who and what u are. Both myself, my brother and my sister are automatically recognised by our people.

It is to do with hair if you're in Latin America. And no one say, "we're not in Latin America." This is the internet, someone can be and probably will be. Race is a global issue and so there needs to be a common, international understanding of what it is.

And they are still seen as black in Africa because of apartheid.
No.

Somalis are 90%+ e1b1 which is the most common in Somalia and Morocco and some in southern Europe and East Africa.

lol. we don't even share much similar gene groups with arabs from the middle east.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aren't berbers arabic?
No.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ignore me if you want but you are wrong, sister.
Somalis depending on which kind (we're obviously discussing the fairer, finer haired ones, but can include darker ones as well like the rapper K'Naan who is clearly black but in this way

as opposed to black in this way

Even with the similar hairstyle you can see differences. Those differences are because of shared however distant blood with West Asians or Europeans. Just...accept it. Now does that discount K'naan and his kind as black, hell no. At least you see that much :h:
Original post by Sweet n Sour
race2rās/nounnoun: race; plural noun: races

each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics."people of all races, colors, and creeds"synonyms:ethnic group, racial type, origin, ethnic origin, color"students of many different races"

a group of people sharing the same culture, history, language, etc.; an ethnic group.

Using your own definition:

Japanese and Iraqis don't have the same culture.
Japanese and Iraqis don't have the same history.
Japanese and Iraqis don't have the same language.

That's 0/3. Well done.

Now ignore this post because you don't have an answer :rofl:
What kind of somali are you? The fair soft haired kind, the medium toned curly haired kind, or the Negroid looking kind?
You strike me as the negroid looking kind that uses internet anonymity to purport as a fairer and holier Somali, hence your outrage that Somalis are dark skinned and confused for Negroid.

na.

you keep guessing! Only a few trusted TSR members have seen me.

but if scientists classify Somalis as not negroid, what can I do?

what's worse is people think we are half arabs lol.
they need to stop thinking all Africans look the same.

Somalis do not mix.
we just look different dude.
genetics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aren't berbers arabic?

No.

This a berber

The Moroccans you think of who look like this

are Arab mixed. There is a divide in Morocco as well, within the ethnic groups, and within the black race.
na.

Somalis do not mix.
genetics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You seem to take being a somali as credible source and evidence but have yet to engage with academic facts, and please acknowledge that you have read my other post which denotes what makes Somali mistaken as Arab.
Somalis are part black African and arab its fact...Hmm lets see you have most subsaharan africans looking not exactly the same but similiar in facial features,hair texture etc and then when we get east africans which just happen to be very close to arabs in north africa and the middle east, its like all of a sudden the people there have facial features and hair textures that look like would be a mix of the two. Its a hard one to work out isnt it?

That's because east Africa is the mother of humans.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You seem to take being a somali as credible source and evidence but have yet to engage with academic facts, and please acknowledge that you have read my other post which denotes what makes Somali mistaken as Arab.

Wikipedia

Somali people

genetics

you should find basic information there

Posted from TSR Mobile
na.

Somalis do not mix.
genetics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if ur not Negroid how can u be black? Its like saying ur white but not Caucasian
Well if ur not Negroid how can u be black? Its like saying ur white but not Caucasian

black is social construct

arabs are not white but Caucasian.

Posted from TSR Mobile
na.

Somalis do not mix.
genetics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

...not true. Somali girl in high school had a white boyfriend and it was clear that they were shagging

You can be Caucasian and not white.
Wikipedia

Somali people

genetics

you should find basic information there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Excuse me? That is literally what I had to do for you: Let me then go back for you, sweetheart. You seem angry because you seem confused.

Somalis are of the "haplogroup M" which has "origins in and outside of Africa, from Asia." This can imply that they have some form of Asian or Arab blood. Now the bloodtype is the "E-V68 haplogroup" which is blood shared between Afroasiatic groups and Western Asia and Europe. Hence North Africans being seen as Europid or Aethiopid. I get it's frustrating but calm down because clearly there is a difference in common traits between some East Africans and Sub saharan Africans for a reason.
race is a social construct.

/end thread.
Original post by Saint-Saens
...not true. Somali girl in high school had a white boyfriend and it was clear that they were shagging

I think the missfats chick is mentally ill or one of those people in denial. It's best we leave her to herself so she can figure things out at her own pace.
Original post by ubisoft
You can be Caucasian and not white.

I know..But you cant be white and not be caucasian

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending